Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Constellations lore

I noticed several constellations were added in the sky with Heavensward (green, red, etc).
    There is a book or something that describes those already in game?

In case it's missing, it would be nice devs would add a Stellar Map in the game (maybe in the library in Ishgard?), with constellations art/images and names (like that in FF11) so we can recognize them during the night.
    (2)

2. 07-03-2015 10:34 PM

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Munba View Post
    I noticed several constellations were added in the sky with Heavensward (green, red, etc).
    Believe it or not, those have been there since way back. I know there were constellations in 1.0, as well, but I can't recall if they were the same ones. I remember thinking that the red constellation looked suspiciously similar to the glyph on the ground when the Amalj'aa summoned Ifrit, but it's probably just a coincidence, based on what we know now. You'll learn about (some of) the constellations in the Astrologian storyline, and you can see them on the maps inside the Observatorium in Dragonhead as well as on the Star Globe furnishing for houses. It might be up to us to put all of those together, however.

Who leads the Astronomical Society of Eorzea these days, anyway?

Or was it Eorzean Astronomical Society?

Maybe now we'll have the Society of Eorzean Astronomers? Which one has the best acronym?
    (3)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Lux Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I just wish that after unlocking all our gates in the Astrologian story quest the constellations were visible in the sky as they appear in the cutscenes. Unless that happens post-50 in which case I'll be quiet.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fabian Wafflemeister
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    The constellations are visible but not with the images, and they aren't all visible at all times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I already posted on those here. With all their lore and gifs for each of the constellations.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vik Vicious
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Who leads the Astronomical Society of Eorzea these days, anyway?

Or was it Eorzean Astronomical Society?

Maybe now we'll have the Society of Eorzean Astronomers? Which one has the best acronym?
    Well, it was "The Astronomical Society of Eorzea".
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...iety-of-Eorzea

So... A.S.E.? Hmmm. T.A.S.E.? Yeah, I like T.A.S.E.

I'll talk to Myranda.

Now, as for the constellations themselves, I don't recall them always being colored like they are now. I know we used to have a red star here and a purple start over there, but now full constellations are colored, one for each element it would seem.

EDIT: Celestial Dragons... Celestial... Bahamut... Fire... Nidhogg... Lightning... Timat... Wind... Hmmm.
    (0)
    Last edited by treuhavik; 07-07-2015 at 03:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The whole night-time sky box was overhauled Heavensward. Even the moon looks different.

I wonder, aside from the most obvious change, was their any significant difference in how A Realm Reborn rendered the night sky vs. 1.xx?
    (0)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by treuhavik View Post
    Celestial... Bahamut... Fire... Nidhogg... Lightning... Timat... Wind... Hmmm.
    That almost makrs a scary amount of sence.

7 Dragons, 7 Constelations, 7 Eorzian Elements.

We know that the seventh Eorzian heaven is only achivable via physical death so the 7th and final element could be nullity as Oha-sok's name is the Elemental of Nullity.

The meaning of Nullity being "of no use/meaning" commonly used to describe Nutrality.
    So I perpose Hrasvelger=Wind, Nidhog=Fire, Ratatoskr=Thunder, Tiamat=Water, and Bahamut=Nullity.

The basis for the last three being Tiamat js ocationally the Arcfiend of Water, Lightning Crystals apear near where Ratatoskr was killed, and Bahamut being traditionally non elemental. Thus leaving only the Earth Dragon unacounted for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    That almost makrs a scary amount of sence.

7 Dragons, 7 Constelations, 7 Eorzian Elements.

We know that the seventh Eorzian heaven is only achivable via physical death so the 7th and final element could be nullity as Oha-sok's name is the Elemental of Nullity.

The meaning of Nullity being "of no use/meaning" commonly used to describe Nutrality.
    So I perpose Hrasvelger=Wind, Nidhog=Fire, Ratatoskr=Thunder, Tiamat=Water, and Bahamut=Nullity.

The basis for the last three being Tiamat js ocationally the Arcfiend of Water, Lightning Crystals apear near where Ratatoskr was killed, and Bahamut being traditionally non elemental. Thus leaving only the Earth Dragon unacounted for.
    6 constellations for the 6 elements. Sorry if that pokes a hole in the theory.
    (0)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WyrahFhurrst View Post
    6 constellations for the 6 elements. Sorry if that pokes a hole in the theory.
    There's a 7th unseen heavenly gate. A seventh unaspected element, and a total of 7 dragons. I dont think its out of line to think Hydaelyn is IN the 7th constelation thus making it inseen as well.

My theory has holes, true, but I'm not quite done with it yet. I assure you when I am I'll make a thread for it. At this moment though, I apreciate the premtive holes. It'll give me some additional things to thinm about before I post my theory.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast