Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Examples of gameplay you think is a form of torture. Let's hear 'em!

One reason why I'm glad Tanaka won't be having a leading role in FFXIV is because of the quests out of Limsa Lominsa. The main storyline quests I mean.

It has had me visit God's Grip four times.

Without chocobos or other means of rapid transit.

Holy f*ck, Square. Do you really hate your customers that much?

Gamers, let's hear your examples of gaming torture inflicted upon you by Square Enix. Non-FFXIV examples also qualify.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    The FF10 "Chocobo Race". Birds appearing out of nowhere right in front of you and slamming into you, blitzballs doing the same out of nowhere, against a cheating npc and the only way you are able to win is if the first random balloon is positioned right in front of you so the npc wastes time going to your side and you can pull ahead and grab everything before they do.

Oh yeah the chocobo controls awfully and the camera changes screw you up.
    (7)
    Last edited by Estellios; 09-26-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    idk, there non for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    FFXIV Craft Grinding. I could learn to weave real clothes in that amount of time.
    (34)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

FF1 random monster every 5 secs.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    The Horn and Hand faction leve at Nine Ivies where you have to follow some retarded NPC that keeps turning around. Of course you can't be spotted and the paths being tunnels leave barely anywhere to hide. Those type of quests in general are horrific but that one is especially bad due to the terrain.
    (4)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    The FF10 "Chocobo Race". Birds appearing out of nowhere right in front of you and slamming into you, blitzballs doing the same out of nowhere, against a cheating npc and the only way you are able to win is if the first random balloon is positioned right in front of you so the npc wastes time going to your side and you can pull ahead and grab everything before they do.

Oh yeah the chocobo controls awfully and the camera changes screw you up.
    Completely off topic: Blitzball had nothing random, all movements, shots, dribbles, blocking, etc were governed by stats.

Most of FFXIV's quest as of right now are an incredible chore without chocobos =/
    (4)

Signature provided by grausekopf ~ Thank you ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    Thanks for the 5 ifrits canes Yoshi i can build a life raft and use them to float to another mmo.

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    All of XIII especially Snow's "Much appreciated!" -line

What a great idea to make the healing spell to a TANK CHARACTER be the most monotonous and annoying line in the entire game. Adding insult to injury you couldn't turn the horror off at all and it made you miss entirely the game's strongest point: a rocking battle theme that was lost under all the paper thin characters' repetitive sentence-long shouts.

In XIV it's a strong competition between the leve system, lack of an AH and the ability to teleport. I can't decide.
    I think all other aspects have been getting better in some form or another and are tolerable but those features make me annoyed every time when they stomp on proper game design.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rhizzae Cathedral
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Running around in a group of 8 as a melee while everything dies before i get one hit on it, til i eventually go afk and put the archers on follow.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lucy Lestat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    -Most FFXIV quests, alot of them are unrewarding and usually pointless.
    -King style HNMs with retarded spawn conditions, sitting in 1 spot for 3 hours.
    -Dynamis style events that go for 3 hours + gather time + boring.
    (7)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast