Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nadirah Serenity
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    My only problem with MSQ requirement now is that they apparently upped the difficulty on one of the later duties and it's become a pain in the ass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    Whats the real reason? Whats so bad about needing to catch up to play the new stuff?
    If you've been playing since (or near) the beginning, then you have NO IDEA how bad it is. I started several months before HW was released. The amount of meaningless quests are mind numbing. 98% of them are made to be fillers so the vast, VAST majority is just 'go here and talk to X and then return' rinse and repeat 20 times for the same quest. I put in SOLID weekends trying to get the level 50 quests done before HW came out and I still didn't make it. It took a month of those mind numbing quests. Have you spent 10 hrs a day of your free time going between X and Z in boring, pointless quests? I did and it was almost enough to make me want to quit the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eistella Carragrove
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    My argument has all the weight it needs. Do the content. That's it. There is no argument. This is Final Fantasy so story is relevant. <blah blah hee haw hee haw>
    You remind me of a pair of people conversing. When people don't agree with you, you dig your heels in and start hee-hawing like a donkey louder and louder, hands in your ears as you don't want to hear anything else.

And there is no 'argument' this is a conversation. A discussion.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xyno Edajos
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    So, I made an alt and did all the 2.0-2.55 content and am finally in HW content. And you know what, I'm happy all those quests are there. Not only is this char going into 3.0 at lvl 52, but is fully geared in 110 gear without having to suffer through the current state of CT or spamming dungeons and queues times. I was able to gear 2 whole lvl 50+ classes with ease. And when I pop into Ishgard, where monsters are geared for people i90 and higher, I was thankful I didn't have access to it as soon as I hit 50. I would have been shredded. The quest themselves, while being fetch quests, gave me plenty of gil and things to sell for gil that made the transition into 3.0 very easy.

So for people complaining, I'm not sure what your issue is. Those quests are great and incredibly useful for a fresh character.
    (6)

Character
    Iagainsti Kilamanjiro
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The whole reason for going to is heard would not make sense without finishing the Msq up to that point...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblyBoar View Post
    ....So for people complaining, I'm not sure what your issue is. Those quests are great and incredibly useful for a fresh character.
    I was not the one complaining.
    But I think you would not have problem bcoz you was not in the hurry to see new contents while doing old contents.

23Jun, I saw my RL friend, excitingly purchased HW for the new job, and prepared for MSQ with complete guide,
    however, 1Jul my frd was still doing 2.x MSQ to unlock new job while I was farming Law.
    I can understand how unfun for my friend. But he has no complaint and he just quit after one month.
    As some ppl said above, "this game is not for this player".
    (0)
    Last edited by Nicobo; 08-03-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: 1000

Player
    Character
    Xyno Edajos
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    If that person is so quick to quit like that, this game probably wasn't for them in the first place. It was known for months that you needed to complete the 2.X stories to get to HW. Literally months. And you had plenty of time to warn the person before they bought the expansion.There will never be any satisfying those that want to rush.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Emarial Artayu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    my only problems with the main story quests were the ones before heavensward
    2. you were expected to complete all of them to get to heavensward (thats expected since its an expansion but it doesn't make them any less annoying)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblyBoar View Post
    So for people complaining, I'm not sure what your issue is. Those quests are great and incredibly useful for a fresh character.
    Which is great for you now. The exp and gear wasn't there for those of us on the cusp of HW's release so yeah. Didn't start at level 52 or with 110 gear (I had bad gear trying to finish those quests, tbh.) Just a tiny bit of gil (that was offset by all the teleporting fees) and two or three materia.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    I hate the mandatory MSQ completion because 90% of it is a boring grind and there is WAY too much of it.

A streamlined version where nothing but the dungeons and primals is MANDATORY (i.e., the content is still there for those who enjoy it, but the more pointless fetch quests and dead-ends can be avoided) has no downside.

Here are the arguments I usually see against streamlining the MSQ:

"It will make people get to 50 without knowing their class!"
    I hate to tell you this, but this happens anyway. Regardless, playing the forty quests where you make food before Titan won't make anyone better at their class. It's mostly mind-numbing, low-skill "teleport here / fetch this / kill 5 ____".

"But there's lore in the quests!"
    --The number of quests which actually have anything remotely interesting, story or lore-wise, are lost amongst many obvious time-fillers.
    --If they are made side-quests, people can still see it.
    (3)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast