Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    The second item confuses me personally, I see "2 surveillance levels sufficient" a lot in my logs when I get the 2nd item.

The thing is, that showed up before AND after a forecastle upgrade. Leads me to believe that it's either "2 levels above HQ cap" which most likely means "you've passed the two minimum levels to get a 2nd item", or it's a display bug much like sector discovery.

Of course thinking about it, I've seen " surveillance levels sufficient" as well...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrna View Post
    The second item confuses me personally, I see "2 surveillance levels sufficient" a lot in my logs when I get the 2nd item.

The thing is, that showed up before AND after a forecastle upgrade. Leads me to believe that it's either "2 levels above HQ cap" which most likely means "you've passed the two minimum levels to get a 2nd item", or it's a display bug much like sector discovery.

Of course thinking about it, I've seen " surveillance levels sufficient" as well...
    The "2 surveillance levels" thing has to do with the weather. That's part of the "no wind" message. It is totally unrelated to the second item message.
    (0)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyalia View Post
    [*]Range allows you to visit more sectors that are further away (Range must be greater than or equal to the total travel distance + 13*(# sectors visited)
    Actually, its very simple. When you scroll over a sector, you see on the right side a Distance number and a Survey number. You need to have enough Range to meet both in order to go visit.

When the airships get back tomorrow morning I'll be able to provide actual numbers for what I mean.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Magistrella Opalia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    So, after not unlocking a new sector for 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks *sigh*) i got Sector 4 unlocked three trips ago, Sector 5 two trips ago and today i unlocked Sector 6 after upgrading my Forecastle from Bronco to Enterprise

the RNG is strong with this one *paints airship green* ><
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrella View Post
    So, after not unlocking a new sector for 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks *sigh*) i got Sector 4 unlocked three trips ago, Sector 5 two trips ago and today i unlocked Sector 6 after upgrading my Forecastle from Bronco to Enterprise

the RNG is strong with this one *paints airship green* ><
    I was at 3 weeks as well. Really wish this wasnt so RNG (?) dependant. Hard to keep motivated if we never discover sectors anymore.
    Unfortunately didnt have your luck. Discovered one sector a week ago, nothing since.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magistrella Opalia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyis View Post
    I was at 3 weeks as well. Really wish this wasnt so RNG (?) dependant. Hard to keep motivated if we never discover sectors anymore.
    Unfortunately didnt have your luck. Discovered one sector a week ago, nothing since.
    I wouldve been ok with been stuck on 5 after having only 1 2 3 4 for that time. Its more EXP in one sector then i got on a whole trip all the time before... - now its even faster leveling up, and i hope it won't be that hard to find sector 8 for the second ship as it was to get to sector 5.

Don't want to go too fast tho, crafting/buying the materials on my own takes 4+ hours playtime :x and there's still no quicksynth for all that Darksteel stuff i need q.q

Good luck to you so you wont be stuck at a low rank for too long ><
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrella View Post
    I wouldve been ok with been stuck on 5 after having only 1 2 3 4 for that time. Its more EXP in one sector then i got on a whole trip all the time before... - now its even faster leveling up, and i hope it won't be that hard to find sector 8 for the second ship as it was to get to sector 5.

Don't want to go too fast tho, crafting/buying the materials on my own takes 4+ hours playtime :x and there's still no quicksynth for all that Darksteel stuff i need q.q

Good luck to you so you wont be stuck at a low rank for too long ><
    Thats the sad part, ive been 50 for a while now. Still only discovered sectors 2 through 12. Cant really do much with so few sectors discovered. (not even all the silvers, while most 50 ranks have discovered half or more of the gold sectors by now)
    Cant send the ship to any other route as the useful sectors are all still locked.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeyis; 08-15-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raxxon Aiel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I generally upgrade the hull, aftcastle, and forecastle and discover sectors after 1 or 2 voyages. I keep the rigging lower as it only seems to really influence how long the voyage takes and I'd rather have the other stats. Never had a sector take more than 2 tries so far, might take longer with 15+ (rank 48 so far) though, we try to keep all parts updated as much as possible though. As soon as we unlock a new prototype we make all but the rigging so it's ready to be used once we reach the right rank (and use older (1 or 2 prototypes behind) rigging because of points).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Not sure if mentioned before, but we got Deep Red Clusters out of Sector 17
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxon View Post
    I generally upgrade the hull, aftcastle, and forecastle and discover sectors after 1 or 2 voyages. I keep the rigging lower as it only seems to really influence how long the voyage takes and I'd rather have the other stats. Never had a sector take more than 2 tries so far, might take longer with 15+ (rank 48 so far) though, we try to keep all parts updated as much as possible though. As soon as we unlock a new prototype we make all but the rigging so it's ready to be used once we reach the right rank (and use older (1 or 2 prototypes behind) rigging because of points).
    Discovering sectors is not related to upgrade level or part quality.
    Currently the only theories I have left (apart from pure RNG), is a relation to FC size, or a relation to what server you are on.

It might help if each ship is also tagged with the server they are on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeyis; 08-15-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Page 39 of 147 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast