Player
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Cross "Data Center" Grouping?

Why can't we group with players from other servers on the same Datacenter to do dungeons, raids and duty finder with them?

We can already do it randomly with Duty Finder, why not manually? I have friends from other servers. I would love to play with them whilst staying on my own server.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think it was like that at launch and the instance servers were constantly crapping out.

It would be nice though, I also have friends who decided to play on a different data center.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Would be nice, I have some cross server friends too. I'm quite sure Fawkes has it right though, the servers just couldn't juggle that many players and queues for players was quite fast but the reservation of instances was terribly slow lol.

Tiny bit of a tangent but I thought the commendations should come with mog mail, so we get mail without a return sender (also, NPC should do this as a form of communication >.>). Need a bit of a mognet mini quest trying to figure out where all the mysterious mail is coming from . Then a bit of my love of Souls games speak and I say the quest unlocks a sigil that lets you call those to help you with tasks, like leve quests (SunBros... anyone?). Loved the silent community effect of those games, enforcer, comrades, temporal connections often ending in death lol, get a message rated and you get a health bonus. I feel like this could fit within an MMO (some at least), particularly a FF game that I suppose likes to use cross realm ideas to explain lore. Maybe you sometimes come across pyreflyes you can interact with to send a good will bonus to someone else (like receiving a raise, occasionally, in the open world).. /awkward tangent.

But yes, I miss some of my off to EU server friends. Were you go mates :*(
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 07-01-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I think it was like that at launch and the instance servers were constantly crapping out.

It would be nice though, I also have friends who decided to play on a different data center.
    You're misreading what he said...

Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    Why can't we group with players from other servers on the same Datacenter to do dungeons, raids and duty finder with them?

We can already do it randomly with Duty Finder, why not manually? I have friends from other servers. I would love to play with them whilst staying on my own server.
    eg, the OP wants to form parties manually, eg like the Party Finder, across servers, for doing the instanced based dungeon/raid/trials.

It's probably within the capability to do so, but you'd need a way to either "Friend" someone during the DF PUG's or a cross-server messenger (don't give RMT any ideas)

Or maybe just creating the friend list through the lodestone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gunspec Daggerforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    At the very least, I've always thought the game should do like World of Warcraft did when its cross-ream duty finder was first created years ago. In that game, when you are in a cross realm duty group, you can queue for a new dungeon without leaving the first one. So, if you are farming tomes or level grinding and you meet a really nice tank, healer, or dps who is doing the same, you can re-queue for another dungeon with that person. I've had leveling parties in WoW where myself and 4 strangers gained 20-30 levels by clearing dungeon after dungeon, progressing through harder content while constantly upgrading ourselves and our party.

I remember my first awesome dungeon group in FFXIV was sad because of the sense of one-and-done about the whole duty finder system here.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kokotsu Kotsu
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    What more awesome if we can add them as a friends and can chat with them.
    If one of us need help we can form a party and jump into DF.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I think it was like that at launch and the inst
    ance servers were constantly crapping out.

You're misreading what he said...
    Nonetheless, it's really sad that was just disabled and forgotten. Fixing it would solve a lot of the wait time issues but that aside it's just fundamentally sad when an MMO doesn't bother to pursue an avenue better enables the whole 'meet new people from all over the world' dream. Lord knows v2.0's already undermined that more than it ought have.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miranda Madison
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Nothing can fix dps queue times.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aishwarya Vaishnavi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I remember when we could queue with the other data centers....the game was buggy as hell. after they split them the game got way more stable. I don't know if It had anything to do with it though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    It wouldn't work because there's an ability to have the same character name on other servers. The Duty Finder automatically deals with the issue to ensure no characters with duplicate names are ever in the same party. If it was possible to have a party of four people with identical names it would lead to extreme confusion with logs and the like.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast