Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Played 1.0: Yes. Since alpha testing.
    Earned Legacy Account Status: Yes.
    1.0 exclusive Items earned: Almost everything (never got white raven earrings). I missed 0 ingame events!
    /Playtime: I question my own sanity over this one.
    Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yes, but I've gotten a makeover.
    1.0 Server: Fabul --> (merged with Besaid to become Balmung)
    What keeps you coming back: Plot, friends, and cause it's a FF title, etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'm using my 1.0 character, still the same race, same hairstyle & color. was on Besaid and now Balmung (same server, name changed).

only thing I change is my main job from WHM to NIN.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Played 1.0: Yes. Preordered 1.0 CE at launch (September 2010) but billing issues (and family issues) prevented me from actually starting until four months after launch (January 2011). Played intermittently until after original shutdown (as I was still heavily invested in FFXI), but then after the Calamity event accompanying the original shutdown drew me back full time, (that and being accepted into ARR's Alpha Test), I went and played the original story up to Future's Perfect when servers were reactivated temporarily at the end of 2012. Considering I went from GLA 13 to PLD 50 with original story completion (Future's Perfect) in a little under a month, is something I'm proud of (sadly that was after the final save so that wasn't carried across into ARR). But I'm still proud of that little accomplishment anyway.
    Earned Legacy Account Status: Yes (and I'm proud of it!)
    1.0 exclusive Items earned: Just the Hermes Shoes and Onion Helm (although the later is still attainable if you have a code), my original starting gear, and some dated items that a friend who is now on another server crafted for me (before they became dated). In particular, a Dated Brass Dagger that is still equippable by GLA/PLD! As I have Legacy Campaign status I naturally also have the Legacy Chocobo too, but that was not available in 1.0 after all so that doesn't really count.
    /Playtime: unknown (I shamed to admit I didn't know that command was even in the game!)
    Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yes. Enki is forever my main. And I'm still playing my original starting class (GLA) too! (Well, it's Job upgrade anyway ).
    1.0 Server: Originally Selbina, which then became Ridill. Started ARR on Ridill as well until December 2014, when I finally made the switch to Balmung where all my friends are. Despite the congestion, it's something I don't regret either.
    What keeps you coming back: 1.0 had a lot of potential which Tanaka sadly squandered and deserved to be put out of it's misery. ARR is so much better even with it's little quirks and annoyances. And Heavensward is just building on that. I'm just having too much fun to leave. That and, well, it's a Final Fantasy game, a FF game where I can create my own character and experience the story as my character instead of a story one (like FFXI), the intriguing and well written story, the amazing world, and all my friends and family are here with me which alone is more than reason enough to stay in Eorzea.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 09-07-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kinako Kuromitsu
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Played 1.0: From sometime in Alpha
    Earned Legacy Account Status: Yup
    1.0 exclusive Items earned: Just the Legacy Chocobo I think
    /Playtime: Not sure, will edit later with it
    Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yup
    1.0 Server: Gysahl and Besaid
    What keeps you coming back: Final Fantasy IP, good mechanics, great story, a game my wife will play with me
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bastian Wolf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 56
    Played 1.0: Yup! I joined in 2011 but only signed onto the forums in 2012.

Earned Legacy Account Status: Unfortunately no. After the free period finished up, I stopped playing because all my friends were no longer playing. Then, without reading anything, I decided to subscribe again... apparently the day or so after the window to attain legacy status closed. At least I have the fancy tattoo :P

1.0 exclusive Items earned: Unfortunately none off the top of my head. I still have dated items and old gathering mats on my retainers, though.

/Playtime: ARR, about 85 days I think it said. Who knows for 1.0! I actually never got my character to 50. I spent lots of time exploring and goofing off!

Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yes I do! I actually miss the original thaumaturge to be honest. BLM is cool but I never made an effort after 2.0 for it.

1.0 Server: Rabanastre, merged into Excalibur!

What keeps you coming back: I have absolutely no idea, lol. The world, friends, or.. well really I don't understand. Heavensward is wonderful though!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ciel Valke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Played 1.0: Aye, from the alpha/beta.
    Earned Legacy Account Status: Yup!
    1.0 exclusive Items earned: Can't remember. Not all that many. I wasn't too focused on that part of the game. I did get the Goobbue.
    /Playtime: 220 days, 18 hours (Don't judge.)
    Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yes. She went from Miqo'te to Roegadyn, and changed names, though.
    1.0 Server: Wutai, then Masamune.
    What keeps you coming back: FF MMORPGs are the only MMOs that really keep me entertained. I like the story, and experiencing it with my buds. Also, RP.
    (1)
    "I'm OK. This rock broke my fall."

Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Played 1.0: Had alpha but couldn't run it lol. Came back in 1.22 once I had a real PC.

Earned Legacy Account Status: Yes

1.0 exclusive Items earned: Goobue mount. Lots of titles and some seasonal gear. Not sure if it was re released though.

/Playtime: 250 days

Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yes but name was changed and I've used multiple fantasias.

1.0 Server: Balmung FTW

What keeps you coming back: Fishing, crafting, gathering
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Played 1.0: Since the beginning.
    Earned Legacy Account Status: Yep
    1.0 exclusive Items earned: All except the Raven's Earring...cry...didn't make it. My BLM relic is 1.0 earned too.
    /Playtime: 398 days...
    Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Will never let her go or change her look.
    1.0 Server: Kashuan > Gungnir
    What keeps you coming back: Friends of course...good number of my FFXI gang is still around or have joined up since 2.0.
    (2)
    Last edited by tymora; 06-24-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ghent Marik
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 50
    Played 1.0: Yep. Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition when the game came out. Got to level 50 on Black Mage, White Mage, Dragoon, and Warrior after the job system came out. I never did quite finish that gauntlet of running to every single aetheryte though.

Earned Legacy Account Status: Absolutely. My Legacy chocobo is my go-to in the 2.0 zones. In 3.0, I've switched over to the manacutter and the griffin.

1.0 exclusive Items earned: I got the gobbue on a character that I ended up not maining. When a friend picked up the game, I rolled a new one to play through the story/levels with them.

/Playtime: 79 days, 8 hours, 0 minutes

Do you still use your 1.0 Character: Yep. And I'm still annoyed that I've got the Lord's set, but cannot turn it into the Lady's set from the summer seasonal. The character's gone through 3 name changes and 3 fantasias. My latest incarnation is, of course, an Au Ra.

1.0 Server: Wutai, then Durandal.

What keeps you coming back: My close knit group of RL friends play the game. There are other reasons, too. It's the best looking MMO on the market, for one. That, and as much as I complain about the loot system and having to pick up flowers located two feet in front of an NPC, just to hand them to said NPC, I greatly enjoy the story and feel an emotional connection to my character. After participating in the Battle of Carteneau (rather, the crash/lagfest it was), I always get a little choked every time I see that intro movie.
    (1)
    The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Player
    Character
    Jared Kane
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Man... this thread just makes me jealous for the Legacy-Mark all over again >_<

Don't get me wrong; I think it's awesome that 1.0 players got something unique! I just wish they had made it more of a tradition, with a new "Mark" of some kind to mark the end of each expansion. Maybe Midgardsomr could imprint his own insignia on pre-Heavensward players who completed 2.55?
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast