Results 3,051 to 3,053 of 3053
    Player
    Character
    Kain's Soulreaver
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    might as well sharpcast t4, will di more damage..., but with 2×t3 up, youll proc very likely more (and costs less mp)

just potency alone, t4 would be a bit highet
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nine Thephantom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Komaru_Tatoro View Post
    if 2 adds, you might as well just sharp t3 and tc the 2nd. then just single target f4 rotation 1 of the add.
    Only do that rotation if you don't care about max dps. I'm always trying to do the highest dps possible at any moment, so I go straight to the AOE for 2 trash. Its just t4 b4 f3 f4 f4 flare flare trans. The reason its better is because the 2 flares give you roughly 4xf4 worth of damage, but in less time, even with a full 3 second wait on transpose which doesn't happen often given randomness, foul procs and tc procs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    might as well sharpcast t4, will di more damage..., but with 2×t3 up, youll proc very likely more (and costs less mp)

just potency alone, t4 would be a bit highet
    Intuitively looking at it, it seems like the higher proc chance doesn't have a higher pps for two reasons, 1: the time it takes to cast 2x t3 (even with one being a straigt GDC) and 2: the extra procs would be worth less potency.

What math is involved to optimize this situation?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Man Hood
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    youre right on the pps for flaring 2 adds. it just alot of time when i do get 2 enenmy left, they are usaully low hp around that time and proabably my swift or triple is on cd or i just want to save it for the next set of full hp big mob pull and also the other dam dps kills it before my long cast flare goes off *makes a fist* lol.
    the flare longcast sometime equated to overkill dmg. thus why most of the time i tend to just f4 the remaining health when its 2mob.

i guess it does help that my current meld is the 1050sps meld. i trade speed with bigger numbers :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Komaru_Tatoro; 11-23-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306