Page 226 of 307 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3067
    Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I have 593 accuracy with full BiS. Question though... how much spell speed do we really need? Like, the BiS say to put SS on the Alex coat and I put crit on it cause I felt I had too much SS. Is there a reason why we should lower crit in favour of 1200+ ss? I'm at 1219 right now I believe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Not really any such thing as too much spell speed really.
    The thing you have to know is you would need such a high amount of crit as crit=chance of happening and spell speed is guaranteed.
    How high is your crit? I would think around 900 or + is fine
    That is one way of looking at it. I am not good at explaining stuff, lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Crit sits at 779 actually without food
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctus Tagaris
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I don't really know crit builds ATM but the general consensus is to stack SpS for the quality of life changes. With flaugs you hit 1300 Sps which is really nice for those sub 2 sec fire 1's and helping you get that last fire iv off before stasis in 12s. But I'm sure the really good BLM's here can give you a better answer regarding crit. Personally I've just gotten too many 0% crit openers and such so I prefer SpS (also since my BLM game needs a good amount of work). And that was with the shire coat, and the old right side BiS which gave you a lot of crit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alayna Lazriel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Crit is very tough because of the RNG factor. With BLM having unlimited MP, high SS doesn't really hinder us in any way.

I've done numerous testing with SS heavy builds vs Crit heavy builds, and truthfully, the numbers are just all over the place. With no food or potions, I'm anywhere between 2600 - 2800 DPS on a 3 minute dummy parse. I've been as low as 2600 with both builds and been as high 2800+ with both builds as well. It really just comes down to how many TC pros you get and Crit %. I actually think its not so much about Crit rate as it is the actual damage increase with having higher Crit. I could see having a 900+ Crit being extremely beneficial while Battle Litany is up, but you're talking only 60 seconds of BL in a 7 minute fight. Other than that, it really is just RNG.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Raki'th Nea'lh
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Now i'm completely lost... you managed to totally blur my mind...
    I'm 1008 SS and 1003 Crit (no food). Is that ok or must i change something (more SS and less Crit) ??
    What is the lowest Crit level advisable ?
    thank you guys, i love all the numerous debates ;-)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I do not think there is a real set amount or at least that anyone has tested.
    In order for crit to actually make a difference you would need a high enough number but at the expense of possibility other stats.
    Remember Crit= % of actually happening, it is basically RNG, now with spell speed it is guaranteed and you can fit more fire into your rotation.
    At 1003 Crit i would actually focus more on SS now, 1008 is not bad by any means but myself i prefer in the 1100+
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raki'th Nea'lh
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    At 1003 Crit i would actually focus more on SS now, 1008 is not bad by any means but myself i prefer in the 1100+
    thanks for your asnwer, but if i want 1100+ SS i need to lower my Crit... what would be the minimum acceptable crit level then ?
    thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lilyth Chan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakith View Post
    thanks for your asnwer, but if i want 1100+ SS i need to lower my Crit... what would be the minimum acceptable crit level then ?
    thank you
    As long as you are stacking SS, there's no such thing as minimum acceptable crit level.

With the best gear currently available though, you should be looking at 1300+ SS and around 750 crit with the best food.

It's also worth noticing that if you wanna have 284 piety for the guaranteed thunder after B3, a bit of your crit would have to be sacrificed as well for some piety melds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Professor Moon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    So since the DS Coat is essentially the Alexandrian coat but a 260 version, should I be wearing that over my 270 shire body simply for the spell speed? I definitely don't need the accuracy. Is it a good sub til I beat 12s?
    (0)

Page 226 of 307 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 ... LastLast