Player
    Character
    Kammy Aurora
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

Bard - they broke my job

So I hit 60 last night and the changes to bard are so monumental they make me consider quitting the job I've loved for 2 years.
    This is not to do with dmg, although off the bat it feels weak, especially comparing early parse numbers. But the playstyle is 100% different in every way. I really don't understand why they did this and I just am so sad that my whole Ff world is upside down as everyone else gets excited about the nice extra tweaks their class gets.

Anyone else hate this new bard?
    (107)

Character
    Saskia Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65
    Not really.. :/

I'm actually enjoying it. It's not really that different then it was, besides Wanderer's Minuet is situational it's not like you have to have it up 24/7

But to each his own. Unlike most people though I'm not absorbed into one job, I am looking forward to re-leveling a few jobs and trying out the new ones.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    im enjoying it , now refreshing dots is 1 skill 60 tp , thats awesome , E. arrow hits hard , and sidewinder hits even harder , but yeah having to move hurts now , but thats the price we pay for being able to dps harder....SE needs to boost Heavy shot a bit and now Straight shot proc are rare ....since we dont spam heavy shot like mad.... so we see less procs....and ugh casting heavy shot > casting straight shot > straight proc!!!! -_-
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Has anyone come up with a "starter" new rotation yet? I am only level 55.9 and find I am not really using W.M. and E.A. all that much because the times I have it feels like I am losing dps. Do we have to have all the skills or at least the DOT reset to start using it properly??? I am pretty good on Bard and I am having issues with coming up with the new Rotation. Thanks everyone in advance.
    (0)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Ramza Beoulve'
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedizzy View Post
    Has anyone come up with a "starter" new rotation yet? I am only level 55.9 and find I am not really using W.M. and E.A. all that much because the times I have it feels like I am losing dps. Do we have to have all the skills or at least the DOT reset to start using it properly??? I am pretty good on Bard and I am having issues with coming up with the new Rotation. Thanks everyone in advance.
    SS -> bloodletter -> EA -> WB -> blunt arrow -> VB -> sidewinder -> HS -> RoF -> HS
    (0)

Character
    Empyreal Fate
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Some of the players may like it but I would like to share my opinion here. The one and only reason why I main a bard is due to it's mobility and the lack of cast time. I have played that class for the past 2 years and loved it immensely. Although I may not be the best bard but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some of you may not share my sentiment and will shrug of with a "learn to play", but don't you get the point? What if they changed your precious melee class to a class who's skill have cast time? What if they changed your caster class's skills into something which requires you to be in melee range before you can start using it?

Please spare a thought of why some of us chose Bard before asking us to "learn to play" the new WM mechanic. Some of us like it because it's mobile and it's the only class which has no cast time. Now it's all gone if you want to be viable.
    (47)

Player
    Character
    Culthonel Sevarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    It's shit and it extremly pisses me off. Apart from the opening burst it's a dps loss (unless you fight a dummy with 0 movement etc.).
    If I wanted to be a turret I'd play my BLM. It's extremly flawed design and should be taken away for something else that actually suits the class.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Arcspeed
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Right now I can get used to it but I think the new skills shouldn't be gated behind Minuet, that's all. They could make it something like if a Bard doesn't use Minuet, Empyreal and Sidewinder will have lesser potency and Iron Jaws cost more TP to use. This way a Bard can be flexible and choose either mobility when a fight requires a lot of movement or better damage when it's not.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    I do not play Bard but I can agree with this. This changes the very core of the class's playstyle. I am honestly not surprised more people are lashing out. It might be tweaked still though
    (32)
    Lodestone Profile
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2183636/

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I like it. Adds some variety. I definitely suspect changes to it though, which makes me a little sad, but that's okay.

Like honestly the only thing about WM I don't like is the song time... I know all songs are three seconds long but, come on..
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Page 1 of 175 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast