Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Yarem Bashir
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    This was satisfactory (you can see it at the 100% bonus xp)

And it supports the proxy theorie, but important is the sector the ship has left and not which sector it has reached,

Digged through my screenshots and found older unlocks:

http://imgur.com/a/9W64t

Everytime a found a new sector i got a good result with 50% or 100% bonus XP, maybe this is important too.

Edit: Sorry cant cancel yet because that would shift the return time into deep nighthours, but i will on saturday.

And first report is correct (thats when i took my screens), but reports after your ship has departed are screwed sometimes
    (1)
    Last edited by Yarem; 07-16-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarem View Post
    Everytime a found a new sector i got a good result with 50% or 100% bonus XP, maybe this is important too.
    This idea is starting to gain some traction with me! On my alt airship I visited sectors 01 and 02, at sector 01 I had a "substandard" rating (+50%) and it unlocked sector 03. At sector 02 I had an "Abysmal" rating (+0%) and it did not unlock sector 04. Let's keep an eye on this and see if we can disconfirm it or find more support.

Please ignore the following, just doing some testing of images from the first post!

(1)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 07-29-2015 at 05:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    U'hnun Darskand
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Additional information that I'm wondering if we can collect: can we denote the condition of our airship components (fully repaired or not) and tie condition to wind effects? Perhaps turbulent or violent winds degrade our ships faster than no wind conditions? I'm only curious because the log specifically says the condition of the ship impacted our ability to get a 2nd item or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zamia Aar
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    What is up with this ridiculous 1000 character limit on posts? I'm going to have to make 3 different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BonzaiFerroni View Post
    Might I ask, what ranks are you generally getting with your bronco aftcastle?
    I think B is the most common rating I'm seeing. I haven't been keeping track. I do know I got at least one "high extraction rate", earning a Satisfactory for the sector and an A rating for the single-sector voyage. I've seen one S rating in the past (no idea what parts or sectors); it must require a Satisfactory on more than one sector, I guess. Mostly I'm seeing normal extraction rates, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zamia Aar
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by BonzaiFerroni View Post
    Also, with your enterprise forecastle, how often do you see this message: Additional anomalies detected. However, airship condition found insufficient for further exploration.
    I see that frequently. I'd say we've been collecting a second item from a sector about 20-25% of the time. In the past, I've seen that message even when there was no wind at all. I'm fairly certain the repair condition of the airship parts is not a factor, but it's possible the simple grade of the parts is a factor, combined with the difficulty of the sector. Someone should send a ship with all Enterprise parts to sectors 1-4 and see how that stacks up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zamia Aar
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticharm View Post
    By chance, can you translate how it did in sector 5 (abysmal, substandard or satisfactory)?
    You can tell by the XP bonus. +100% in this case, so Satisfactory.

Sorry to ask more of you but can you confirm on your airship map? I think it's been a known bug that the log is outputting the wrong sector found
    I believe the initial report always lists it correctly, while View Previous Flight Log (or w/e the exact menu text is) often gets it wrong.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yarem Bashir
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    My theorie about 2. gatherings:

Every sector has a hidden dmg value, dmg adds up over the trip. For each sector there is a roll of total dmg vs heavens favor or heavens favor is factored in during the initial dmg calculation.

Initial condition of the airship parts has no or little impact,i failed a lot with perfect repaired parts and after upgrade and no repairs after 3 trips i almost get all 2. gatherings even in higher sectors then with good old bronco.

But with my limited data this is just a rough theorie which i cant backup with solid data at the moment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yarem; 07-16-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by super_aardvark View Post
    I see that frequently. I'd say we've been collecting a second item from a sector about 20-25% of the time. In the past, I've seen that message even when there was no wind at all. I'm fairly certain the repair condition of the airship parts is not a factor, but it's possible the simple grade of the parts is a factor, combined with the difficulty of the sector. Someone should send a ship with all Enterprise parts to sectors 1-4 and see how that stacks up.
    Well consider me very surprised! I never did have strong evidence that surveillance influences your chance of finding a 2nd item, I believed that mostly because of the wording in the flight log. Now that we have more data it might be time to revisit this question too.

What is up with this ridiculous 1000 character limit on posts? I'm going to have to make 3 different ones.
    For some reason you can add more than 1000 characters when you edit a post after you initially post it! I agree, that is a silly thing XD It is why my posts tend to "grow" over time
    (1)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 07-16-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    U'hnun Darskand
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I'm fairly certain the repair condition of the airship parts is not a factor, but it's possible the simple grade of the parts is a factor, combined with the difficulty of the sector. Someone should send a ship with all Enterprise parts to sectors 1-4 and see how that stacks up.
    I'm not going to disagree, I'm just of the mindset that we should do a quick study to disprove it. I find it hard to imagine that they'd implement something like this. I was just putting it out there to try to get some data points from others besides myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I'm not going to disagree, I'm just of the mindset that we should do a quick study to disprove it. I find it hard to imagine that they'd implement something like this. I was just putting it out there to try to get some data points from others besides myself.
    I agree, although I had put this idea to rest in my own mind, the better thing to do would be to rule it out with data. Although my company tends to repair our airship after every flight, I have a lot more control over my alt airship. I'll let the parts get as bad as they can get and I'll report to you my observations \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Lazrex View Post
    I have used 100% NQ turn ins for all 3 phases of this part and the highest construction quality for any phase has been 12/100. It is totally plausible that RNG hated me during this build OR when you reach tier 4 parts the calculations for construction progress does favor HQ mats over NQ mats. Just putting it out there, I will update more as I continue building tier 4 parts.
    Wow, that would catch my attention too! It could be that quality matters more for higher tier parts. I'd like to think SE wouldn't make it that convoluted It would be really great if you did half HQ of each item and kept track of the increases. I realize that is a lot more work XD Other people may run into this issue as well so I suppose we might be hearing from more soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 07-16-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast