Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Major Rager
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    We unlocked diadem hard on day 1. Sector 21 pre-patch flight. When it came back less than a day after maint, diadem hard was available.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meldan Loredon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by COSMIC_RENEGADE View Post
    RNG maybe but listen guys! Diadem HM is in between 21 and 22. I unlocked it from 21 and then my airship commenced to Sector 22 (22 did not unlock it! it was 21.) Looking at the end of the report does not show that. That end shows what all the sectors unlocked so looking in the report has the info. Save yourselves the trouble and do sectors 21 and 22. Have a decent Forecastle for discovery, Rig for speed and you should not need many trips! I have read a lot of ppl debating. Either your ship will discover it in route from Sector 21 to 22 or Leaving 22 and coming home.
    I did both buddy, sent an airship to sector 22 and 21 and sent another airship to sector 22 alone, and both failed even with a forecastle of 100 and above so what can i say... fucking RNG
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big' Boss
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Hardmode Found

Remnants of Cetra discovered Hardmode from sector 22!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lazrex Alcortz
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I have made 6 trips and no discovery, I wouldn't call it 50/50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laeta Vita
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60

items have moved

In an attempt to unlock diadem hard, we went to sector 21 and 22. Both sectors gave us cassia logs which were only from sectors 14-16 before the patch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jerome Chong
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Oriental Grass

found Oriental Grass x 3 from Sector 14
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Doodle
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    My FC has 4 airships, I sent them to sector 6 and 13 mostly to try get the Dravanian Mote to finish up the moogle house skin. So far no luck, it seems to be a rare item... Sector 21 gave 4 Wind Silk. Sadly that's all I have to report for now. I'm quite annoyed by the rng bottleneck of needing to get items and Diadem unlock. Good luck grinding and keep the reports coming guys!
    (0)

Character
    Baron Eduardo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    from what I have noticed with my FC and some other friends' FCs, I'd say the chance of unlocking diadem hard is around 25% ~ 33% when sending airship to sectors 21 or 22
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeta View Post
    In an attempt to unlock diadem hard, we went to sector 21 and 22. Both sectors gave us cassia logs which were only from sectors 14-16 before the patch.
    That's interesting! I think they were the only one of the airship-crafting mats that gained an additional use in the new recipes, although I might be mistaken.

Thanks for all the reports guys!

Has anyone seen a screenshot to confirm that diadem hard can also be unlocked from sector 21? We managed to unlock it after four trips to sector 22 (single sector trip).

Quote Originally Posted by Xenora View Post
    I wish I had taken a screenshot at the time but yesterday one of my airships came back from a trip to Sectors 18 > 21 and both of the sectors gave the message saying Diadem (Hard) was unlocked. Have not yet seen any reports of someone getting it from 18. Tried to pull it up to screenshot but the unlock is no longer displaying when re-viewing it x.x
    This is really interesting XD I wonder if it might just be the case that any sector above a certain rank has a chance to unlock it, that might explain why we are getting reports of it being unlocked from more than one sector.
    (0)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 11-15-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arstas Taint
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60

Airship Components Calculator

I haven't read all of the thread so apologies if there is already a calculator.

In our FC we wanted to figure out the best combinations of parts for our airships and their roles. Given that there are so many possible combinations I decided to quickly write a crude script to first generate all possible combinations of airships (with < 61 components) and then filter them based on stats we chose. It turns out that it works really well.

If you raise the stats slowly in order of importance you can quickly reduce the number of results to a manageable amount, even right down to a single ship combination. Yay!

I think others can make use of this tool, so i'll post here it.

http://sandcastle-khadgar.co.uk/medi...hips/index.php

Maybe one day I will have enough time to write a better looking or more functional version.

/Arstas
    (2)

Page 84 of 147 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast