Threaded View

Player
    Character
    Norri Matora
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Not new information, but I thought I'd post the results of my fit here anyway.

1x Iron Voyage Spoil and 20x Minium found in Sector 24. Shiptype Invincible/Enterprise/Odyssey/Odyssey.

I figured it was worth mentioning in this thread is because a similar approach to this fit was made using information expanded upon in the Submersibles thread. The following is what we know about ship stats:
    • Surveillance: Influences which items drop from the loot table per sector (Rarer items have minimum requirements). May also influence the discovery of new sectors.
    • Retrieval: Influences the extraction rate of a dropped item. Affected by weather effects.
    • Speed: Influences the duration of a voyage.
    • Range: Influences the distance a ship may travel during a voyage.
    • Favor: Influences the number of anomalies detected at a single destination.
    Another fact that we know is that was already speculated in this thread is that Optimal Retrieval has the chance of yielding 2 Iron Voyage Spoils and that it is influenced by the Retrieval stat.

So, what does that mean for the Iron Voyage Spoil? Based on what I've studied in reports in this thread, the minimum Surveillance for the Iron Voyage Spoil sits at about 110 Surveillance. Assuming good weather rng, the minimum Retrieval required to proc an Optimal Retrieval is at about 115 Retrieval. Finally, 105 Favor seems to be the same threshold for double anomaly spawns as it is with Submersibles, but it's very easy to achieve due to how ship parts work with Airships.

The two ships I would suggest for farming Iron Voyage Spoils would be as follows:

Invincible/Enterprise/Odyssey/Odyssey
    A little on the minimalist side when it comes to stats, it meets the requirements to make Optimal Retrievals of Iron Voyage Spoils. With enough range to travel from Sector 24 to one other high-end Sector, this ship can make relatively quick work of any item you wish to farm.
    • Stats:
      110 Surveillance, 118 Retrieval, 82 Speed, 76 Range, 122 Favor
    • Routes:
      Sector 7 > Sector 24 = 1 Day, 21 Hours, 15 Minutes
      Sector 24 = 1 Day, 15 Hours, 13 Minutes
      Sector 24 > Sector 23 = 2 Days, 16 Hours, 10 Minutes

Bronco/Invincible/Tatanora/Tatanora
    Very similar to the Frugal Freighter in components, it trades Speed and a small amount of Range for more Retrieval. The larger amount of Retrieval compared to the previously listed ship fit makes it a bit more resistant to weather effects reducing its yield, allowing it to more consistently land Optimal Retrievals on Iron Voyage Spoils.
    • Stats:
      120 Surveillance, 136 Retrieval, 64 Speed, 66 Range, 140 Favor
    • Routes:
      Sector 7 > Sector 24 = 2 Days, 6 Hours, 37 Minutes
      Sector 24 = 1 Day, 22 Hours, 52 Minutes
    (0)
    Last edited by Norri_Matora; 09-05-2019 at 05:20 AM.