Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I decided to go with:
    Tatanora Hull
    Bronco Sail
    Tatanora Forecastle
    Tatanora Aftcastle

If it makes a difference these are the stat differences for you.

Mixed set
    Surv 138
    Ret 126
    speed 54
    range 84
    favor 150

Tatanora set
    Surv 120
    Ret 140
    speed 50
    range 140
    favor 120

They're fairly close in most respects except range, being able to hit more islands each trip was what decided it for me. However I haven't done the math or run it enough to have an idea of which is better (or if it even makes a difference).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    I decided to go with:
    Tatanora Hull
    Bronco Sail
    Tatanora Forecastle
    Tatanora Aftcastle
    That build isn't possible. It uses 20 build points more than you have access to with a max level airship.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    That would be unfortunately. I just finished building the third part, I was waiting for the airship to return to install it. ;( Oh well, time to gather more mats then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    That would be unfortunately. I just finished building the third part, I was waiting for the airship to return to install it. ;( Oh well, time to gather more mats then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyalia View Post
    Ship Builder Tool
    Go here and click File -> Make a Copy to get your own Ship Builder tool.
    This has all the current parts on it, so make sure to go to the ship builder tab on that document, ensure the ship you're editing is set to rank 50 and then you can adjust the parts to see if they'll all work. You want to be at or below 61 build points. Good luck to you, wish I had managed to catch you before you started building, I know those parts are costly!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Thank you for that but I tried using it before; the formulas weren't working in excel or open office when I downloaded it so I went hunting elsewhere and missed checking the capacity for that build. I've got more than one airship I need to build up so its not a wasted effort, I'll either use it on a different ship or sell it on MB; either way I'll get use out of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lord Bubbles
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Hi, I just want to say Thanks for all the useful information, I'm almost done with my first Airship that's almost Rank 50 and Iwas just wondering if anyone has any recommended builds that I should use for a first Rank 50 airship?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakane_Mitsu View Post
    Hi, I just want to say Thanks for all the useful information, I'm almost done with my first Airship that's almost Rank 50 and I was just wondering if anyone has any recommended builds that I should use for a first Rank 50 airship?
    The most annoying thing once you have a rank 50 airship is needing to unlock all the sectors. This just takes time and repeat voyages the key sectors shown on the air route map. I recommend an Enterprise Hull and Tatanora/Viltgance propellers and whichever Fore and Aft castles fit within your build points limits after that. This way you will have a fast, reasonably long range ship to do the sector exploration unlocking.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChameleonMS; 05-23-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakane_Mitsu View Post
    Hi, I just want to say Thanks for all the useful information, I'm almost done with my first Airship that's almost Rank 50 and Iwas just wondering if anyone has any recommended builds that I should use for a first Rank 50 airship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Invincible-type Hull
    Bronco-type Sail
    Viltgance-type Forecastle
    Odyssey-type Aftcastle

It's slow, has access to all the goods, a good chance at getting another hit at items and brings back a large haul of any items that are snagged in multiples.
    That's worked well, but there are still runs that come back with crud. RNG rules the skies I guess. Working very slowly on building a faster ship, sacrificing retrieval for speed (swap rigging & aftcastle types), but I have no experience with it yet. In theory it should bring back the rare items quicker, but less of anything that you'd get in stacks. We'll have to see what the expansion holds soon for airship parts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Finrod Felagund
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70

Any new sectors in 4.0? Any new drops? Let's get some screenshots going!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    If I remember correctly, Yoshi said there wouldn't be any more updates to airships. There "may" be something else along the lines of submarines coming. Since it wasn't at launch I don't think it will be before 4.1. But who knows...
    (0)

Page 134 of 147 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast