Player
    Character
    Nom Noms
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    They lowered the impact of DET on auto-attacks, unfortunately. That WAS one thing Monks had going for them.
    This is true im looking more along theses lines:

Almost all of DRG's stat weights for secondaries is around .13 and Weapon damage is close to 10

What if a MNK's stat weights are something along the lines of .25 for crit, .20 for det and .19 for SS with a 11 for weapon damage. obviously this is just guessing.
    this would mean that as gear got better and better Monk would climb the DPS ladder faster and faster, thus allowing Monk to pass DRG's once again.

****Note: I dont want to see either DRG's nor NIN's significantly below Monk, but i think they should be simply because of the offensive utility they bring to a party. im thinking in terms of less than or around 100 dps fully geared. granted MNK does bring meh defensive utility now that DRK brings int down as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryomou Shimei
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeymtl View Post
    FYI, for Faust, make sure that you're viewing the damage done on Faust only. Dragoons and Monks' aoe abilities are part of their single target rotation, as opposed to many other dps jobs. They hit the adds and inflate the results.
    Yeah, it was filtered to Faust only. Usually like ~1250-1300 DRG, ~1240-1260 MNK, ~1180-1200 NIN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naesala L'arachel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    1457 on A2 savage self-sustained TP-wise, SMN/MNK/BRD/DRG setup. I can't go full screen windowed so I can't see my damage during the fight so it's hard to optimize, but I'm pretty happy with that number.

And yeah stacking crit for the win. Skill speed is always going to be a bad stat due to TP restrictions if it means you can get another stat instead. Not impressed with DET either, but I'll take it over SS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ossom Possom
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorless View Post
    1457 on A2 savage self-sustained TP-wise, SMN/MNK/BRD/DRG setup. I can't go full screen windowed so I can't see my damage during the fight so it's hard to optimize, but I'm pretty happy with that number.

And yeah stacking crit for the win. Skill speed is always going to be a bad stat due to TP restrictions if it means you can get another stat instead. Not impressed with DET either, but I'll take it over SS.
    Believe it or not but monk has the second highest AoE ability in the game, after Summoners. I think there have been parses with Monks at 1.6K in A2 Savage and the new BLM rotation makes AoEing not that worth it in comparison to keeping their buffs and using Fire 4.

Being able to put Rockbreaker in our rotation and having access to Purification gives us a lot more raid dps in fights like A2 Savage. That said though, I get to play Summoner in A2 Savage and they melt the monsters to nothingness.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naesala L'arachel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossom View Post
    I think there have been parses with Monks at 1.6K in A2 Savage
    If you're being supplied with TP, sure. Otherwise pushing that number will require a pretty flawless run with the current gear, considering we've had no time to master the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Essenx Duscae
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    So right now am I suppose to focus on Critical hit rate or Determination ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atiqa Craiger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by pouncing View Post
    This is true im looking more along theses lines:

Almost all of DRG's stat weights for secondaries is around .13 and Weapon damage is close to 10

What if a MNK's stat weights are something along the lines of .25 for crit, .20 for det and .19 for SS with a 11 for weapon damage. obviously this is just guessing.
    this would mean that as gear got better and better Monk would climb the DPS ladder faster and faster, thus allowing Monk to pass DRG's once again.

****Note: I dont want to see either DRG's nor NIN's significantly below Monk, but i think they should be simply because of the offensive utility they bring to a party. im thinking in terms of less than or around 100 dps fully geared. granted MNK does bring meh defensive utility now that DRK brings int down as well.
    Dervy have changed the stat weights for DRG in their forum thread by a pretty big amount.

WD: 10.625
    STR: 1
    DET: 0.139
    CRT: 0.162
    SS: 0.104

That being said, the weights you're suggesting are way too much compared to that. Weapon damage is possible, though DRG had higher WD weight in 2.X, why would MNK have higher now? (honest question, cause I don't know)

Stat weight differences between DRG and MNK have never been massive before, so I don't see how some of the weights would give around 50% more weighted stats than DRG get.

Crit gotta be the best stat for MNK now though, unless the bonus Crit damage you get are nonexistent... Bootshine and enhanced IR pairs well with that. (just realized that the crit chance portion of Crit would mean less with those skills though lol)

Also, MNK having 100 more DPS than the others would never sit well with anyone else... DK does still bring a lot for many groups. The tanks in my group don't wanna play DRK, not in raids at least, and it's not like I would want to force them to do that... which means that even though NIN and DRG have more utility according to most, MNK would do very much too because of DK.

MNK should be 50 DPS ahead maybe (will ofc change with DPS constantly rising). I don't see it happening any time soon though, because DRG is miles ahead of MNK in DPS right now, and I don't think SE wants to nerf DRG. They would have to buff MNK by a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Craiger; 08-01-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Odowla Wetae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    MNK weights are generally higher due to hate influences.

either way i think CRT > DET because crit was "ok" before since it didnt do anything to bootshine, but not it'll make it hit harder while ding the same with IR up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mike Fisticuffison
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    How much should a 184 monk be doing on a dummy with hive and party buff?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryomou Shimei
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Which pieces you guys buying with estorics first (obv after wep)?
    (0)

Page 32 of 192 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast