Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lost Tales
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    lol at mudra lag, it's not actually lag... if you read the skill it has a .5 sec gcd between each mudra, spamy kids will lock themselves out, it's actually pretty funny people call it lag when it's not. I mess up my mudra Rarely hardly ever, so dont avoid ninja, avoid mch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luc Badru
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    SMN master race.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cole Evyx
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Can't you just make a Ninja mudra macro? Like if the stupid "mudra lag" is really bugging you...........

/ac chi
    /wait 0.5
    /ac chi
    /wait 0.5
    /ac chi
    /ac mudra

(????? I just typed this idk if it works in game or what it does)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think NIN and DRG are the most fun. SMN is also a nice choice on the casting side of things. It's one of those classes where you can DoT everything up and kind of just watch everything die at once. That's fun.

MNK and BLM just feel less fun to play since you're focusing on your own timers / where you're standing about as much as what the boss is doing. Maybe after MCH and BRD are fixed they'll be more fun to play, but caster stance and lower DPS aren't fun things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naesala L'arachel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventica6 View Post
    lol at mudra lag, it's not actually lag... if you read the skill it has a .5 sec gcd between each mudra, spamy kids will lock themselves out, it's actually pretty funny people call it lag when it's not. I mess up my mudra Rarely hardly ever, so dont avoid ninja, avoid mch.
    Uhm, unless you have glass fiber, you will notice a difference in how fast you can chain 3 mudras in a solo quest instance compared to an S rank with a hundred people around you. It's no excuse to mess up the combo but it does make it clip into your next GCD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viviza Viza
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventica6 View Post
    If your latency doesn't neatly and reliably fit into those 0.5 second windows, the system becomes slow and unpredictable. Personally, I can't play ninja seriously because the mudra timing is essentially random and I can't avoid wasting time clipping into my other skills. It only feels fluid during off-peak hours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ricdeau Cyton
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAegis View Post
    Can't you just make a Ninja mudra macro? Like if the stupid "mudra lag" is really bugging you...........

/ac chi
    /wait 0.5
    /ac chi
    /wait 0.5
    /ac chi
    /ac mudra

(????? I just typed this idk if it works in game or what it does)
    The /wait command only works with whole seconds so it will round up to the next whole number making a Mudra macro very inefficient over the length of a fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reading Rainbow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Well I just tried rogue, Got it to level 19. It definitely is fun and fast. Even at low levels. It definitely feels nice to Goad Warriors and other DPS Classes as well. Especially knowing how much freedom It gives them the story quest is fun too.

I'm going to try the Pugilist soon. I Just wish I Could "Erase" my levels gained on it so I could play it from level 1. I forgot what the story was about. Except maybe that I had to go around and punch dummies. :3
    (0)
    Anyway, all of the elitism is unwarranted. It isn't as if everyone here is PVPing to compete for openworld Raid bosses or anything like that. Heck, most of us don't even pvp.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/6305634/

Player
    Character
    Freyr Vanir
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Stick with Nin. It's complex without being punitive, especially with the addition of Armor Crush post-50.

Dragoon is equally as complex as Nin at 60, but really suffers during disconnects from the boss. As an i180 DRG with my Hive Weapon I've come to almost loath the class despite the kind of dps it can pump out (Best in the game in the right hands).

Monk is probably the simplest of the 3 despite it's numerous positional requirements. At first they seem quite daunting but ultimately it boils down to Flank-Flank-Back, Back-Back-Flank while watching your Demolish/Touch of Death DoT and maintaining Greased Lightning. Post 50 you'll need to manage Chakra during your downtime, and get familiar with breaks in a fight so you can maximize Tornado Kick. Monk can be pretty frustrating at times as well since most scripted fights will make you drop Greased Lightning stacks and tank your dps for a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alvis Yune
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Monk is my favourite. The rotation isn't a long pre-memorized string (which I hate doing), and it involves a lot more fluidity and little optimizations. I also enjoyed Bard quite a bit for its fluidity and reactivity.

That said though, the most 'fun' is entirely dependant on your style.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast