Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Jedei Oronir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 52

Will the Lightning or Shantotto events ever return?

Hello,

I am wondering if the Lightning or Shantotto events will ever return to Eorzea. Or, will the rewards or content become available through the Mog Station? I figure there's quite a bunch of people who aren't crazy about/interested in Lightning, or the XIII series anymore. I enjoyed them, but that is not the point. Rather, I began playing XIV far after the Lightning event was long gone, and was busy doing the Spriggan event in XI while Shantotto was in Eorzea. As a completionist of the Final Fantasy series, and in MMOs in general, being able to experience these would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see the events, but settling for the rewards in the cash shop wouldn't be all that bad. To have them never return sounds wasteful and noninclusive. Perhaps there are other events I am missing, but these two stand out. The XI team is quite good at reoccurring events, so hopefully that outlook is here in XIV as well.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Solaria Luna
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 51
    I would like to see these too. (since I also started actually playing way after the Lightning event ended and I'm curious to see the XI crossover event too)
    (3)
    My friend recruitment codes (I put it here because in the thread it just gets out dated quickly by new posts):
    My code(1): HVTRTX6P (Unused)
    My code(2): RAJHW2J3 (Unused, but could be invalid at this point)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    I woul prefer they just sell them. Same rules for one time seasonal items.
    I really don't want to see my least liked ff protagonist prancing around this world for the umpteenth time.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It's possible, but doubtful. The FFXIII and FFXI crossover events (along with the Dragon Quest crossover event that also took place around the same time) were actually to celebrate milestones or anniversaries in their respective games (the FFXI event was to coincide with the eleventh anniversary of FFXI service, and the FFXIII event was cross marketing connected with the original Japanese and US/European releases of Lightning Returns - the DQ event was similarly to celebrate Dragon Quest Online's first anniversary of service. As these milestones have long since passed, it's highly unlikely SE will bring them back again.

But then, I said the same thing about that we'd probably never see a FFVII Remake in our lifetimes so... stranger things have happened.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Kytheren Kenni
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    It's possible, but doubtful. The FFXIII and FFXI crossover events (along with the Dragon Quest crossover event that also took place around the same time) were actually to celebrate milestones or anniversaries in their respective games (the FFXI event was to coincide with the eleventh anniversary of FFXI service, and the FFXIII event was cross marketing connected with the original Japanese and US/European releases of Lightning Returns - the DQ event was similarly to celebrate Dragon Quest Online's first anniversary of service. As these milestones have long since passed, it's highly unlikely SE will bring them back again.

But then, I said the same thing about that we'd probably never see a FFVII Remake in our lifetimes so... stranger things have happened.
    IT IS COMETH
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cardinal Copia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post

They brought all three of those events back at the same time during last year's anniversary event though there were no corresponding milestones.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryel Altaria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Hope not, toss em in the cash shop.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Faust Eisenhart
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    People ask about this a lot. I find that every single time it's because they want the loot, not the event.

So cash shop it, make a few bucks off of it, and stop resurrecting the shambling corpse of Lightning's awful game series.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Asuna Okawa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    FFXIII should be thrown into their box of shame and no one should ever look back on it. Throw the items in the mogstation for 99cents a piece or something.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raccoon Bandit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahArks View Post
    FFXIII should be thrown into their box of shame and no one should ever look back on it. Throw the items in the mogstation for 99cents a piece or something.
    Nah man. The game was fine. They were trying something a bit different with the battle system and summons. As for the linear stages... well. That was kinda explained in the story mode. It was mostly about combat instead of exploration. But because they derived from that they got unneeded hate. I will admit though. To many un-needed characters made it harder to be close to the cast as other Final Fantasy games. Again they tried something new. The fight "your summon and capture it" got repetitive and eventually predictable. But the game was no where near as trash as people made it seem. there are far worse games. X-Blades- E.T- Brink-Ninja Gaiden 3-Home Front and so on

not giving 13 a pass. but it was no where near as "Throw it away in a box and forget it" bad. That was just expectations being hyped and not being delivered.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast