Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Lancealot Dainsleif
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Not sure if mentioned already, but Sector 15 Rare drop = Magnanimous Mogcrowns

(0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth_Trailfinder View Post
    Actually, its very simple. When you scroll over a sector, you see on the right side a Distance number and a Survey number. You need to have enough Range to meet both in order to go visit.

When the airships get back tomorrow morning I'll be able to provide actual numbers for what I mean.
    Ok .. using the Bad Penny as an example ...

Surveillance : 90
    Retrieval : 94
    Speed : 76
    Range : 94
    Favor : 90

Now, because the Range is 94, that is the Flight Distance when I go to Deploy Airship. On the right half of the Deploy Airship window, you see several bits of information, Name of the Area, Time to Destination, Time to Survey, Distance to Destination, Distance to Survey, Conditions, and the map.

The Distance to Destination, and Distance to Survey, are what are important. You have to have the Range for BOTH of those to be able to go there.

Sector 10 : 19 Distance to Destination, 13 Distance to Survey. That totals 32 ... as noted in game by seeing the Flight Distance go from 0/94 to 32/94.
    If I opt to go to Sector 11 from there, that would be 28 Distance and 13 Survey, or 41 more Range required. I've got that, bringing the ship's Flight Distance to 73/94 ... and only enough Range left to visit Sector 06 (8 Distance, 13 Survey, would bring me to 94/94 Flight Distance).

Selecting other Sectors as starting points works the same way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Roth_Trailfinder; 08-15-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Ah I see it does have servers now, my bad. ^^

Update: tonights voyage yielded no new sectors either, altho atleast we have enough materials for the Odyssey schematics now.
    [sarcasme]World first double Odyssey outfit with only up to 12 sectors and 2 airships unlocked?[/sarcasme]
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeyis; 08-16-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Elune Gyss
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    To add to the loot table: Fire Crystals and Gatherers Guerdon IV Materia from Sector 16

(0)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    http://prntscr.com/85atar
    http://prntscr.com/85atgi
    http://prntscr.com/85ato0

Didn't see at least one of these things on the first page, sooo

Sector 14 - 5x Intelligence Materia IV <- didn't see this on page one

Sector 14 - 5x Aetherochemical Fiber

Sector 13 - 7x Craftsman's comperence materia IV

Sector 13 - 24x Ferberite
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eithne Rain
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    My latest report! Although I totally forgot what parts I had.

Route was Sector 17 and 19. *I've had a slump recently unlocking sectors

Sector 17 - Toybox Schema, Craftsman Command IV
    Sector 19 - Dusk Leather, Ferberite

My ship is now all Enterprise but with a Tatanora Forecastle. Here's to hoping in 60 hours!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Our Fc airship is currently rank 30 and we are trying to unlock secotr 7, 8,9,10
    Enteprise Hull, Forecastle, aftcastle
    invicible Propllers
    We really want our second airship.
    Should I just be using our airship to go to sector 2 and then 5 and hope 7 is unlocked?
    Does the sector order in which your airships go even matter could we send ours to sector 5 and then 11?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elune Gyss
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Sector 21! It looks its unlocked from Sector 20 (a guy posted it on Reddit).

(0)

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoss View Post
    Sector 21! It looks its unlocked from Sector 20 (a guy posted it on Reddit).

Great. So I've now moved up to being a whole 9 sectors (and 2 AS) behind. Woot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jxnibbles View Post
    Our Fc airship is currently rank 30 and we are trying to unlock secotr 7, 8,9,10
    Enteprise Hull, Forecastle, aftcastle
    invicible Propllers
    We really want our second airship.
    Should I just be using our airship to go to sector 2 and then 5 and hope 7 is unlocked?
    Does the sector order in which your airships go even matter could we send ours to sector 5 and then 11?
    Sector sequence is not a straight up requirement. It might be possible that it affects it, but such is as of yet unknown. The only constant (and factor) we have been able to identify is that each sector requires a trip to a specific other sector, which unlocks it (if your lucky).

The OP has the sectors listed that are required for unlocking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Spreadsheet updates:

First, please keep ship names work-safe. I do sometimes access the spreadsheet at work, and there are likely others who do too. Thank you.

I was totally wrong with the idea that Survey affects survey time. I misread some data I had. Sorry! I still have no idea what Survey does. It might determine if you find a second item, or it might just be a stat that does nothing until rank 50, and then it has to be a specific value to visit endgame sectors? If you think about it, Favor and Survey are linked and clearly have less of an effect together than every other stat. When you upgrade one, you get the other for free, and with no penalty unlike all other stats (all of which come with some penalty to another stat). So, it wouldn't surprise me if Survey and Favor did very little relative to the rest. Favor appears to be directly correlated with higher exp bonuses. Survey is definitely required for later sectors. When we have more data, I'll do a second item comparison and see if there's any correlation there.

If anyone cares, here's the actual formula for how long a trip takes:

TotalTime = TravelTime + SurveyTime

TravelTime (in hours) = (21/speed)*TotalDistance
    SurveyTime (in hours) = (21/speed)*10*TotalCeruleumBarrels

TotalDistance is the sum of the distances for each leg of the trip. It does not include the "Survey Distance" of 13 per hop.

The SurveyTime is clear when using a ship with a speed of 70 - the sectors that cost 1 fuel all take 3 hours exactly to survey, ones that take 2 fuel all take 6 hours exactly to survey, and so on. If you select a location that's exactly 10 from home (SC05), the travel and survey times are VERY close (except not exact because the distance isn't actually exactly 10).

Keep in mind when using this formula that the distance between two points on the map is NOT an integer! The value shown is rounded, but the actual value the game uses is definitely a decimal. So, it may show like, "10" and actually mean "9.78" or whatnot. So, the above formula will give an approximation if you use the rounded values, not an exact one. At some point, I'll do the math and replace all the distances in my chart on the spreadsheet with the actual precise values, just because I'm obsessive like that xD

I've added to the spreadsheet a tab where you can mark one or two sectors that you want to travel to, and it'll tell you how much time it would cost to add another, not to the end, but to the optimal point in the trip. It'll also show you the optimal order in which you should visit the sectors. Currently, it only works with up to 3 sectors. If you select three, it won't show the costs of adding a fourth, and if you select four or five, the optimal order functionality breaks.

Still working on a concise, variableless formula to determine the shortest path between four points. (Three was easy - the best middle point is the one that minimizes the formula (distance from PointX to PointA + distance from PointX to PointB + minimum(distance from Home to PointA, distance from Home to PointB)), and the best first point was the remaining one with the lower distance from Home to that point. The complexity goes up when you include a fourth point, and I'm having issues making the formula work without variables. But, that's the fun of functional programming!)

The sheet still doesn't have a spot to travel 5-point journeys. I'll add that soon, but in the meantime, just put your 5th leg on a new line with an indication that that's what it is. Given how rarely people hit four points, I don't think that there will be very many anyway.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyalia; 08-18-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Whoops, it's fuel barrels, not star rating, that matters for survey times
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast