Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Grand Company Rewards. Will all GCs have rewards for all classes?

Currently the three different Grand Companies have rewards as far as weapons and some armor directed only at certain classes. The problem is the weapons in each don't make sense currently unless SE plans to make it where each Grand Company will have all gear types available to purchase with seals but have their own special designs and different stats.

So this is a question to SE of how is this going to be handled? Will all Grand Companies have access to all types of gear or will it be only certain types of weapons and armors per Grand Company? I chose from the start of the game that I wanted to be a part of Limsa Lominsa but me being an Archer will I not be able to buy special weapons for my class or upcoming job because I am not allied to Uldahs Grand Company? This is going to be a big deal for a lot of players since there would be no point in choosing to go with LL if I cannot get the rewards for my class.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Zavier Mhigo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    For someone who wants to know this info also, I just don't think the devs want to answer it :/
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Another premature idea
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Even if each company didn't have rewards for every class, it's not a huge deal. The gear is nice sure, but usually trumped by HQ (and in the future +materia) crafted gear. Personally, I'm just joining the company I like most.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Red Moon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    Even if each company didn't have rewards for every class, it's not a huge deal. The gear is nice sure, but usually trumped by HQ (and in the future +materia) crafted gear. Personally, I'm just joining the company I like most.
    Second that.
    All Hail Ul'dah!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    In FFXI there was always an option to buy gear from other nations at a markup. I expect that will eventually be the case for the Grand Companies as well. Of course FFXIV doesn't have a very good record of meeting my expectations so far.
    (11)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    They need to atleast give us an idea before patch releases on how this will be handled. I understand what you say about some of the gear but later on that may not be the case. I am sure they will have some pieces of gear that will be better or equal to materia socketed gear. (Not Forbidden socket gear though, I expect it to the best.) Also they will probably down the road allow you to put materia into rare/ex gear.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Teknoman Blade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by zaviermhigo View Post
    For someone who wants to know this info also, I just don't think the devs want to answer it :/
    Dont all the companies have general things at the moment anyway? Doesnt the Hall of Flames sell some sort of arrows?
    (0)

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

http://neogaf.guildwork.com//

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Currently each guild sells specific weapon and armor types. You can find the rank 50 sword in Ul'dah but not Limsa or Gridania.

It doesn't really matter right now since you can buy things from all three GCs, but come 1.19 when you dedicate yourself to one, your other GC seals become frozen.
    (2)

Player
    Hoping they will bless us with a Dev response on this and not make us wait til the 30th to find out.
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast