Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Norri Matora
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Not new information, but I thought I'd post the results of my fit here anyway.

1x Iron Voyage Spoil and 20x Minium found in Sector 24. Shiptype Invincible/Enterprise/Odyssey/Odyssey.

I figured it was worth mentioning in this thread is because a similar approach to this fit was made using information expanded upon in the Submersibles thread. The following is what we know about ship stats:
    • Surveillance: Influences which items drop from the loot table per sector (Rarer items have minimum requirements). May also influence the discovery of new sectors.
    • Retrieval: Influences the extraction rate of a dropped item. Affected by weather effects.
    • Speed: Influences the duration of a voyage.
    • Range: Influences the distance a ship may travel during a voyage.
    • Favor: Influences the number of anomalies detected at a single destination.
    Another fact that we know is that was already speculated in this thread is that Optimal Retrieval has the chance of yielding 2 Iron Voyage Spoils and that it is influenced by the Retrieval stat.

So, what does that mean for the Iron Voyage Spoil? Based on what I've studied in reports in this thread, the minimum Surveillance for the Iron Voyage Spoil sits at about 110 Surveillance. Assuming good weather rng, the minimum Retrieval required to proc an Optimal Retrieval is at about 115 Retrieval. Finally, 105 Favor seems to be the same threshold for double anomaly spawns as it is with Submersibles, but it's very easy to achieve due to how ship parts work with Airships.

The two ships I would suggest for farming Iron Voyage Spoils would be as follows:

Invincible/Enterprise/Odyssey/Odyssey
    A little on the minimalist side when it comes to stats, it meets the requirements to make Optimal Retrievals of Iron Voyage Spoils. With enough range to travel from Sector 24 to one other high-end Sector, this ship can make relatively quick work of any item you wish to farm.
    • Stats:
      110 Surveillance, 118 Retrieval, 82 Speed, 76 Range, 122 Favor
    • Routes:
      Sector 7 > Sector 24 = 1 Day, 21 Hours, 15 Minutes
      Sector 24 = 1 Day, 15 Hours, 13 Minutes
      Sector 24 > Sector 23 = 2 Days, 16 Hours, 10 Minutes

Bronco/Invincible/Tatanora/Tatanora
    Very similar to the Frugal Freighter in components, it trades Range and a small amount of Retrieval for slightly more Speed. The larger amount of Retrieval compared to the previously listed ship fit makes it a bit more resistant to weather effects reducing its yield, allowing it to more consistently land Optimal Retrievals on Iron Voyage Spoils.
    • Stats:
      120 Surveillance, 136 Retrieval, 64 Speed, 66 Range, 140 Favor
    • Routes:
      Sector 7 > Sector 24 = 2 Days, 6 Hours, 37 Minutes
      Sector 24 = 1 Day, 22 Hours, 52 Minutes
    (0)
    Last edited by Norri_Matora; 08-16-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rabina Layil
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Iron Giant Core - Sector 14.

Posted because not listed for that sector.
    (0)
    Step into my mind... there are terrors here which you cannot imagine.

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 45
    Bump just because
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Has anyone heard if we'll get a third type of voyages or if the existing ones will be expanded?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norri Matora
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Gamer View Post
    Has anyone heard if we'll get a third type of voyages or if the existing ones will be expanded?
    Haven't heard anything yet. Submarines weren't released until a couple of patches into Stormblood either, so we probably wont hearing about new ships for another 6 months or so. With regards to expanding the new map, we don't usually find out until the night of the patch if something is being added for those either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gafgarion Lakshmi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Still waiting on SE to grant single player owned FCs the chance to build w/o having to ask for help... Can build anything else by ourselves but not ships?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri_Matora View Post
    Haven't heard anything yet. Submarines weren't released until a couple of patches into Stormblood either, so we probably wont hearing about new ships for another 6 months or so. With regards to expanding the new map, we don't usually find out until the night of the patch if something is being added for those either.
    Subs were a announced months before SB released but new locations aren't usually mentioned until patch notes drop. I'll be a bit disappointed if there's nothing planned.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pet Me
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Niurok View Post
    Still waiting on SE to grant single player owned FCs the chance to build w/o having to ask for help... Can build anything else by ourselves but not ships?

This is a rather annoying feature, why even have people there to literally stand there and do nothing? How does it benefit other players to literally sit there as you toss materials into the machine? Granted i help out with this whenever possible because ive needed help, but it seems like a pointless feature to even exist since they dont need to be a part of the FC.
    (3)

Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143