Character
    Zeth Hiryu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

Large-scale Levequests Do Not Scale Nearly Enough

Right now the gathering levequests I have available at Lv.52 give:

Lv.52 Large-scale = 100,800 xp for 10 Leves = 10,080 per leve used.

VS.

Lv.52 Individual = 67,200 xp for 1 Leve = ....67,200 per leve used.

Now the argument I seem to hear is that large-scale leves are for people who don't have the time to do 10 individual ones. And yet using just TWO single leves would give me 134,400 xp which is 33,600xp more than using 10 leves.....

I haven't even done a large-scale leve because it is completely not worth it, but from what I hear they also take longer than single leves. I don't know how much longer but lets say longer than 1 but less than 2. I find it very hard to imagine someone not having the time to do 2 single leves vs. 1 large-scale when the xp difference and leve amount difference is so far off.

Doing all 10 individual leves would be 672,000 xp, which is WAYYYYY more xp than the large-scale. In my opinion the large-scale levequest should give something more along the lines of 400k-500k. To get that value individually you would need to do about 6 individual leves, which would take longer but save leves or you would use up all 10 leves and get more value anyway. And in this case doing that large-scale would save a lot of time and give a more reasonable amount of reward per leve.

For the people who don't have time to use up their leves and think it's better to do the large-scale anyway, you are wasting them by doing the large-scales just as much as if you weren't using them at all since you don't have the time to do them anyway. You might as well just spend the little bit of extra time and just do 2 individual ones anyway.

Unfortunately now that I bring this up, SE will probably do the opposite and scale back individual leves.....
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lil'bit Gnawdy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    That's cause large scale leves are for cash not xp. 7k gil is a pretty nice reward for 10 minutes of work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kinetic Prose
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    The tradecraft leves make less sense. I have two asking for the same items, a single item for the traditional leve and three items for the Large Scale one, but the Large Scale leve's reward is only double the traditional one. You're basically throwing away one item and all your extra leve allowances.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Leinas Kroma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    I noticed it too and up to me need a fix.
    Up to now I'm using them only for 50-51-52 levels, after I avoid them :/

When they implemented a large scale levequest I tought my invitation was fulfilled, but it was not XD
    They implemented a little harder/longer version of normal levequest that gime more reward and cost more allowances.

I hoped for "party" levequest or levequest with high requirement of gear (forl lvl60+) that instead of exp earn more other useful rewards, like gils, items...
    More or less like timeworn maps do.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ter'vin Valash
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakes View Post
    The tradecraft leves make less sense. I have two asking for the same items, a single item for the traditional leve and three items for the Large Scale one, but the Large Scale leve's reward is only double the traditional one. You're basically throwing away one item and all your extra leve allowances.
    Lol! I never even noticed that. That's terrible. XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    The numbers seem off but I found it to be more of a 3-1 exp ratio. 67k seems too awesome for a level 52 leve.

But yes Large Scale leves do not make sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Murah Jhida
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    For battle leves I usually get about 5 regular leves' worth out of one large-scale leve. I can barely justify these on a short night when I'm near cap.

The gathering and crafting ones are abominable no matter what.
    (0)
    video games are bad

Player
    Character
    Adonis Orion
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Maybe its just a way to make all players not have near the maximum leve allowance at 100. seems legit right lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orson Dara
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The fact that the fieldcraft ones don't give gear is criminal. The crafted gear market for gathering gear on my server is brutal atm. Everyone just seems to be crafting the gear desynthing and only selling HQ at a huge mark up. I'm some what ok with the exp (should be a bit higher) but 7k gil is a joke. At least the battlecraft ones are somewhat worth it with the gear drops but still at least you should get a piece that fits your job.

The biggest disappointment though was that Temple leves are just leves that give more rewards. It's stupid at least make some epic fights or group style content. Like many things where they had an opportunity to try something new in this expansion SE decided to take the super safe route. SE really needs to feel free to shake things up for the expansion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orson_Dara; 07-14-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ibi Risasi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    The Tradecraft large scale leve quests are even worse than the Fieldcraft ones. Compare the following two leve quests:

Like Lemon on a Lumbercut (L): Carpenter, Lv. 54
    Costs: 10 leve allowances
    Requires: 5 dark chestnut lumber
    Rewards: 78624 EXP, 994 Gil, potential crystal rewards (mine currently shows 24 wind crystals)

Walking on Pins and Needles: Carpenter, Lv. 54
    Costs: 1 leve allowance
    Requires: 5 dark chestnut lumber
    Rewards: 78624 EXP, 794 Gil, potential crystal rewards (mine currently shows 12 ice crystals)

Given that the turn-in requirement and EXP reward are identical, that means you're spending 9 extra leve allowances to gain 200 gil and 12 crystals.
    (6)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast