Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Dragoon View Post
    You should read the JP translation thread, where it talks about "Free Company." Which sounds like people will be able to obtain items from any company through it.
    oh ok, so it was more of a
    "Please dont worry about it because we arent going to emphasize much importance on the concept in the first place so you all dont expect too much other than cut scenes."
    (0)
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    There isn't much difference on which country you enlist in, just varies in how the event is viewed (cut scene)
    - To avoid one country getting too much enlistment, making it so depending on number of enlistee the company bonus changing.
    - It doesn't mean you can't switch (grand company) later on, later we are looking to adding "Free Company" where you can join optionally
    This does not make me feel better. It Basically says that the actual content will all be the same, the stories will be mediocre shadows of one another and on the off chance they decide to let us switch there will be nothing new to experience..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    To use Gridania's Twin Adder GC as an example:

It is plausible in the "lore" of the game that since Grid has the Archers Guild, The Twin Adder would have no shortage of Archers available (NPC's that is) so they would not need to recruit Archers. Twin Adder would need Pugs, Glads and Thms and so would offer "enticing rewards" to draw them in.

Uldah on the other hand needs Archers, Lancers and Cons so they offer special gear to entice those jobs.

I agree it doesn't make much sense for us but perhaps Yoshi just wants to encourage peeps to leave their Home-Guild City. I know I don't want to see just 3 jobs per city running around all the time but it doesn't matter to me. Uldah is my starting city but I travel to Grid for my Archer's Guild. I like traveling.

I haven't decided yet which Company I will join but likely will be Uldah...for the Archer Gear but also because Limsa can fall into the ocean and Grid can burn as far as I'm concerned ( the Archers Guild is lame anyway).
    (1)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    I appreciate your patience (?) while we worked to get a response on this issue for everyone!

A lot of people were worried about this, so Triary spoke with Yoshida regarding this issue.

We plan to continuously make adjustments as needed based on your feedback on purchasable items within the GC. Therefore, please don't worry about what city-state has what guild or which items can or cannot be traded, and simply join the Grand Company which appeals to you the most after you hear their speeches in 1.19!

Also here's a good place to address the ability to earn more seals...

Yep, players will be able to obtain company seals in Grand Company leves that will be implemented in 1.19.
    How do you now expect people to worry? This is a big choice and if someone's favorite class/job cannot get weapons it should be well know before the choice is made. Give an actual answer please.

For me it doesn't matter, I was pledging to Maelstrom no matter what byt others, this is an important choice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vydarr Tyr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abauge_Goga View Post
    On a side note, why did SE put the Ul'Dah Bow in Ul'Dah, when the ARC guild is in Gridania?
    Gridania has 3 DoW/M guilds: Conj, Lnc, and Arc.

Uldah has 3 DoW/M guilds: Thm, Glad, and Pug.

LL has 1 DoW/M guild: Marauder. And according to FFXIV Pads, Marauder is the least leveled DoW/M class in the game.

So if the rewards were given solely for the cities where the guilds are located, the rewards for LL's Grand Company would be relatively paltry. Instead, they're trying to balance the rewards among the three cities, in order to encourage players to join all 3 Grand Companies. That involves some shuffling to keep the rewards relatively even.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by VydarrTyr View Post
    Gridania has 3 DoW/M guilds: Conj, Lnc, and Arc.

Uldah has 3 DoW/M guilds: Thm, Glad, and Pug.

LL has 1 DoW/M guild: Marauder. And according to FFXIV Pads, Marauder is the least leveled DoW/M class in the game.

So if the rewards were given solely for the cities where the guilds are located, the rewards for LL's Grand Company would be relatively paltry. Instead, they're trying to balance the rewards among the three cities, in order to encourage players to join all 3 Grand Companies. That involves some shuffling to keep the rewards relatively even.
    LL actually has 3 since it also contains the Arcanist and Musketeers guild, but those just aren't accessible yet.

I can see where you're coming from though.

Player
    Character
    Ajax Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I don't understand the point of all this. Sounds like people just don't want to make a choice?

I mean the choice is between joining a company with the gear you want and not being able to join the company you want.
    And
    Joining the company you want and losing the gear you want.

Why is this such a hard decision...? If you care more about gear... get the gear. If you care more about the story... join the company you like the most.

Considering these weapons will likely be weak in comparison to the crafted HQ/Materia'd weapons... I don't understand why the gear is such a huge issue.

I'm personally joining Limsa Lominsa. I chose Limsa to start out with, and I love everything about it. And TBH, Ul'dah and Gridania are for losers.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vydarr Tyr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaran View Post
    Why is this such a hard decision...? If you care more about gear... get the gear. If you care more about the story... join the company you like the most.

Considering these weapons will likely be weak in comparison to the crafted HQ/Materia'd weapons... I don't understand why the gear is such a huge issue.
    This. So very, very this.

If anything, you should probably choose a Grand Company that doesn't offer gear for your main class. You'll want the best gear for your main class, which you can either buy from the Market Wards or get from a dungeon. Why would you want to buy inferior Grand Company gear for your main class?

It makes more sense to get Grand Company gear for classes that you're not going to play regularly. Get some other classes to 50, and buy Grand Company gear for those classes.
    I'm personally joining Limsa Lominsa. I chose Limsa to start out with, and I love everything about it. And TBH, Ul'dah and Gridania are for losers.
    You, sir, are wise. And probably good looking. Because all LLers look like either George Clooney or Kate Beckinsale.

Gridania is for hippies and weenies. Join Gridania if your plan to defeat the Empire involves holding hands around a campfire, singing Joan Baez songs, and having long discussions about your feelings.

Uldah is for money-grubbing dirt-eaters. Join Uldah if your battle plan involves looking for shiny rocks in the dirt, color coordinating everyone's Gucci purses, and open-mouth kissing your mom in the hopes that she'll raise your allowance.

LL has the only Grand Company that's ever actually won anything, and it's the only Grand Company that's actually got a plan to win the war.

If (when) you need me, I'll be hanging out with the elite skullcrushers in LL. And when the fighting starts, we'll consider maybe coming to save your butts. Again.
    (2)

Player

This reminds me of the of the "chicken of the sea" skit from SNL.

How about trying Chicken of the sea brand tuna- the only tuna with a mermaid of it....

or try Tuna of the Dirt brand chicken- the only chicken with the cowboy on it.....

or how about Uldah of Gladiators brand bows- the only bow with a pugilist on it....

For those that didn't see the skit click here
    (2)
    My Synthesis Guide:http://www.technomicon.com/GameTech/GameTech-5-21-11.html
    Synthesis Guide P2:http://www.technomicon.com/GameTech/GameTech-7-27-11.html

Player
    Character
    Vulgar Blaze
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Just wait a few hours after patch for the .dat mining to come in... Then you'll know what rewards are from where and make yer gaddamn decision.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast