Player
    Character
    Lionheart Sephy
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

heavensward broke my ps4

So was looking forward to this expansion as played ff14 for few years and it made my fan go crazy and now my ps4 sounds like a harrier jumpjet and sent my ps4 back to Sony and even they said the problem is the game overheating the system and drying out the thermal paste never had this till the expansion so I have wasted 40 pounds hope square enix sort this problem out
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nibane Lyesmith
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    HW broke my Tesla... I contacted Tesla directly and they confirmed it's the fault of the game "being too sweet". Hoping SE is ready to cut me a check....
    (14)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    You expect Square Enix to fix your PS4 overheating problems?
    ... previously seen on "Things that will never happen."
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Luna Hoshino
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    ... and I have multiple friends who are playing it on the PS4 with no issues. Sounds like you ended up with a defective PS4.
    (9)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Sounds like your PS4 was on the verge of dying sooner or later if thermal paste was an issue.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    PS4 is the problem, it should have safeguards to prevent overheating (ie it should have a thermal cutoff in the cpu and gpu to shut the system down before damage can occur.

The thing with consoles is that studios have to get a licence for each game they release on each console (hence the price difference between PC and console) If Heavensward was causing damage to systems Sony would not give them a licence for it as it makes Sony look bad as well.

Now here's the thing Sony might not have to do anything to help, that is if the fault isn't inherent (Ie a manufacturing defect) They are just trying to get out of a repair or replacement. You should be telling Sony something like "So what you are saying is that your product has no overheat protections or failsafes? If it did before any damage like thermal paste drying would never occur." They would either have to reply no we don't or they won't have a leg to stand on as a none functional overheat protection is a manufacturing defect, yet if they say it's the game they don't have to do anything.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Are you wrapping your ps4 in a blanket before playing? Sheesh, mine never gets that hot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kaedrian Kaeng
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    OP is full of garbage, when you send electronics back to their parent company. Big companies like Sony always give you a new one and they keep the broken unit for R&D purposes to improving future versions of the console, or next generation console. Unless of course they no longer manufacture the broken product.

Most likely OP took it to a 3rd party repair shop, and theyre blowing smoke.

Also OP first post is a rant. /corporate sabotage/
    (2)
    Last edited by KaedrianLiang; 07-02-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Olwen Mercier
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Hmm... my ps4 does get quite loud when running ffxiv. Also notice sharper frame drops in the game after about 30 minutes.

I think it's a mix of game optimization and actual hardware. The game isn't running DirectX on PS4 like it is on PC, pretty sure it's running OpenGL or possibly another graphics API designed for the PS3 and 4 versions. Or maybe it's like the mac version and using middleware to translate DirectX into a format the PS4 can read. While the PS4 has an x86 processor, it likely doesnt natively run DirectX to avoid paying royalties to Microsoft or something of that sort.

Any way you look at it though it could very well be a combination of both. If the hardware doesn't have proper cooling it's prone to failure, at the same time the software causes the heat issues because of various factors that could likely be optimized to both reduce strain on the system and increase performance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by annoyedff14fan View Post
    So was looking forward to this expansion as played ff14 for few years and it made my fan go crazy and now my ps4 sounds like a harrier jumpjet and sent my ps4 back to Sony and even they said the problem is the game overheating the system and drying out the thermal paste never had this till the expansion so I have wasted 40 pounds hope square enix sort this problem out
    FF14 can only do what Sony allow so it's down to Sony. Your PS4 is either faulty, has too much dust or wasn't designed to be run at full capacity.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast