Player
    Character
    Alys Brangwyn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Velia View Post
    Designed for pugs? In what universe are pugs competent enough to deal with Burden of the Father?
    I completed it in three wipes with a random group of people I scraped together via PF. Burden is not mechanically intensive in the same way that something like Ravana Ex is. It mostly rests on the shoulders of the healers (and a small amount on the DPS to eat orbs during Quarantine).
    (0)

Character
    Baron Eduardo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    because you can be item level 170 and people still fail the dps check on bismarck pretty miserably
    I needed a few more tokens for my next lv60 job, and thought it would be easier to farm BisEx than RavEx with pugs.
    Joined one PF that required ilv179.
    And solo-healer, meaning they even had an extra DPS and me as a WAR in deliverance most of the fight.
    The one poor healer was handling the shield and BOTH dragonkillers, and he was doing a good job imo, keeping both tanks and party alive and dealing with these 2 other mechanics.

STILL this party COULD NOT MEET the DPS check WITH 5 DPS with ilv 179+
    On over 5 tries, it was a wipe during those colored dragons/serpents 4 times, and the only time we made to last phase, the bismark back thing did not die fast enough, nor did the adds....

So I'm quite sure there is very solid reason for this NOT being on DF solo-queueable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiraan Kosmos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Its not because it would be hard for pugs that you can't let them have at least the choice to do it or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nacht Wulfengard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    You wouldn't be clearing Ravana-EX with DF anyway, trust me. BEX maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saryn Storm
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Doesn't matter if it's PF or DF. You'd be on a fail train roller coaster heading to a pit of sharks, spikes, lava and man eating lalafells. The average joe dps can't deliver on Bismarck, not even close (even in 175+, the entire group) I can't even imagine what kinda mess Ravana would be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Much Sabin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhra View Post
    But how am I supposed to learn the Primal fights if I can't queue for them? Waaah...

Hashtag solo player in a multiplayer game woes
    There's a bit of a paradigm shift between the Japanese and English servers/communities when it comes to DF. We tend to think of DF as where you go to learn, and PF is for clearing/farming. But they view PF as the learning tool, and DF as the clearing/farming. So it kind of makes sense that they want you to use PF to learn the complex fights before you queue solo in DF...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rite Neow
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneDawn View Post
    Probably because Alex NM is significantly easier than the ex primals majority of the pugs can't even clear Bismarck EX because of the measly dps check.
    I've learned that this is merely a matter of just educating them very briefly on when to use all their CD's properly (particularly for BisEX).

Ravana-EX, OTOH, with a semi-PUG is just mostly about repetition.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2