Player
    Character
    Aykatu Katamaru
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

So, what do you want?

First, this is not a debate between casual and hardcore; there are plenty of threads about that. This topic is geared more towards what you want to see during your 1-50+ levels and also, what do you want to see as an endgame.

If you could create content of some sort, what would it be?

Perhaps you see the difficulty of an MMO as time put in. Maybe you feel, that since it is an MMO, being able to have many friends and do large scale content fits your idea of proper endgame content. Skill (however you measure it)? Regardless, what would you have us do? What type of content needs to be created for your play style?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soraan Lutece
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    While leveling, I would love to be able to go to new and interesting zones every 5-10 levels or so. As it is now, I just see Thanalan and some of the Black Shroud. Maybe a little Coerthas here and there if I go grind. But it's just not the same. That's one thing I always look forward to in MMOs (whether it be FFXI or WoW) - exploring new zones for the first time when I get to a certain level. That's always been part of my motivation for leveling in the first place.

As for end game, I would love to see a variety of both instanced and open world content. While instancing makes for less drama and ease-of-play, I always loved coming across a huge dragon in my travels. It always gave me a "Oh, maybe one day I will be able to fight that! Looks so awesome!"-type of feeling.
    (3)
    Last edited by naaros; 09-26-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I would like that as time went on and more content was added, the world around us enhanced in technology, for instance like at the moment they have muskets, but maybe 2 expansions down the line those become rifles and pistols. At the same time clothing would advance to allow more material variety and styles.

The quests would then reflect this 'consistent aging' as both quest giving NPCs as well as important story characters appear a little older as each new set of content is released. though obviously they'd have to work some way as to why your character doesn't age... it's a fantasy game, they'll work something out.

As for what I'd want to see from 1-50, perhaps some more things put in that don't involve battling so much. We have crafting as a second means to rank up but surely there must be other things that people could do.

Exploring could be a possibility, like, you choose an 'exploration class' that has it's own personal means of transportation, as well as some means to pinpoint special locations on the map, then when you go there you have to find the secret area that could reward the player with some SP as well as maybe items, collectibles, quests, gil or other possibilities. Of course the world would have to be a lot bigger than what it is at the moment for a class like that to truly thrive though.

As for content to suit play-style, I guess I'd go for something that could enhance sociability in the game. Online games are no fun and somewhat pointless to play on your own, so if they put in something that gave everyone more reason to communicate with each other then that'd be the kind of thing I'd take part in. Can't think of anything that could do that though.

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Endgame Wise:
    I want this game to have enough content that I can do things nightly with my linkshell and never run out of things to do, and members not get burt out doing the same thing too much. (Basically alot of content with lasting appeal, I want to be able to do at least 40hrs of stuff with my linkshell a week and never run out of stuff to do.)

1-50+:
    More things to do besides level. Chocobo breading, mini games, capped fights with gear that is worthwhile outside low/mid levels. As for leveling, more focus on grouping and square going out of their way to make grouping easier without a dungeon finder type system. I feel that breaks the community.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carmillia Burana
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    What I would like to see implemented in a MMO is a village built and owned by LS:

-Raw materials (wood, stones, raw food etc...) would be gathered and or bring by DoW/M (by a very smaller amount compared to gatherer) to make them the most important part of gathering ressources. When you have X quantity of this and Y quantity of that, Crafters can built something related to this. The first thing that comes in mind is of course a house!

-Crafters can build stuff (chairs, tables, dwell, etc...) together to build faster or one by one (for the small LSs) but slower. Cooks can make food (really? XD) for the DoW/M that gives bonus for them to go battle or give bonus exp depending on the quality of the food. Same goes for armors and weapons (not the best ones that would be found in treasures and all) but enough to fight decently!

-DoW/M amongst their other typical monster bashing should try and protect the village from random attacks (dragons, empire, regualr monster with the 'aggro' sign or other sorts) which would occur depending on the number of people from the LS logged (not a dragon attack if only two people are logged on for instance). The village being able to be damaged (house burning, stuff destroyed, massive holes in the ground etc...) that would remain until it has been fixed by crafters/gatherers.

Something like that would be nice in my opinion (it's very basic ideas thrown together and could be expanded on of course) and make the whole world so much more alive because you would be able to see many LS owned villages in your trips for a mission/quest/dungeon and whatnot...
    (0)

Player

more character customization. skills, unique gear, houses, furniture, chocobo. i really don't care about my level, i like to collect stuff and tweak my character. not necessarily for me to stand out from other players, but to see other ppl's uniqueness and be inspired, and just ways to pass time without being obsessed about the 'grind'. so kind of agreeing with previous poster but from a different pov.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilia Amor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Unique boss fights: Boss fights that don't resort to tank and spank, that require knowledge and use of patterns and game mechanics. Fights where position matters, and certain types equipment are mandatory/extremely useful

Unique dungeons: Dungeons that have various gimmicks or different types of gameplay. Examples would be the magnet cave in FFIV, where you're not allowed to wear metal equipment, or the giant's cave in FFIII, where you're forced into the mini status, and all of the enemies are huge versions of regular enemies. Dungeons that make use of teleport mazes, puzzle solving, and a variety of other things

More class specific content: Quests that cater to evolving, equipping, or even using classes, such as getting the summons for SMN in XI. Memorable quests that are vital in making your character, well, your character

Things that reward exploration: A redesigned world that interesting to see, with unique areas that have great views. Reward players for exploring by putting high grade gathering points within hidden away areas, and even having treasure chests occasional spawn in unique spots that could occasionally have nifty items or equipment.

Those are the things I would like to see the most
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    even having treasure chests occasional spawn in unique spots that could occasionally have nifty items or equipment.
    1.19 is adding them.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    I know people will jump all over the chance to argue with me, but here goes;

I would like SP to remain the same (fairly easy I would say) and add a BONUS for killing things many levels higher.

I would like Incapacitation to become the "hard mode" for NMs and bosses. To get a better droprate, you incap body parts. Killing them normally provides the current results, incapping would give people looking for a challenge an incentive.

I would like to see monsters that roam extremely large distances. But on that note I would like to see monsters of similar types grouped together more often and for zones to "progress". I can say that MOST people who start the game probably went outside and attacked something they shouldn't have on day 1... So I would like to see monsters get harder as you get further from town.

Its all I can think of at the moment, but I don't want people to think I want to make the whole game hardcore. The changes I proposed sit on top of current mechanics, so they don't make the game harder, they provide additional challenges for those who seek it.

Ill post a few more later. (im at work shh)
    (2)
    Last edited by DoctorMog; 09-27-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aykatu View Post
    So, what do you want?
    Obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMog View Post
    I know people will jump all over the chance to argue with me, but here goes;

I would like SP to remain the same (fairly easy I would say) and add a BONUS for killing things many levels higher.

I would like Incapacitation to become the "hard mode" for NMs and bosses. To get a better droprate, you incap body parts. Killing them normally provides the current results, incapping would give people looking for a challenge an incentive.

Its all I can think of at the moment, but I don't want people to think I want to make the whole game hardcore. The changes I proposed sit on top of current mechanics, so they don't make the game harder, they provide additional challenges for those who seek it.

Ill post a few more later. (im at work shh)
    I agree with all of these statements.

I would also add the functionality for your "adventuring partner" to do more than tease you in cutscenes and follow you around mindlessly in quest instances.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast