Player
    Character
    Alexika Shieldheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60

Verizon FiOS Customers Unite

Are you having serious delays and packet loss during east coast prime time? Are you on FiOS?

Post here, we need to create a collective, a large group that acts together and gets Verizon to notice.

It is not SEs problem, but I hope they allow us to discuss this here and work together through a shared platform in order to force Verizon to finally address this problem.
    (3)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Shouldn't people also post this in Verizon's forums?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mika Stoneheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I've been up and down on their fios forum posting in every single topic about this. Let's bump all of the relevant topics to the top over there. Im literally the only one doing it I know you could figure out which one was me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Muad' Dib
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Hi all,

Have been suffering with Verizon FiOS LAG Spikes too... for a few months now and I have been posting in their forums also, nice to know Im not alone in that respect (see Horrible lag spikes) .

Below is a partial screen shot with WinMTR showing my largest latency issue is at my first hop "L100.LSANCA-VFTTP-89.verizon-gni.net" Verizons equipment where my home router connects to with up to 1228 ms lag spikes which is 3 times higher than Im getting from another country...

As suggested to me; Using Windows resource monitor to get actual IP FFXIV connects to and WinMTR to trace connection, screen shot showing the results.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mika Stoneheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I think you might have a different problem seeing as your issue happens at the first hop. That is something that Verizon can fix easily if you get them on the phone. Try their support number. A lot of people on the east coast are having issues after the 5th hop which is according to Verizon 'beyond their control'.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alexika Shieldheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Yeah, it's the Alter.net hop in NY/NJ where it peers up with Level 3 and neither company want to do a darn thing about it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alexika Shieldheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    So, I am going to document everything here.

Chat Subject:FiOS Internet (Slow Speed)
    Your Question:I need a level 3 tech who can actually resolve the issues FiOS has with FFXIV.
    A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
    Agent Kancharla has joined. (17:39:15)
    Kancharla : Chat ID for this session is 07231571884. (17:39:15)
    Kancharla(17:39:25): Thank you for contacting Verizon FiOS repair support. My name is Kancharla. We appreciate your patience in reaching us.
    Kancharla(17:39:35): May I confirm your telephone number as 4018210981 ?
    Denise Campbell(17:39:41): Yes
    Kancharla(17:39:51): Thank you for confirming the number.
    Kancharla(17:39:56): Could you please elaborate the issue further so that I will be able to assist you better?
    Denise Campbell(17:41:38): Yes, thousands upon thousands of FiOS customers have issues from 7 pm to 12 am midnight every night with Final Fantasy XIV. We experience terrible packet loss and latency with horrendous buffer bloat. The issue is how you route us and we need to escalate this to a team who can actually fix this. I am sick of the run around from FiOS. I have trace routes and MTRs and can link them to a post showing this is a FiOS customer issue, and a large one.
    Kancharla(17:42:28): I completely understand how important is for you to work on the Internet. Not to worry, I will definitely help you today with the issue.
    Denise Campbell(17:43:14): No offense Kancharla, I know you are just doing your job but unless you can actually change my routing and your peering away from the congested route, you can't help.
    Kancharla(17:43:34): My Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    Kancharla(17:43:34): I will do everything in my powers to fix the issue.
    Kancharla(17:44:24): Is this happening only with the Final Fantasy or with the other websites as well.
    Denise Campbell(17:45:30): Only with Final Fantasy where Alter.net (Verizon Business) hands off to Level 3. No other ISPs are having this issue, I can use my neighbors Cox connection with the game at the same times and get zero issues. I am at the point where I will switch to Cox if I do not get to an escalated tech team.
    Kancharla(17:47:00): May I know what exactly was the Final Fantasy?
    Kancharla(17:47:11): Is that an Online Game or Website?
    Denise Campbell(17:47:11): It's an online game.
    Kancharla(17:47:52): Just to confirm, are all the other websites; online games and internet working fine?
    Denise Campbell(17:48:26): Only things that are not directly in Montreal where this route goes sour.
    Kancharla(17:49:17): I apologize, when I trace router this website, I see that it is not the problem with the Verizon.
    Kancharla(17:49:37):
    I am glad to help you. Unfortunately my expertise is limited to the basic tools such as Voice; Video and Data.
    Kancharla(17:49:42):
    Not to worry, we have a dedicated team who will have a good Expertise on this.
    Kancharla(17:49:47):
    Would it be feasible for you to make a call, I will provide the direct contact number.
    Denise Campbell(17:49:59): Yes, I can make a call.
    Kancharla(17:50:19):
    Thank you! You can reach our Expert Care team on #1-877-718-6716 and the team will be available 24/7.
    Denise Campbell(17:50:35): I will call them sorthly. Have a nice day.
    Kancharla(17:50:50): Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    Kancharla(17:50:55): Are all the Verizon FIOS services working fine to the best of your satisfaction?
    Denise Campbell(17:51:11): Other than the internet, everything else is satisfactory.
    Kancharla(17:51:21): Awesome! I am very glad to hear that!!
    Kancharla(17:51:26):
    Help is always available on your computer either at Verizon.com or with In Home Agent on your TV by pressing menu on your Verizon remote to access customer support. Thank you for being a loyal Verizon customer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alexika Shieldheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Guys, you have to call this number: 1-877-718-6716

As many of you as possible, call this, report this, do trace routes for them. This is our best chance at a fast solution. I just got off the phone with them.
    (1)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Keep us up to date on this when you call that number and I hope you get some answers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexika Shieldheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    The tech said to have everyone here call, the more complaints the more likely we get a resolution.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast