Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Role Play With GM in Ul'Dah (Translated Transcript)

So, logged in to the game to just chat a while, and here comes a GM, spouting off random stuff in french. At first I thought it was just scripted stuff, then I realized that he was actually speaking to the general population. So I hopped on /l and called over one of my native french speaking lsmates, and here is what follows:

[Troll comments have been removed, except where the GM responded to them; GM was Dural Tharal, and he spoke to Nanami and Johny, who were the only people fluent in french. Translation and transcript provided by Nanami Takanaru, of Besaid]

(I arrived late, this is where it starts for me.)
    Dural Tharal: Huh...Baby? I might be small but i'm much huskier than a baby... But that's not the question. Imperial soldiers, you say?
    Dural Tharal: Hmm... People are assembling around me, but none of them seem quite talkative..
    Dural Tharal: Your silence seems to indicate that you might not know more.. But perhaps i'm wrong.
    Nanami Takanaru: Know of what? I heard word of Imperial soldiers..
    Johnny Bravo: Aw, i'm sorry pretty dame.. Those Garleans are really mean!
    Nanami Takanaru: Pretty dame... Hmmm, i'm not a dame, you know.
    Johnny Bravo: REALLY!?
    Dural Tharal: I had understood that our territory had been invaded by the Empire. Perhaps someone knows more?
    Johnny Bravo: Yes, the Empire invaded Thanalan!
    Nanami Takanaru: It's hard to say with people of your race, but that's not the subject.. Yes, i saw and heard of the invasion of the Empire, but it seems like it's just a pre-invasion..
    Dural Tharal: Wow, that sounds like something serious!
    Dural Tharal: Do you know where those soldiers were seen?
    Johnny Bravo: You think Eorzea will be secure?
    Trollface (Tai Chhe): Cheese Omlette
    Dural Tharal: Thanks for your omelette, but i'm looking for a scoop, something juicy.
    Dural Tharal: Hard to talk of security when we're talking about the Garlean Empire in Eorzea..
    Nanami Takanaru: I know that they were in Thanalan.. At camp Horizon.. And i heard word that they were around Gridania..
    Dural Tharal: But tell me, have you seen these soldiers in person?
    Johnny Bravo: I agree with that one.
    Dural Tharal: At camp Horizon?! But... That's just right next to here! This is a bad omen..
    Nanami Takanaru: Yes, those at Thanalan.. Those were just infantry, makes me think it was just a pre-invasion..
    Johnny Bravo: Yes, i saw some soldiers outside the camp near Horizon.
    Dural Tharal: Do you know why they were there? Did they launch an assault on one of our camps?
    Nanami Takanaru: I don't know if it was an assault on the camps.. Or if they were simply scouts..
    Dural Tharal: If you think that it's but a prelude to an operation of larger span, do you have any idea of their intentions?
    Johnny Bravo: They tried but the adventurers managed to fend the Garleans off!
    Nanami Takanaru: They were probably simply scouts.. To see if we had the power to combat them..
    Dural Tharal: It's joyous to know that the adventurers of Eorzea are on the lookout when we need to protect our lands.
    Dural Tharal: But tell me.. These soldiers were defeated near camp Horizon, correct?
    Nanami Takanaru: Yes, very near, north of the camp..
    Johnny Bravo: With these adventurers on our side, there's nothing we can't handle!
    Dural Tharal: And... You think they could have left spoils behind them? Or some proof that could help me write the scoop of the year?
    Nanami Takanaru: Spoils..? I don't think so.. There are alot of things that people say are the Empire's fault.. Like the deaspected crystals.. But i think it's simply a rumor..
    Dural Tharal: (I wonder if there remains some valuable objects that these adventurers might not have seen on the ground..)
    Dural Tharal: ...Oh, sorry. I had lost myself in my thoughts..
    Dural THaral: The Garlean Empire are then preparing a plan..
    Grendel Boniaba: What is your name?
    Dural Tharal: That's dangerous.. Very dangerous.. Perfect for a Lalafell as robuste as I..
    Dural Tharal: I am Dural Tharal, journalist renowned by The Mithril Eye.
    Dural Tharal: I'm searching for information concerning the rumors, and interesting facts that you could have heard during these recent times.
    Johnny Bravo: Johnny can help you!
    Nanami Takanaru: It's impossible for this "Invasion" like people call it, be the real Garlean force.. But what will they do after this pre-invasion..?
    Dural Tharal: Johnny already gave me some good information that would even merit a reward.
    Dural Tharal: You aswell, young Miqo'te! You seem to be quite informed of the facts happening in Eorzea.
    Nanami Takanaru: Everyone talks about it, but only few people will look for it.
    Dural Tharal: And you, tall warrior, have you heard of the Empire attacking our camps?
    Dural Tharal: This silence seems to say you don't have much info on this subject..
    Dural Tharal: And other than these worrying facts concerning the Empire and it's hostile actions, do you have any other rumors to share?
    Grendel Boniaba (trolling): All i know, is that the Empire should be established, cause i have an army of hunger and sexually transmitted diseases at my disposition.
    Dural Tharal: Say, there's alot of people who seem intrigued by my presence.. But certainly, only few between them seem to want to share their knowledge.
    Dural Tharal: You have an army, really?
    Nanami Takanaru: Hm.. I heard rumors of a Garlean ship in the area near Gridania, and the presence of the Empire at.. Toto-rak.. And Dzemael.. In Coerthas..
    Dural Tharal: Oh, i also heard of this fortress under assault. This seems to show that the Empire certainly have something planned.
    Dural Tharal: Could you tell me more about this ship from the Empire?
    Grendel Boniaba: It's huge! Bigger than my mother!
    Nanami Takanaru: It wasn't one of their bigger ships.. That would be too easy to see.. But i don't know much about the subject of Garlean vehicles..
    Dural Tharal: Well, if it's a ship, it's obviously bigger than your mother.
    Dural Tharal: And you say you saw this ship near Gridania?
    Grendel Boniaba: I love you, Dural Tharal
    Johnny Bravo: Do you think the Empire have formations of rare monsters? Behemoths?
    Dural Tharal: Everyone loves a Lalafell as well kept as I, However, if you have some information concerning the rumors in Eorzea, i will take it.
    Johnny Bravo: I heard the Empire were controlling Monsters!
    Dural Tharal: The Empire controling and using rare monsters? Have you heard talk of such things?
    Johnny Bravo: I don't know.. They're just rumors.
    Dural Tharal: In any case, the empire of Garlemald seems to be at the heart of all subjects!
    Dural Tharal: An attack from the Garleans would make an amazing subject in my paper.
    Nanami Takanaru: Ah yes.. I also heard rumors that the Garleans want to take control of the Kobold, Ixal and Amal'jaa camps..
    Johnny Bravo: The adventurers will keep Eorzea in security if the Garleans ever get angry.
    Johnny Bravo: What happens if i rejoin Garlemald?
    Dural Tharal: Mhmm.. Let's be careful all the same with the Empire. I am the first to want them to get out of here, but are we in shape to fight against them?
    Dural Tharal: However, why would the Empire visit Kobold camps or other creatures?
    Nanami Takanaru: I think we can defeat them if Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah and Gridania fight the Garleans together.
    Johnny Bravo: I heard the Kobolds are just as smart as Garlemald with their machines.
    Dural Tharal: Let's keep being careful: Once the Empire is attacked, they will counterattack. In any case, i now have something to write an amazing article of thanks to you!
    Dural Tharal: Thanks alot to you both! I will now take my leave for this scoop won't write itself.
    Johnny Bravo: Takr care! I can't wait to read it!
    Dural Tharal: Thanks again to you adventurers! I see you aren't afraid of sharing your information and i'm quite delighted.
    Dural Tharal: See you soon! And stay on the lookout to give me more information at my next passing!
    Dural Tharal: Oh dear, i didn't see the time pass! It really is the time for me to leave you all!
    (25)
    Pooka Pucel - Sanctus Refero - Besaid - http://www.sanctusrefero.com/

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Lilieu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 88
    Thats pretty cool, i've never seen a GM before.
    (0)

Player

i think this is absolutely awesome that the GMs are doing this. i hope seriously hope it continues because this is the only MMO that ive seen GMs interract in such a way.

its too bad not many join in on it, i would have been all over it.
    (5)
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player

(9)
    Last edited by Grendel; 09-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.

http://doomvoid.guildportal.com

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    burn on gren!
    (2)
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player
    Character
    Fayette Purrcy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    Wow that is great ^^ I'm enjoying GM's taking active role in the storyline and interacting with the players. I hope we get to see this on Wutai as well ^^ Thanks for the heads up Pooka and great picture Grendel, thanks!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Coyote Siegmund
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Although it's true that they're technically GMs, these characters who have been popping up (Legatus Darnus, and now Dural Tharal) are actually storyline NPCs being controlled by humans so that they can interact with players. Neither Darnus nor Dural Tharal use the model of a "real" GM. And rather than assist players who are stuck in the geometry/address various other issues, these GMs' role is purely storyline-related. So in case anyone was wondering these aren't just your everyday GMs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rynithon Fayne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    I seem to always miss these events.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    I love the person playing Johnny Bravo! Awesome
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Wow that's great. Dunno if it was my old topic or it was already in development but i love they put this kind of npc interaction in game (hope for special monsters in the future too).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    I'd love to witness and interact with encounters like these. Unfortunately i haven't seen a single one of them... (T_T )
    (2)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast