Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoWafflez View Post
    The fact people apparently hit 60 in N.Thanalan and I don't see any fate trains in post 50 content survey says: "Yes!"
    Which is great, because the FATEs spawning in HW zones are now soloable in a few minutes and reward me with anywhere between 25k (Coerthas) to 75k(Hinterlands). Not to mention the 1k~ exp per mob kill while actually doing the FATE.
    Nothing drove me more insane trying to do FATEs under 50 for my MCH (between Dungeon Queues when they weren't instant) and failing to reach any before the 30+ players zerged them down in huge trains, and when they left the area, the FATEs were in zerg mode and not soloable anymore.

Hell, i went to Bluefog for my PLD quest to start the post 50 stuff today, saw dozens of player standing around waiting for FATEs. Some of them were 52+. Dusk Vigil alone gives 200k+ for 25 minutes work ...
    And if you aren't 51 yet .. it took me an hour to get my WAR to 51 and all i did was a HLR, LLR and Trial Roulette then a couple of Hunt Marks in W.Coerthas.
    I simply do not understand why people still do FATE trains for HW leveling. Especially in older content when we have much better ways to get XP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ori Gosion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dererk View Post
    Hey look another one of these useless threads.

on ops problem with wanting to level the new jobs threw the main story of 2.0-2.55 their in Isgaurd because their Isgaurd jobs.
    A design choice the devs made.

They did not have to lock them behind the gate. People understand this is a video game and certain things not matching with the story are fine.

How do you explain killing the same bosses in Dungeons again and again.

Belief needs to be suspended for the game to be a game.

How do you explain people grouping with a Dark knight at level 30 if they have not made it to Ishguard yet? If your defense is the new classes do not appear until after Ishgard. Then why are you not complaining that people who have not finished 2.55 yet can group with the new classes?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ori Gosion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnietheCat View Post
    Leveling a class/job isn't hard, and with the right people getting to 50 is simple. There's no sense in complaining about it.
    I disagree. No matter how easy or hard it is. No matter how long it takes. There was no point in locking the content away.

And if part of your argument is because of story... Then why can i see Machinist and Astrologians running around? Why cna i group with them? Shouldn't the people who have finished 2.55 and those who have not be kept away from each other in order to preserve story.

What they did is what they did. I am just here to express my opinion. It made the game less fun.

Yoshi wants people to see the story, but he shot himself in the foot. As you have said many people are complaining about this and have been for months.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ori Gosion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    At this point Ori, just can it dude. You have no argument.
    The fact that I do not like the idea is Argument enough. My opinion is as valid as yours. I can expand on it. But in the end there are only so many ways I can say "I did not enjoy myself."

Its like this, do the content or quit.
    Why? I love this game. Just because I find 1 aspect bad does not stop me from playing.

Thats called progression. And I'll let alot of people in on a secret, 3.0's jobs are vastly harder than 2.0's and have an extreemly steep skill curve. Unless yoh have some basic understanding of the 2.0 classes you wont be able to play them acceptably.
    So what? Unless you watch a youtube video or have run content a few time beforehand there is a good chance you are going to get killed by certain things in Dungeons, Raids, and Primal battles. That's called learning.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ori View Post
    There was no point in locking the content away.
    Yeah, there is a reason. Because final fantasy games are story based. This isn't WoW. This game doesn't have 7+ expansions, it isn't impossible for you to catch up. You're whining because you don't care about the story. The fact is, the new jobs are tied to the story. That's why everything is MSQ locked. Because the devs care about their story. They want people to take the time to enjoy their hard work. Usually I'm super compassionate on these threads, but your block headed attitude is obnoxious. You can see them running around for various lore reasons. You can't access them yourself because you haven't reached that point in the story yet. Other players have. We're all separate, only one of us(the one in your cutscenes, your character) is /actually/ the warrior of light.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    The rest of the people are merely adventurers. According to lore, they aren't as special as your character. Your character is your main character. And you follow the timeline alone. Your character alone is important. That's kind of how these story based mmos work. That's how any game where you can make your character work. It's not that hard to grasp and if you're not here for story then you're possibly playing the wrong game. The MSQ lock is necessary to protect the story as you experience it. What everyone else is doing has no bearing on you and what your character is doing. So to your character, all the AST, MCH, and DRK /came from/ Ishgard. That's how they'd see them. Seeing them spoils the story in /no way/ whatsoever. Just get off it. It's an easy game as it is and you're not getting any instant gratification or handouts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ori Gosion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnietheCat View Post
    Yeah, there is a reason. Because final fantasy games are story based. This isn't WoW. This game doesn't have 7+ expansions, it isn't impossible for you to catch up. You're whining because you don't care about the story.
    I love the story. I have finished 3.0 and am part way through getting all my 190 gear. I can't wait for more. And i am debating making an alt to experience the story again.

The story in FFXIV is simply one of the best Stories in a FF game since FFIX. IMHO

I just did not like having no choice, but to play through content when all I wanted was to Grind to 60 and try the new classes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zari Lutus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    The only proper complaint i see about the locked content is the new jobs, although if they werent locked they would have to be taken out of Ishgard which could throw things out of wack. And they start at lv 30 so even if they werent locked behind reaching 3.0 you still wouldnt be able to start as them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kulthoen Akkiran
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Also don't see why people bitch about it, it levels you up. Or would you rather FATE grind in N. Thanalan forever?
    Actually, It doesn't. I started with rested Exp at lvl 50 with Defenders of Eorza. i was aprox 15% of my way into lvl 50 when i was done. Exp is piddly...i honestly earned as much exp in an hour in N Thalanan as i did running the last 2 tiers of lvl 50 stuff. perhaps there's a deal more if you are starting at the very beginning of the lvl 50 fluff. But I can pretty much guarantee you that N. Thanalan is much faster. and yeah, I'd rather grind for an hour in N Thanalan then do 3/4 of those fluff quests as they get irriating after the 12th time you run out and back to teh same location for....5k exp. woot.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kulthoen Akkiran
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    At this point Ori, just can it dude. You have no argument.
    He does have an argument. You refuse to accept it. And he's not whining, he's presenting a valid issue. Sorry you refuse to see another's point of view, but that doesn't change the relevance if his point of view. Your just acting stubborn and rude. I gave very valid reasons and examples of why the design can/needs to be changed and you looked right over them. That doesn't change their validity. Ori has been patient and respectful to your point of view the whole time, you have not. Your opinion carries very little weight to me at this point. You sound far more like your whining then he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    Then you need to work on your own self-esteem. I have yet to complete the Heavensward MSQ, while all my friends finished it more than 2 weeks ago, and are raiding Ravana Ex and Alexander for end game gear now. I am content to play at my own pace and enjoying the story.
    Not sure where you get this issue with self-esteem. Ori doesn't come across to me as a person who needs someone to falsely pat his back and tell him how good of a person he is...he comes across as a person who hates being forced into mindless drivel in ways that other MMO's have dealt with far more effectively, even story driven ones.

And it's not a feeling. When I stood in front of the portal to Ishgard, that wouldn't let me in...that wasn't a feeling. That was a real barrier in the game. How I felt about it didn't change the fact that it was locked away, and I would have to go through many meaningless quests to unlock it. I'm not talking about the important story plots. Im talking about the design that locks away the story behind hours and hours of silly quests, when they could have branched those quests out as optional story. Then people have a CHOICE...something it seems that many forget exists in gaming.

What I find sad is the amount of people who have to be demeaning when they could just provide counter arguments. The issue is simply this: SE did a horrible job with designing the previous end game content, and it obfuscates the transition into the new content and makes it a frustrating process for many people. Enough people IMO that they should look at revising it.
    (5)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast