Player
    Character
    Arcanon Nexus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 51

How to beat "The Reason Roaille" as a white mage

Honestly it feel like this game punishes you for being a healer. if you try to do anything on your own, you will immediately get slapped in the face told to go home. But anyway I've hit a quest wall with this one and i can't seem to get past it. I start the mission kill their healer first and try to pick off the rest of the adds while giving heals to the main guy when he needs it but when they get reinforcements and I kill their healer again, by that time the rest of my team is wiped out besides me and the main guy until either me or him is killed and them duty failed. I have tried this multiple time with and without cleric stance and neither works. My item lvl is 107. I just want to get this story crap over with so I can get to the content I paid for. okay proceed to tell me how much i suck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arcanon; 06-24-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I found this thread from a couple months ago about a scholar stuck on it also - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Reason-Roaille. The resolution there was to remember to use cleric stance but it seems you've already tried that.

Another scholar friend says it took them several tries and was a pain. *Edit: 10 tries at full 110.

Other than that, maybe try upgrading your weapon. The i90 weapon is a little low. I think you can still get the i100 soldiery weapons to upgrade to 110. Or you can get someone to bring you a i115 weapon from Ishgard.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sagittarian; 06-24-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arcanon Nexus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 51
    I'm item lvl 110 now tried a bunch, still failed
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Don't heal the npcs. Especially if they have a bunch of adds on them. Kill the healer then single target each npc with low hp. Ignore the "boss" until adds are dead. I go for ranged first since they tend to have lower hp and do a lot of damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by PetiteMalFleur; 12-24-2015 at 12:42 AM.

http://dtguilds.com

Player
    Character
    Arcanon Nexus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 51
    Finally won, I actually HAD to spam holy a crap load of times. Thanks to all that responded.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhallen Artura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I know you finished this months ago Arcanon but in case any other White Mages are having trouble with this, my tactic was super simple for this fight.

When your primary NPC gets low on health, cast Benediction on him. He will be back to full and you'll have something like a 75,000 health heal under your belt. Gives you all the time you need to wipe up any remaining enemies.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crysaline Ardent
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52

Spammage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanon View Post
    Finally won, I actually HAD to spam holy a crap load of times. Thanks to all that responded.
    Had the same trouble as a Black Mage. I had Eline Roaille down to zero and she wouldn't drop until I cleared all the on coming waves of baddies. Clear the waves as fast as you can and hope the main npc can hold out long enough for you. Their heals were helpful. It only took me 6 tries. LOL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cimegs Sidatto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    For those attemp to do it as healer,

i was ilvl 101 sscholar when doing the quest, here's my experiences

1st attempt: Illberd dead.
    2nd attempt: Illberd dead
    3rd attempt: Yugiri dead
    4th attempt: illberd dead
    5th attempt: illberd dead, Roaille was 0 and there was another mob, close one.
    6th attempt: success.

To do so,

1. Kill Medicus at the beginning, then the Sagitarius (their bowman)
    2. Kill the Death Claw (big flying crabby thing) on Illberd, then the other one.
    3. Keep killing Sagitarius.
    4. Kill Aqualifier (another higher hp healer, around third wave i think)
    5. Keep Yayasuke alive, while throwing in some heals on illberd and Yugiri. Doma Joain dont usually die.
    6, Roaille dont die when there's still other mob. If you keep the last mob long enough, new waves will come. Dont ignore the last mob.

Just sharing my method on this painful sob quest. Hope it helps.

Oh, if u're not scholar, keep yourself alive too.
    (0)