Character
    Hulvein Wyrmblood
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiUshu View Post

stuff
    Just going to say, please do not consider this opinion as an accurate representation of how all FCs operate.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Sensei
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 63
    Holy cow. I'm beginning to think I'm playing a totally different game than the rest of you. I started my FC way back at 2.0 launch and we've grown to 108 members now. We get along great and hold events often. We're very social, sometimes I actually have to turn chat off just to focus, lol. We banded together to build an airship on day 1 of early access. We gear up together. Raid together. Have fun together.

Even on DF, yes, it can be silent. But effort has to be made to break the silence. Crack a joke, do goofy emotes, etc. Break the ice! Socialization isn't all about waiting for someone to communicate to you. And if the initial icebreaker fails, try another!

But, i will agree on one point. This community has become one focused heavily on speed. Players are so busy rushing to 60, rushing to clear, rushing to make gil, rushing to get moar moar MOAR. In this frantic rush, cooperation is lost and competition rises. Players get a sense of entitlement, rather than accomplishment. It's rare to see others helping new players rather than bashing them for not being on their level. i see new players, especially tanks, fail constantly because veterans would rather rush through content their way and expect new players to "get gud pls", rather than trying to teach them how to get good.

All in all, it's mixed community. But if you find your FC/Ls isn't to your likings, go find another! Don't join an FC just because it's the biggest or most prestigious. Join one because it's fun! This is a game, not a job. Enjoy it. ^_^
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lord Capone
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Since he stated he found a good FC he can always try what me and my FC mates do. We Mumble chat even if we are doing solo content. This way we are still BSing with each other even if we aren't actually raiding together. It makes a huge difference.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiki Lockhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Most of them are chatting in voice chat that's why. In my FC we are mostly chatting in mumble and many times in FC chat too.
    (1)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear76 View Post
    OOGLY BOOGLY WOOGLY!
    I noticed this as well. Even when I was running the new dungeons for the first time during early access, tanks were still trying to to huge pulls for speed runs. I really do not understand the need to rush everything, the need to get the best gear ASAP knowing full well the next patch will outdate them anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dadara Cidra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear76 View Post
    Snip
    Absolutely agree with all of that. My FC barely has a focus, bar being social, chatting, and enjoying ourselves. We're quite aimless, but that's a good thing. It means everyone does their own thing, but when someone needs something, they have a player base to rely on.
    We help each other level classes, explain stuff to newer players, show off to each other, joke around, discuss stuff that interests us or bothers us, and generally just have a good time.

I have noticed the focus on speed as well. The sheer amount of EXP needed to reach 60 from 50 should have meant people would take weeks, if not months to reach it.
    I have no doubt there were day 1 Max levelers. A lot of the regulars in my FC weren't quite that bad, but definitely rushed to the end. To be fair, that's partially because that's where a lot of FFXIV's content is. I always felt that the game really started at 50. Maybe that's an issue with pacing, I don't know.

But I completely disagree with the concept that we are only friends with people who we want something from. Well, it's partially true: We want their COMPANY.
    (0)
    Last edited by codofwisdom; 07-03-2015 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Take that, 1,000 character limit!

Player
    Character
    Edwyn Fletcher
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    I noticed this as well. Even when I was running the new dungeons for the first time during early access, tanks were still trying to to huge pulls for speed runs. I really do not understand the need to rush everything, the need to get the best gear ASAP knowing full well the next patch will outdate them anyway.
    Skritt.........
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delmania Shadowstar
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    This is a result of instanced dungeons and queues; having played a pre WoW MMO (DAoC), I definitely prefer this setup, but I do agree it can be isolating. I'd recommend a static and a more social FC. In addition, you can build up that server community, but it does take work.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3