Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Oh, my theory on Retrieval/Surveillance/Favor is that they are akin to gathering/perception/luck. In other words, one increases your % for getting common items, one affects your chance for HQ items, one affects your chance for rare pops. Surveillance and Favor being linked to the same component make me think Retrieval is the Gathering, Surveillance is the Perception and Favor is the luck.
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Katya Threadbare
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Not sure if it's been reported yet, but we just got Quickarm IV from Sector 18. I put the voyage up in the public spreadsheet. Don't have a screenshot cause I was on my PS4, but I think that was the last ??? on the first page from the first 20 sectors.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clive Hawkins
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Double S Rank

I had no idea this could happen but I just got my first "SS" Rank. Also... 66 Gathering IV materia. Good grief!

(2)

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactimus View Post
    I had no idea this could happen but I just got my first "SS" Rank. Also... 66 Gathering IV materia. Good grief!

What components do you have on Ragnarok?
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Clive Hawkins
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony_BoB View Post
    What components do you have on Ragnarok?
    Hull - Invincible II
    Rigging - Bronco (firm believer in always using the worst Rigging possible)
    Forecastle - Odyssey
    Aftcastle - Odyssey

Right now the trips are taking about 100 Hours but its an S Rank almost every time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bellandy Illyan
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Which sectors did you send it to? I can see 16 on the screenshot but I'd be curious to know about the others
    (0)

http://eq.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactimus View Post
    Hull - Invincible II
    Rigging - Bronco (firm believer in always using the worst Rigging possible)
    Forecastle - Odyssey
    Aftcastle - Odyssey

Right now the trips are taking about 100 Hours but its an S Rank almost every time.
    That's my setup that i'm planning to do for the fleet. Enough to hit everything with every airship. Also, Bronco rigging is a godsend for small FCs as we're only able to handle about at most a total consumption of 20 fuel/day without having a credit deficit right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    U'hnun Darskand
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellandy View Post
    Which sectors did you send it to? I can see 16 on the screenshot but I'd be curious to know about the others
    I'm interested in this as well. I see synthetic resin there which points to sector 13 (As far as I know it's the only sector with this item from Bonzai's chart). There are also chimera hides and cassia logs which can come from those sectors. The battle materia are what suggests at least a 3rd sector. This info plus the info from the Pom Exploration group on flight distances might help explain why they're looking at 100+ hour trips Their flight path is pretty non-linear

Edit: Can a ship return more than 2 retrievals from a sector? If we assume no, that means the Cassia logs did not come from sector 16 which would suggest either sector 14 or 15 was visited in this trip which is consistent with finding heaven's eye or savage aim materia.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arcticharm; 09-14-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I have the huge advantage of not actually being an officer in my FC. My rank is "Engineer" and I have full airship and FC crafting access, but I can't spend company credits. So, I have no idea how many credits we're spending on fuel. xD I just say "Hey, we need another fuel stack" and someone gets me one. No questions asked.

I should probably re-work my final designs to include crappier rigging, at least on a few ships...
    (0)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Clive Hawkins
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellandy View Post
    The sectors I went to were 14, 13, 16.

14 to get Cassia Logs for the Tatanora, 13 to unlock Sector 15, and 16 to unlock Sector 17.
    (0)

Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast