Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Stygia Ashenscale
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamirah View Post
    I killed bismarck ex with a DF group. We kept people who fucked up hard for a long time. We replaced the ones that really did not say anything/listen. It's possible (i had to write during the fights to tell people what to do during the differents weather effects tho.)

Also I don't agree at all Hypie. You say I'm a minority but that's false. I think the major problem are the people who are bad and don't want to change anything about the way they're playing and are too lazy to actually try harder. I've played an aweful lot of MMORPGs with dpsmeter. I've seen a lot of really bad dps. The amount of times I saw someone getting kicked instantly because his dps was too low must be around 1%. Most of the time, what I see is the following : the bad player takes offense instantly and insult/blame the others and ragequit.
    maybe i just have too deep scars from my wow time (vanilla player and saw the social downfall with parsers like recount).
    (0)
    Last edited by Hypie; 07-03-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aku Ryu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    My understanding is Yoshi-P has said of parsers, that if you use them, just don't talk about them in game. Don't smear the results in people's faces.

So if one were to hypothetically use a parser...
    And they hypothetically spot a problem DPS who is holding the group back from progressing...
    One could say something like "hey *dudesname*, we are going to regroup. Thanks for joining."
    And then let the guy go.

Nothing reportable. No hurt feelings. No problem.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kokotsu Kotsu
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Why don't create a static? I think most of hardcore player have more than 1 lvl 60 job now, you can ask them to switch to all melee DPS. I saw lot of my friends doing that. With static their can do more faster, better understanding and less stress. I cant say DF only for casual player but most of casual players use that tool including myself, with this Bard that now are totally less needed in party.
    (1)

4. 07-03-2015 12:16 PM

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
    ...like a bard ballading on a boss in the past for no reason...
    This always bugs me when it happens, and it has happened a few times out of the blue. A White Mage will pipe up, "Oh, Bard, I don't need Ballad." and then spam it when I don't stop. Completely ignoring the rest of the party, like say the other Bard that popped Foe's for the Black Mages in the party. I've had uppity White Mages like this in Crystal Tower and Coil. Before getting after a Bard about using a song, might want to check the party make-up to see if they actually do have a reason that isn't you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lillia Hope
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    This always bugs me when it happens, and it has happened a few times out of the blue. A White Mage will pipe up, "Oh, Bard, I don't need Ballad." and then spam it when I don't stop. Completely ignoring the rest of the party, like say the other Bard that popped Foe's for the Black Mages in the party. I've had uppity White Mages like this in Crystal Tower and Coil. Before getting after a Bard about using a song, might want to check the party make-up to see if they actually do have a reason that isn't you.
    Yep I do too but I also have situations where a bard won't sing the song when needed though! but I decided on the better route of this.... Not reply, thus my reply is gone. xD
    (0)
    Last edited by Lillia; 07-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shamirah Zullya
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuryu View Post
    My understanding is Yoshi-P has said of parsers, that if you use them, just don't talk about them in game. Don't smear the results in people's faces.

So if one were to hypothetically use a parser...
    And they hypothetically spot a problem DPS who is holding the group back from progressing...
    One could say something like "hey *dudesname*, we are going to regroup. Thanks for joining."
    And then let the guy go.

Nothing reportable. No hurt feelings. No problem.
    Well there is a problem tho : by not telling the guy that he's doing something bad he can't be better => he'll get in another group with less "nice" people.

This whole rule about parser is beyond stupid. If people can't take a freaking critic in a VIDEOGAME... they really have bigger problems than a low dps/hps/bad tanking...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamirah View Post
    Well there is a problem tho : by not telling the guy that he's doing something bad he can't be better => he'll get in another group with less "nice" people.

This whole rule about parser is beyond stupid. If people can't take a freaking critic in a VIDEOGAME... they really have bigger problems than a low dps/hps/bad tanking...
    Spoken like a true elitist. Can't let things go without being rude, rubbing the 'offending' person's face in the dirt. I can't help but wonder if this ever crossed a mind, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Miya Carbuncle
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Spoken like a true elitist. Can't let things go without being rude, rubbing the 'offending' person's face in the dirt. I can't help but wonder if this ever crossed a mind, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."
    Seriously? So someone can't let someone else know that they're DPS is low and should be improved?

I agree with Shamirah, especially when we have heavy DPS check fights. That's not an elitist attitude.
    (7)

Character
    V'aleera Lhuil
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 79
    If people want to use parsers as a tool of self-improvement more power to them. But don't get upset when it's pointed out that if you choose to use that tool to harass other players it will end badly for you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shamirah Zullya
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 59
    Wait what ? So, this whole "elitist" insult is childish at best. But let's say I'll play this childish game : where was I rude ? What's rude about telling someone that "your dps is rather low for your gear/for your job/for the dps check, just letting you know. Maybe we could help you improve it ? Is there something you don't understand or need help with" ? Just tell me what's rude about that. Yeah, right.. nothing.

The only rude person in here is you with your stupid reply and the person who get all mad and childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Intaki View Post
    If people want to use parsers as a tool of self-improvement more power to them. But don't get upset when it's pointed out that if you choose to use that tool to harass other players it will end badly for you.
    When did we say we wanted to harass people ? Since when telling someone that they need to improve is harassing ? In which world do you live in ?

Do you guys filed a complaint when your teacher did not give you an A+ ? I mean he was clearly harassing you !
    (4)
    Last edited by Shamirah; 07-03-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast