Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vancleef Arpels
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Why are people still upset over having to do MSQ for Heavensward?

This amazing expansion is well worth going through the MSQ....It took me literally 2 days to get to 50 even helping others do MSQ as Dark Knight from 30 and they even added a 100% bonus to xp if you already had a 50 and a 50 percent bonus to those who didn't making the shear scope of leveling way easier. Since there are so many people doing DRK and AST at 30 if you are playing a DPS spec you get like instant que for dungeons at least for the time being until it calms down and people are still upset about doing the MSQ!

We all knew HW was coming out for months....SE had stated it also that you needed the MSQ done for like 3 months to go into Ishgard and why didn't you get back into the game then? Dark Knight is a amazing job.....but you need to have skills and defensive buffs for it to be anywhere effective in the new dungeons at 60 and if your only reason to play HW is that.....you still need to level Glad and Mar to at least 34 to be a competent tank. HW is amazing, watching all cutscenes.....while doing the stuff from the main story which I will not mention out of respect of others for the first time will absolutely blow your mind on the work and scope SE has done with this game. Take it from a skeptic about previous SE blunders like the Atma farm people know my post for.....SE has severely redeemed itself in mine and alot of peoples eyes! Bottom line, I will not say this game is not for anyone...cause it is, but I will say that you need to drop the WoW mentality of getting level 90 for money out of your system and embrace a breath of fresh air that is Heavensward.....once that has happened, then you will truly enjoy by far the best MMO in the market right now!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Edea Paradise
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    1-50 msq drags a bit and for new players that wanna join their friends/do expac stuff they have a lot of catching up to do

not saying i agree or disagree, but i can sort of understand
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zyxt Fair
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I agree that new players especially should go through the ARR storyline and enjoy every moment of it.

The thing is, if you rush through / skip the ARR story, Heavensward kind of doesn't mean as much nor feel that great.

The buildup and emotional investment from ARR's story is pretty much what makes Heavensward amazing instead of "just another story arc".
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    why would they stop? it doesn't matter if they knew the whole time.

if you don't like something you don't like it everyone has their own tastes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellie Fredericksen
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by OPneedNerfs View Post
    I agree that new players especially should go through the ARR storyline and enjoy every moment of it.

The thing is, if you rush through / skip the ARR story, Heavensward kind of doesn't mean as much nor feel that great.

The buildup and emotional investment from ARR's story is pretty much what makes Heavensward amazing instead of "just another story arc".
    Exactly right. If i skipped 2.0 story i wouldn't nearly have enjoy HW as much as i am right now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rurune Ruuru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    It makes sense though. You don't simply walk into Ishgard and expect to know why you're there. It would invalidate the MSQ.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anty Lion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    i have no clue why people think like that honestly.
    That means they don't like the story, well... SE is putting a lot of effort in the story,
    and it isn't a FPS game. So maybe these people are better off in a FPS game.

These kinda requests are the reason mmorpgs get easier easier and companies start less to bother with the storylines.

I've yet to see any RPG game or any FPS - with a story, that lets you go everywhere from scratch.

Do people really wanna rush to "dailies and same old grind" from day 1? that is beyond me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azi Kerilade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Started an month ago, so I didn't receive those high ilvl items from the main-quest while doing them.

And I agree with OPneedNerfs. If I would have skipped the story from 2.0 to 3.0, HW story wouldn't have felt as good as it does now.

Saw somebody earlier sulking how s/he needed to do the story-quests to access HW, and sometime later s/he came back and was quite happy that s/he did those Quests instead of skipping them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Higher-Level players can carry newer people through most of the instanced content in the ARR.

Players who haven't completed the final MSQ who have Heavensward registered get exp from the level 50 main scenario quests as well as an additional level 50 job quest to continue or set up the story of that job's quest.

It is what it is at this point and it won't change for the time being.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiki Lockhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Also don't forget doing your MSQ will give you a lot more exp and items from 1-50 than doing dungeons or fate grind forever. Doing only that is boring when you have MSQ to do is way more funnier and less repetitive than the other way.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast