Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Last Hero
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I just got mine today and wow... I'm even more disappointed than the one that came in the ESO box. At least that one took up some space on the shelf despite being made of piss poor plastic *something*. This dragon doesn't look big or menacing or... anything. A buck thirty... I like the game but next time I think I'll just keep my money.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zhevi Moui
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaaliaa View Post
    I don't find it the slightest bit funny. I did not purchase this, but it's absolutely reasonable for people to expect to receive the item they were shown as incentive to plunk down that kind of money, and for it to be of decent quality.

False advertising, plain and simple, and people shouldn't tolerate it.
    I did not really mean that it is funny. Quite the contrary but I did see this coming:

The box on the preorder page was obviously not the fancy one that was at the unboxing
    The size of the statue was never mentioned
    EU/US prices were artificially raised and we never received an explanation.

You have to imagine that the Japanese community received something equal to the PREMIUM CE. We just got the STANDARD CE in lower quality.

Why do you think Live Letters are only in Japanese unless Yoshi is on a convention outside of the country? Because they target the JAPANESE community. Square is a Japanese company so this is not at all surprising if you know a bit about the culture there. What really counts is their opinion, US and Eu are nothing but wallets to them.

I encourage people to complain but I don't think it will move anything unless the Japanese community actually complains about this. I am not blaming it on the players in Japan though, they do not make these decisions.

Why do you think so little changes from the EU/US suggestions are being implemented? It's the sad reality. We were sold the CE for almost double the Money (in case of UK) while as much as possible was saved when making the EU/US versions
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Knot Destroyer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Or maybe there's some heat factor that makes the statue looks different with the actual? (Not the size)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thandronen Ranguemont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I cannot remember how I knew this but I did recall seeing somewhere that there were several different versions of the CE and we were not getting the super fancy JP awesome box. What I do want to know though (since I cannot recall) is, did they get a different or seemingly better version of the dragon statue or does that look exactly the same? Also, can anyone verify if the NA CE for both PC and PS4 are different or are they both the same?

My PS4 CE has been delivered to my house today and I am at work, so I will not see mine until later this evening. If it does not fit properly or looks terrible to me, I will likely sell my CE and just purchase a regular copy of the game, then upgrade to the digital CE for much cheaper.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masakata Izumi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Did you guys even look at the promotional picture? We got what was advertised.

(7)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    Did you guys even look at the promotional picture? We got what was advertised.
    Exactly this.

Last night, my G/F lined up for the midnight release of Arkham Knight. She got the CE of that. She's all happy because the platform lighs up and he's at least triple the size. (The base is larger than the dragon+base for XIV) . . . but the batman doll could have been made by a preschooler. Almost no detail at all. To the contrary, I like the detail on the dragon. It's just too bad it's not Hrsvaelgr (sp?) or nidhogg. or midgardsormr. That would have been a nice touch.

Edit: I also originally had a rough time geting my dragon on the base. But then I said to myself "Misenklauph. GetGud" and i did. It's on the base fine. We have both of our models on display beside the TV.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seccyeth Dreamwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Anyway, it feels pretty poor quality to me, i'm really disapointed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baeroth Foehammer
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 55
    The premium CE on the Japanese store is only $129 though, same as US paid and less than EU paid xD
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    I have to say the construction of the statue is very poor too. On the one I received you could see where the different parts are joined and it shows a dollop of whatever they use around the edges. I don't normally go the CE but thought I would treat myself and this is a great disappointment.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tsukino Mahou
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

I didn't buy it for the packaging, but our packaging is indeed kind of terrible compared to what was presented in the live letter.

More importantly though, I own over 80 PVC figures and every single one of them blows this dragon out of the water. Some of them were made as much as 10 years ago before many advances in production were made.
    (4)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast