Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Samcaesar View Post
    Now personally, I'd love to see a few things added.

1 - Make the height range for each race go from the shortest option for the girls of that race to the tallest option for the men of that race.

2 - Muscle slider for everyone, even buff little lalafell with 6 packs because that'd be hilarious.

3 - Maybe the option to view your character in a variety of sets like how it worked in the benchmark? That was you could observe how they look in the AF2, AF1, The level set for 15/30, et cetera

A few secondary race specific options I'd like..

Hyurs and Roegadyn - a Bodypaint/Tattoo option, seeing as how I'd also like the (current) Hyur/Roegadyn specific option to be made for all races, I'd love if they got the option to do some kinda of Tattoo/Body paint option instead, maybe centered around the back and torso so that they don't come in conflict with the outfits with those weird tattoos anyways.

Au Ra and Miqo'te - More tail options, especially with the the Au Ra, but also with things like the addition of a small bobcat-esque tail for Miqo'te.

- Ear options for the Miqo'te would be nice! Perhaps you'd want longer or shorter ones? Or maybe you'd want them to fit the highlights of your hair for some weird fashion ideas!

- a "More Scales" (Or maybe a "Add some fur patches" option for the Miqo'te?) for the Au Ra! One that'd make the scales cover more of the body instead of just the scale patches we currently have.

- A more mature face option for the girls, one that might give them little chin crests and make the scales on their face seem a bit thicker.

- I'd also love separating the Au Ra's horns from their faces (And I'm sure everyone who reads this knows about the thread!) as well as additional horn options (Such as maybe making all the horns available shared between the men and women?)
    1. I don't think there is much point in this, as only the Auri seem to even have enough of a height difference. Rather I'd take have an age-slider that 'scales' the face, height, bust/shoulders and butt by a small factor (eg "young, adult, battle-worn, elderly") to at least give some reason for the shape difference, particularly the face.
    2. Muscle tone slider , aka "thinness/fatness" I think is within the reason, since most of what accounts for fatness/muscle tone in a 3D model is increasing the diameter of the body parts by some scale, which would also scale the gear they are wearing. Why it wouldn't work the way we think it does has more to do with the clipping of loose fabrics when the character emotes.
    3. That is certainly needed.

The Miqo'te tails I've always had a love/hate with. They don't move like cat's tails, but seem too articulated in emotes. Like to give you an idea, when you move about, it's like the tip of the tail is being pulled up by an invisible string, and is more like a sock than a tail. I'll buy that it's only cat-like in appearance, but it makes me think that when they went from V1.0 to V2.0 they just didn't give a damn about how tails work with clothing and let it clip through everything instead of having gear take tails into account. A similar point can made about Auri.

So if you add new Tail shapes, it probably wouldn't work just from not being able to use the existing Miqo'te tail shape in animations. Likewise with the Ear shapes, some clothing, particularly robes have "ear socks" so changing the shape of the ears wouldn't be doable.

I've thought of reasons for why the face and the horns on an Au Ra aren't separate and I think it's likely the face and horns are fused for conversation animations. It doesn't really seem like it would be much effort to separate them as the horns are all attached at the same point, but it might skew all the "hat/helmet" gear.

And again... butts. While not really a big deal to me, you can clearly tell which gear was from V1.0 because of the larger butt and tail allowances.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkady Rygar
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 31
    while I'm still relatively new to the game I can say I definitely would like to see more beard and facial hair options for males.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    A couple quality of life things; the ability to go into character creation in your current gear would be nice so that you can tell what the new character design will look like in it. Also would be nice to have all hairstyles and face paints and whatnot that you've earned in game to show up for us in char creation so we don't have to leave char creation and straight into the aesthetician to change something.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sylvia Valadis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    Snip
    1. You're definitely not wrong it's not that major with an except of the Au Ra, but it is a notable enough difference. I'm not going to lie, I made that point with the Au Ra specifically in mind (Honestly this thread was originally going to be just about them), but I got to thinking, "There was a girl a while back that wanted to be as tall as her husband when they're both Miqo'te, so I should probably list is under the "All race" idea. I mean, plus it's still noticable to the point where things can get a little annoying if you want to be a girl and also be as tall as the guys of the same race. It works in the inverse as well, Perhaps you're a guy Roegadyn and want to be as short as the girl, well they're still a 9 inch difference, which is pretty noticeable! One particular issue I have with the "Age-slider" concept is it's ultimately limiting, say someone wants to be big and tall and have a baby face, for humor or whatever reason, well it's come into conflict a good bit with the age-slider controlling too much like say the face and height. It'd be better to just have the height slider imho, it adds more options without limiting them as well.
    2. Oh of course clipping is a concern, but so many things already clip in the game (Hint never wear robes in a windy area if it bugs you), the addition of a few more things wouldn't hurt honestly, especially if it opens the door for more customization options.

Miqo'te tails really don't even move like cat tails from a "How do cat even move their tails" idea, like certain expressions just don't meld well with how a cat shows it's mood. Like seriously, if you wanna see something that just kind of makes you cringe, that one set that gives the Miqo'te a weird tail boner does the exact same thing with the Au Ra, it doesn't even meld to the shape of the tail.

I mean, would a short tail option really interfere with the animations that much? I don't think so. I mean, for example whenever a certain character looses a certain thing, their animations behave exactly the same, no edits really needed I'd think other than if that certain lost thing comes into contact with apart of the gear set. We already know that ears are adjustable with races like the Lalafell and Elezen (Heck with the former having different types of ears too iirc), so I don't think the issue of changing the shape of the ears is a big deal. Heck if anything just leave the gear with ear socks alone and just give the whole "Mass produced one size fits all" sorta deal that they already do.

The issue is that the horns don't really move though, they're really static when you do facial animations and I'm pretty sure they already clip through a good bit of gear, so the issue of a it being fused for conversational animations or clip with gear doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm a little curious with regards to the gear from 1.0 being worn by the Au Ra, does it lack a butt or not?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Body hair for men, cause ya know, not everybody likes clean shaven.
    (6)
    http://amithist.deviantart.com/

Player
    Character
    Soushie Monster
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    1. Butt Slider
    2. Muscle Slider
    3. Let us choose our horns on Au Ra and stripes on Miqo'tes face and add more choices
    4. LIGHTNING hair, I want it!
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sophia Aintree
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Eyebrow colouring separate from hair (the blonde I used to have made my eyebrows near invisible!).

Au Ra horns separate from face type... actually... link this to my next request.

No more face linked to options stuff, so many features from different face types I'd love to have on a single face. Example, Au Ra face 1 horns and mouth options and Au Ra face 2 eyes and nose.

Allow maybe one or two more slots for facepaint options, would be nice to use for example, tribal markings and whiskers at once.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lu Delilas
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Option to hide tails. We can do it with weapons, and helms. If Kuja/Zidane from IX can wrap them/hide them, we should be able to do it as well with Miqote/Au Ra
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roda Tirhaalo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Another vote for the butt slider.
    ffxiv's butts are implausibly flat.

And another vote for the equalized height and muscle sliders, and multiple face paints.

I'd like the option to remove hair accessories and do so without having to go to the aesthetitician (like how tera does that with face accessories)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Attack voice. The one that BRD (and some melee) keep spamming.

I'd like to know what that sounds like since that's really the only time we hear our characters voice .... constantly
    (9)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast