Player
    Character
    Ashkendor Zahirr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebutt View Post
    That's not true you can own as many houses as you want if simply make alt characters. Many people already do such. Personally I think biggest problem is if SE allows current home owners first dibs on new housing via opening up transfers before allowing non-home owners the ability to buy but I also think SE should stop allowing multiple homes being owned by single person via alts due to the extreme housing shortage which only less than 2% of the entire subscriber base can use and less than 1% of the subscriber base actually own due to players with multiple characters owning the pre-existing stock. On my server there is zero houses in any wards or zones and I know of many people who own multiple houses on their alts which also include some people I know who are leaders of multiple FC's on their alt characters so have access and control the rewards of multiple FC workshops.
    No one character can own two houses. That was my point. Allowing existing houses to be transferred to Ishgard (instead of having a lockout like OP is suggesting) has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the availability of housing because when you move, the old plot is vacated. Even if someone owned 35 houses across a multitude of accounts, if they chose to move all of those houses to Ishgard, there would be 35 plots free elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone buying up multiple houses with alts. Those same sorts of people exist on my server, as does the problem of having no available housing. Regardless, housing space being taken up by alts is an entirely different problem that has nothing to do with what the OP was talking about.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KyteStones View Post
    I don't see why if they own a house already why they should get the ability to transfer to new housing if its added. If anything they should be put on a time limit before they can own any ishgard housing until the people who want houses get a chance at them

Discuss.
    Who is it unfair to?

It's not like we suddenly end up having two houses. And we don't get to buy the new plots any quicker than anyone else either, so there's no speed advantage. We have to pay for the new plots and house just like anyone else, also; so there is no cost advantage.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    N'on Myan
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxifer View Post
    I was mostly thinking about the small plots. For sure, medium plots were available for a little while longer, and large plots even longer than that, but the small plots were pretty much gone within 10 or so minutes -- depending on world, of course.
    Which server are you talking about? Small plots were available on Phoenix for months and it's medium to high pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebutt View Post
    That's not true you can own as many houses as you want if simply make alt characters.
    Exactly! If transfer system will impose some sort of penalty on current house owners, time limit/additional cost/etc., people with houses will simply use an alt and purchase house in Ishgard bypassing the penalty.

You know what is going to happen next?
    Lads who whined and demanded a penalty will return to forum and will start whining that alts bought whole Ishgard and there are no free plots anywhere left.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Scarlet Dawn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    How would this work..i mean will my stuff be transferred to? i have some stuff which is bound to my house...

Also if i swap, my plot will be free so grab it while you can? Besides why would you wanna complain about getting a house in the snow....
    (1)

Character
    Nadirah Serenity
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyonmyan View Post
    You mean Balmung? Was it 10 minutes before all plots were sold?
    I'm on Excalibur.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosa Blanche
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    we all know no matter how this transfer system will work, the new plots and newly vacated ones will sold out in one hour or less. since 3.0, half of the players spend like idiots on the MB with purchased gils, and the other half is watching their millions pile up waiting for a house to be available. unless they give us some kind of "one player-one house" system, 1 hour after the patch update we will be at the exact same point again, sold out everywhere with more people complaining.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyonmyan View Post
    You mean Balmung? Was it 10 minutes before all plots were sold?
    Servers went up on Tuesday morning like 5-6 AM Eastern Time. By the time people got out of school/work around 3-6 PM Eastern every small plot was sold on Excalibur.

the only people who could buy small plots were people that lived in other time zones, don't have school/work or woke up seriously early just to log in and get a plot. that's pretty ridiculous. i was fortunate enough to get one, but i know plenty of people who weren't.

also my FC would love to move from a Medium plot to a Large plot without losing our Airship Ranks, dozens of personal rooms and millions in member furnishings that can't be recovered. doesn't even have to be Ishgard housing,
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aegrus Drache
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    Servers went up on Tuesday morning like 5-6 AM Eastern Time. By the time people got out of school/work around 3-6 PM Eastern every small plot was sold on Excalibur.

the only people who could buy small plots were people that lived in other time zones, don't have school/work or woke up seriously early just to log in and get a plot. that's pretty ridiculous. i was fortunate enough to get one, but i know plenty of people who weren't.

also my FC would love to move from a Medium plot to a Large plot without losing our Airship Ranks, dozens of personal rooms and millions in member furnishings that can't be recovered. doesn't even have to be Ishgard housing,
    Sorry, but things arent always "fair." However, if someone wants to get up early to get an edge, don't cry cause you didn't do the same.
    (2)

Character
    Nadirah Serenity
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegrus View Post
    Sorry, but things arent always "fair." However, if someone wants to get up early to get an edge, don't cry cause you didn't do the same.
    Don't release a limited supply system while most of the player base isnt available maybe? You think that time zone got effed, West coast is 3 hours behind that.

They were gone before most folks on the west coast *woke up* because servers came back up at 3 in the damn morning.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Aegrus View Post
    you can't read can you?
    (5)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast