Player
    Character
    Noah Rosenberg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

Audio quality degrades after 1.19

Pre 1.19, audio in FFXIV was one of the best I've heard. Everything sounds crystal clear.

Post 1.19, everything in-game sounds like it has a low bitrate, like something played on a radio: it cracks and generally sounds bad all-around. And that's for everything, player voices, system sounds, and even music.

This audio issue only happens in FFXIV. Tried watching a movie and playing Battlefield 3 beta, everything sounds crystal clear.

Any thoughts?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ekko Noire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Dolby pro Logic II under the options ?
    (0)

Zantetsuken
    Endgame LS on Ragnarok

Player

Could also have corrupted files...tis been known to happen. Happened to me I had to re-install. There's no file integrity checker...some of your problems may simply be that one or 2 bad files.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noah Rosenberg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoven View Post
    Could also have corrupted files...tis been known to happen. Happened to me I had to re-install. There's no file integrity checker...some of your problems may simply be that one or 2 bad files.
    damn if that's the case, then I'll have to reinstall? the thought of having to redownload all those patches is killing me LOL.. but I have to do it to be sure I guess. Thanks guys.
    (0)

Player

I'm having the same problem, and it doesn't seem to be a rare issue either. The thought of possibly having to do a fresh install (if it even fixes it) is giving me a headache already.

nRosenberg,
    Give me a heads up if it ends up solving your problem. I'm huge about audio quality and I was irritated the moment I logged in after the 1.19 update. :\ Dolby settings had no effect on the quality either.

Player
    Character
    Noah Rosenberg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Heads up: reinstalling and repatching the game DOES NOT work. Square-Enix please fix this in 1.19a!
    (1)

Player

Good to know, haha. I was about to break down and re-install tonight. I really hope they take care of this in a hotfix, the difference is VERY noticeable, and it seems to be more common than I originally thought.
    (0)
    Last edited by Haseios; 10-07-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Player

I've noticed this as well from the very moment I'd logged in after the patch. First sound I heard was a footstep on a metal ground plate joining sections of Uldah only for it to have a hard cutoff with the Sound-FX like it's being ended early. Since then I've constantly been noticing it in many other areas at random and gets both distracting and disturbing toward keen ears.

I'd originally thought myself going a bit nutters until I came across this post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noah Rosenberg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    For me, it's most noticeable during battles. Sound effects like sword slashes, monsters hit, protect spell, they all sound horrendous! Let's keep this topic up so SE notices.

Also, it seems that many people actually have this problem, it's just that they don't notice it.
    (0)
    Last edited by nRosenberg; 10-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Player

It cuts off animation sounds, menu sounds, fanfares, virtually everything. Very annoying and the fact that they didn't even acknowledge it as a known issue is a little irritating.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast