Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticharm View Post
    Some of the reports I'm reading here seem really interesting. There appear to be some ships out there that are really well built and high ranks that have a really bad time getting new sectors while there are other less upgraded ships finding things.

Some questions for those having trouble:

1. Is the ship being sent back out as soon as it comes back or are there usually delays between? (i.e. is this a matter of number of flights?)

2. Would it make sense that slower ships (less upgraded riggings) have slower flights and "allow" for more time for that stupid mammet to potentially see new sectors between sectors? (speculation here from hearing some ship builds/rank)

Still trying to figure out a good way to use the airship spreadsheet data to try to determine if ship stats help but like others have said, I think we'd need massive amounts of data with controlled other variables to tell a difference. If anyone has any ideas please share!
    Flight number is fairly correlated to the rank of a ship. More flights typically means more exp. I can personally attest that discovery is not directly related to number of flights to a sector tho.

Its possible that higher stats actually reduce the chance of finding a sector, or perhaps even a specific part is needed, theres just no telling right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Sector 20 discovered from sector 19. Its to the NE of sector 19. Require 90 surveillance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kowen Blueblood
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Soooo..... WTF IS MY AIRSHIP DOING?
    We're having the same problem. Rank 32, visiting 5 and 6 every day but STILL no sectors 7~10. ><

(0)

Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2

toy box schema from 17
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mayoyama Nakata
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowen View Post
    We're having the same problem. Rank 32, visiting 5 and 6 every day but STILL no sectors 7~10. ><

Just a quick update, we hit rank 29 and unlocked 7 finally..... PLEASE LET IT BE sector 8 unlocked tomorrow xD. I only sent it to sectors 5&6 for this trip
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Eorzea.
    It is then that I know achievement.

Player
    Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Sector 20 discovered from sector 19. Its to the NE of sector 19. Require 90 surveillance
    Here are screenshots

(1)

Player
    Character
    Lucien Rabelais
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Jumping back to an earlier sector to clear out a ??? in the Sector Information

Fine Alumen is the Very rare find for S13
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Thank you guys for the updates! The SS Rubber Ducky is caught in sector discovery limbo (still trying to unlock 13 and 14), so we are woefully behind now. But if you keep the reports coming in on new items and sector discoveries, I'll keep updating the guide! I've updated the sector details and sector maps with all the new information over the last week.

Posting or entering data into the guide both work for sharing your reports, I check both the comments and the spreadsheet.

I'm also enjoying reading all the speculation about sector unlocks, that appears to be the looming question related to stats at the moment. Like Nyalia, I've done some analysis (mostly manually since I'm not a spreadsheet wizard) based on our data and I haven't been able to learn anything new. My best guess is still that it is heavily RNG. I also removed forecastle recommendations from the guide given the lack of support one way or the other. But I still have a lot of curiosity over whether surveillance, favor, or some other stat can contribute to your chances, so keep on observing!
    (0)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 08-11-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Seems to be a lot of RNG. We've had good luck with the 15>19>20 path, but terrible luck with the 10>12>16.... path. Took forever to unlock 12 and we still havent been able to unlock 16.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    So, it looks like the following is a valid sector map so far (underlined sectors unlock new airship slots):
    Code:
                               SC14
    -> SC01 -> SC03             ^
                                |
    -> SC02 -> SC05 -> SC06 -> SC11 -> SC13 -> SC15 -> SC19 -> SC20
        |       |
        v       v
       SC04    SC07 -> SC10 -> SC12 -> SC16 -> SC17 -> SC18
                |
                v
               SC08 -> SC09
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyalia; 08-12-2015 at 01:13 AM.
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Page 36 of 147 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast