Character
    Rexipher Evergrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    I've been DFing A3 (love this fight!!) to work on my Panther mount
    Do unsynced Titan Ex instead (my personal choice). Takes a few min and super easy (if ppl know what to do ofc). I reached my 50 mark today thx to that, only 150 to go.

But ofc, if you love A3 and wanna do that instead I won't stop you. =) I just shared my own way of farming for the mount.
    (1)
    Last edited by Evergrey; 07-14-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Honestly, I'm beginning to think that solo queuing certain content in duty finder should only be unlocked after clearing with a premade at first. Say for a month or two. Long enough that people can gear up enough to cheese through the instance even with newbies messing up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekodar View Post
    Honestly, I'm beginning to think that solo queuing certain content in duty finder should only be unlocked after clearing with a premade at first. Say for a month or two. Long enough that people can gear up enough to cheese through the instance even with newbies messing up.
    No, people dont need to be held back because they are new to these very easy fights. People need to stop expecting one-shots in DF, one wipe isnt the end of the world as some make it to be.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    C'alih Tia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Yeah, I've had my fair share of ragers, too, though I've rarely gone in with more than 4 DFed people. This one time on A1, we had two melee (one preformed, one DFed) who were given the job of grabbing the adds to drag to beams. The DFed one, who had Hive weapon and full law (don't know how many were upgraded, but he had two dyeable ones at least), complained about having to get BOTH adds from his tank. The preformed (just a hair's breadth over i170) didn't have any issues with her two adds ^^;

Wiped twice due to one bomb repeatedly not being dealt with (guess which one). Cue more whining from the dps. Then we had casters picking them up instead (on purpose or accident, I don't know), and failing to place them. Our preformed healer picked them up the next time, but got unlucky enough to be targeted by the bomb assault as well and died. After the fourth wipe, we went F this, and vote abandoned.
    (And then came out just in time for Phoenix server to go down :p )

I'm more than willing to go at it repeatedly, but like people have said -- if the same phase/mechanic kills you over and over again and no one cares to bother enough to do them... Yeah =/

Edit: Had a LS member tell me today about two tanks in a DFed run who after the first wipe didn't enter the boss room. They just stood there, going "vote kick me, or I'll stay here the entire time". After a minute or so of trying to argue them into continuing, she just reported both of them for griefing. Once she told them they'd both been reported, one of them DCed within a few seconds, and the other just vanished.
    (0)
    Last edited by Noxifer; 07-14-2015 at 03:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CYoung187 View Post
    No, people dont need to be held back because they are new to these very easy fights. People need to stop expecting one-shots in DF, one wipe isnt the end of the world as some make it to be.
    While the fights are certainly not very hard, most players are simply not good enough.
    Making people learn and clear the fight in party finder first would make using duty finder a much better experience for everyone.

Mistakes are still going to happen, but at least you can expect to not spend the next hour wiping because of newbies.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yumi Umi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Ppl's over positive attitude usually makes others feel like "its okay " to not do mechanics right.
    They r like its ok keep trying hence ppl don't get used to the omg seriously man its right there infront of u hit the damn thing plz.
    Ofc positive attitude is a good thing but it doesn't mean ppl shouldn't try harder.
    Cuz wouldn't u get a bit pissed if ppl kept wiping to missiles in A1 for 60 mins, especially if u tell them the mechanics etc .
    I know i would tbh.

But probably the worst one is when 1st timers struggle so hard then when the group finally makes progress, the majority decides to vote abandon and ur just like wtf...
    We have 20-30 mins left and u guys decide to quit despite all that POSITIVE attitude of we can do it.
    I might be grumpy but i'd never press yes on abandon if the group is near the kill.

Now repeat that like with 5 Df parties then u'll start to see why ppl rage quit etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erilsa Leadleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    A failed vote abandon usually guarantees a win on the next attempt. The initiator probably won the drop too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odett Telos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekodar View Post
    While the fights are certainly not very hard, most players are simply not good enough.
    Making people learn and clear the fight in party finder first would make using duty finder a much better experience for everyone.

Mistakes are still going to happen, but at least you can expect to not spend the next hour wiping because of newbies.
    It's funny that you say that when the worst Alexander groups I've had by far have been the ones with no bonus tomes and no communication occurs because everyone silently assumes that every party member knows what to do. These fights are easy enough where you can explain all the mechanics to new people in a matter of seconds right before the fight. All it takes is some communication before a fight to sort out who will be doing what, and establish a friendly environment by not treating the content like a challenging raid with numerous mechanics that require a lot of practice (because it's not). These fights are fun kiddie content, very easy to explain, and generally fun. Trying to exclude people from easy content and treating it like you are just makes you like like some 9 year old who's proud of beating up a kid 5 years their junior.
    (0)
    Last edited by Odett; 07-14-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    In my gaming experience, people rage when they have been farming something for 6 hours and really need to log out. It isn't a symptom of perfection, it's a symptom of addiction.
    (1)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1445972/

Player
    Character
    C'alih Tia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumi_umi View Post
    Ppl's over positive attitude usually makes others feel like "its okay " to not do mechanics right.
    They r like its ok keep trying hence ppl don't get used to the omg seriously man its right there infront of u hit the damn thing plz.
    So you prefer raging people and multiple failed runs due to quitters instead of taking a few wipes to get it done? O.o

It's one thing if people won't learn despite explanations (and personally, I always try to include a "why" into explanations, because it's one thing to be told what to do but not knowing the consequences if it isn't done, and another to know which mechanics really are vital), and if it becomes obvious, then there are always the options to vote kick the problematic person or vote abandon. Going into berserk mode and ranting at people doesn't really help anyone.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast