Oooh I like her cold expression.
    (4)

Character
    Pontiff Sulyvahn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    I'm not sure why this would bother you so much to make a thread unless you were expecting this person to do your job for you?
    No context really just whine. They get a 30 minute lockout for leaving, if they believe their times spent better elsewhere then good on them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Lorrimer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 64
    As a healer sometimes leaving is the only option. You say don't "rage quit" but sometimes leaving the group is for the best. I remember earlier in the week the group I was in was lovely, fantastic peeps for PF, yet we hit enrage timer on A1 time and time again. By the sixth try and hitting the enrage timer and the boss still being on 5% it was definitely a point where I had to make my apologies and leave. I wouldn't shout at other people or anything of the sort, so I guess it's just quitting, but yeah sometimes leaving is the only viable option. Don't rage quit by all means, but don't expect people to stay for hours on end when it obviously isn't working.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Well, to be fair, if PUGs were to communicate a bit more instead of pulling the boss after 5 seconds and heading right into wipes after wipes, it would probably help a bit about rage quits.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaelah Tae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Ah DF groups, such a joy. Had one last night in A3 where one of the BRDs decided to blame me and the other healer for his death.
    *dies* "No heals?" Times passes. "No raise?" (No raise because we were spamming heals on the tanks at the time, he got his raise once tanks were safe.)

We wiped as the adds weren't killed quick enough. After this he tells us "Why no healed? It is your job to keep the party alive. You need to do better." To which I replied "Tanks always have priority, if you are about to die but the tank needs healing, I will always heal the tank first." Other dps backed me up on this. He kept banging on that the tanks were fine though. (No, if they were I would have healed you or I am sure the other healer would have...)

We wipe again because of the adds not being killed fast enough. He starts bitching again, but then the other BRD calls him out on not using any songs at all during the fight. They start arguing. Oh yes delicious DF dramas. xD
    (3)

~Quit moping, get hoping~

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Not specifically Alexander, but from my experience 9 times out of 10, the rage quitter drops and you get an instant win after.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Izarappi Jango
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    You people must have the patience of a hundred saints to be pugging for Alexander. >_> I guess it is pretty freaking easy if you happen to coincidentally get a great group. Really though, without context, I dunno what I'd say, because sometimes a group just isn't going to work out, and when it's plainly obvious it isn't going to work out after multiple tries with the same mistakes and no improvement, I'm usually of a mind to just take the 30 minute penalty. No big deal to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ayuh'ra Bajhiri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    I can understand the frustration here.

My life in A1 and A4 was a cycle of queue, wipe, see a vote abandon, queue, wipe, abandon, queue...

I definitely started twitching around my twentieth time doing the first floor for my Alex token and seeing people just leave. Especially irritating when it seemed to me we just made one easily correctable mistake.

(My BIGGEST beef on A1 is having to deal with one of the lasers myself. I'm all slow and BLM-y. Even with Ley Lines down and use of a Swiftcast I worry I don't hit fast enough. It hasn't actually given me trouble yet, it just FEELS bad, man. I prefer standing in mid and helping both sides nuke theirs down)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirgellon Dailemont
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhuni View Post
    I'm not sure why this would bother you so much to make a thread unless you were expecting this person to do your job for you?
    No context really just whine. They get a 30 minute lockout for leaving, if they believe their times spent better elsewhere then good on them.
    I agree with this. How is this worth the drama you are turning it into? Did the person even say anything? What if something came up and they had to leave? Who cares if they just wanted to leave anyways?

Drama queens need drama though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JungoBungo View Post
    You people must have the patience of a hundred saints to be pugging for Alexander. >_> I guess it is pretty freaking easy if you happen to coincidentally get a great group. Really though, without context, I dunno what I'd say, because sometimes a group just isn't going to work out, and when it's plainly obvious it isn't going to work out after multiple tries with the same mistakes and no improvement, I'm usually of a mind to just take the 30 minute penalty. No big deal to me.
    I don't think people are complaining about the few wipes and no progress, its the one wipe, rage, blame someone, leave that people don't like.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast