Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Wow, this thread. I can't believe that someone actually expects there to be enough quests to get you all the way to 60. When you get a new dungeon unlocked you are suppose to grind on it for one level while doing other quests while waiting for your que and doing FATES if you like as well. By grinding the dungeon for one level you get enough gear to get you to the next level.
    (2)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Syanonn Rias
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerodan View Post
    No, I certainly do not expect grinding to level up. This is MMO design which may have worked ten years ago and still does in Asia, but nowadays it's just bad game design.
    Then you might want to stay away from just about all the asian MMOs, this being one of them, and the least grindy one already.

So many people hitting level cap during just early access, it is insanely easy to level in this game.

Then looking at your character, brd with no invigorate or blood for blood, you just want everything handed to you and get carried ya?
    (6)
    Last edited by Chihaya; 06-24-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lael Night
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Why the fuck are they making you do solo roulette in an MMO? I'd like to play with my friends, thank you. Unless they fixed that in the later dungeons, but I doubt it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Intervention
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Don't like any of it? .. Don't play.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Misty Mew
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    It's a new week, challenge log is bare. 10 FATEs in 4 zones, 5 dungeons, 3 roulettes, 5 commendations. Do all those and you will get more than half a level of bonus exp.
    excellent suggestions and ty

I tend to agree though that there should indeed be enough quests available to max out ones first job through the msq. We have 10 or so other jobs that will be nothing but a mindless grind of one kind or another..that to me is plenty punishing enough. At the very least ones main should lv through available quests.

You are not "supposed" to grind a dungeon for a lv..or to get that better gear someone else mentioned, theres no written rule anywhere. you could grind it 300x and still not win 1 piece of gear...so that logic is flawed.

At any rate I will indeed fate grind for the next 1/2 lv or do a few challanges mixed in..not by choice though (which is a bad idea se)
    (0)

MORE HIGH HEELS + INSTANCED HOUSING! !

Player
    Character
    Fionn Iolair
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Are you sure there's not enough quests? Every time I return to other areas after getting another level it seems new ones have popped up which were not there before. Example: I went to Foundation and lo and behold the Chocobo npc had the intro for making your regular bird into a flyer. Plus there were three other side quests suddenly open. I also had gone back to Cloudtop to try finding more air currents and saw a few new quests available.

And wth is everyone in such a danged RUSH.... jeeez chill people...
    (1)
    Last edited by T2teddy; 06-25-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eleath'li Enrayi
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaHoshino View Post
    Ragnarok Online, man. That game is the reason I laugh at anyone who complains that FFXIV is too grindy. The amount of grinding this game requires is trivial at best.
    5+ years of RO and I still miss the grind! It's so laughable when people complain about slow exp!!
    It's nonexistent here. What's the point of instant max lvl anyway??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Venarra
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    There are plenty of quests you just don't feel like doing them as you said because you "feel" that just doing the MSQ alone should be enough to get to the end.

There isn't a single final fantasy game I can think of that you could just ride the MSQ to the end and expect to be adequate level for the content.

The reality is if you ran the roulette everyday, did the highest level dungeon you have available once a day and knocked out a couple side quests along the way you would be over leveled for the main story quest.

There is nothing wrong here except you not "feeling like" playing the game.

Also the areas are insanely beautiful and detailed but opinions are opinions, not facts. You don't feel you have to do other things then have fun sitting at whatever level you are at. That's not anyone else's problem but yours and I doubt square will go under from the loss of your sub money. Bye Felicia.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    I am not sure what you're talking about I was 60 before I left the hinterlands. Before I even got to the Library. Then again I had rest XP the whole way through and made sure to have a food buff on the entire time I was playing and my FC has its Heat of the Battle II buff up all the time. These things might have helped me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTenshi View Post
    Why the fuck are they making you do solo roulette in an MMO? I'd like to play with my friends, thank you. Unless they fixed that in the later dungeons, but I doubt it.

Expert Roulettes allow for a party to queue for them
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast