Player
    Character
    Jor El
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Future Weapons + Exclusive Weapon Skills

If what i'm about to ask has already been brought up then I apologize.

What I would like to see in the future content of weapon drops is I personally like the idea of "Rare/Weapons or Hard to obtain weapons" to have some exclusive weapon skill or ability that you can equip. Similar in style to Final Fantasy XI's relic weapons weapon skills. These weapons skills should correspond to their Boss/NM's aura/element. So Ifrit for example. If these were harder to obtain, and considering you're fighting the God of Fire. He should drops weapons like in the preview video that was brought up but each weapon should have it's own fire type weapon skill that is unlike any other and exclusive to that weapon only. They should also do massive damage if the monster is weak to that specific element.

When we fight Titan (if we fight Titan) the drops should be earth type weapon skills. etc.

I know this would be a lot of work in the animation graphics department, however, it's exclusive things like this that makes me personally want to level all my classes and not just which ever does the most damage. (mind you, I have all battle classes to 50) but if I was a new player that would be a huge incentive.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?
    Thanks for reading!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Ah so like, the gladiator gets the ifrit sword then gains some kind of uber funky fire based sword attack that can only be used when having the weapon equipped?

I like that idea. The only downside I could see is if you're battling an enemy/boss that's resistant to fire, it makes the weapon useless. Although conjurers do get an ability to nullify elemental properties on an enemy (which has so far not really had an important use) so something like an elemental based weapon attack could certainly make those extra buff and debuff skills more usefull.

*scratches chin in ponderment*

It would certainly give characters more diversity in terms of weapons and classes/jobs.

Player
    Character
    Eisen Marduk
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Well a big pitch for the game always was "your weapon defines you and your class."

Also, just because a weapon has a specific weapon skill that might be useful/useless in certain situations doesn't make the weapon irrelevant. It just means you don't use that weapon skill in that instance. Quit the excessive min-maxing mentality.

I think this is a great idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shift Solari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    I wouldn't be opposed to this idea. Hmmm, SE could use this type of system for Primal fight progression.

Ifrit Weapons (Fire) > Shiva
    Shiva Weapons (Ice) > Garuda
    Garuda Weapons (Wind) > Ifrit

Titan Weapons (Earth) > Odin
    Odin Weapons (Lightning) > Leviathan
    Leviathan Weapons (Water) > Titan

While each Primal Weapons aren't stronger than one another stat-wise, they gain the advantage Elemental-wise

It would be like Mega Man! Hahaha.... *cough*sorry -.-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jor El
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I guess my concern at the moment is, everything is so bland. I mean once you have all your classes to 50, you know which classes are the better classes to take to raids etc. I want/need some variety and options otherwise this game will get stale over time. Don't get me wrong I love the direction it's going in except maybe for some of the materia decisions but so far so good. I just wish they would add to it and this would be a start for weapons. I don't want to feel like i'm just going in and getting another useless weapon or armor piece because it looks cool. I want the stats on it to matter or have some incentive on actually doing the bosses in the first place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakhim View Post
    Well a big pitch for the game always was "your weapon defines you and your class."

Also, just because a weapon has a specific weapon skill that might be useful/useless in certain situations doesn't make the weapon irrelevant. It just means you don't use that weapon skill in that instance. Quit the excessive min-maxing mentality.

I think this is a great idea.
    I wasn't min-maxing. I was thinking if a weapon operated on a certain element, considering how elements operate at the moment, then perhaps a portion of it's damage would be from that particular element. Therefore a portion of the Ifrit weaponry would be fire-based, which wouldn't be so good against a fire enemy.

However if it's elemental properties only mattered with it's unique weapon skill then yeah, it wouldn't be a problem ^.^

Player
    Character
    Ereskigal Irkalla
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I brought up this in the loot thread, but the way I see it is when the weapon is equip it will allow you to use a ability. glad gets Burning_Strike, pug gets double punch, MRD gets flaming strike, CON gets Inferno howl, THM Crimson howl, just examples.
    (0)