Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Boo. I know that Warrior DPS is being reported as rather high, but it still looks so wrong that two of the DPS are below one of the Warriors. And the discrepancy between the two of them is silly to begin with.

On the bright side, I did get a sexy 4.2k Assize crit today on the carapace. Made me feel like a real fighter!

Sadly, no real progress, besides getting down the timings for the tank busters from the Sanuwa pretty good now! Gotta keep trying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    On the bright side, I did get a sexy 4.2k Assize crit today on the carapace. Made me feel like a real fighter!
    I actually got told off for doing that and was told to only use it on the adds. Hmm...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dia Beetus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Finally got tetragrammaton and its mega useful to use if u cast regen and suddenly tank gets hit with a big attack and u need to bring him up quickly. this along with assize has done a lot for my mp efficiency so i can last the loooong boss battles in the post 60 dungeons..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    I actually got told off for doing that and was told to only use it on the adds. Hmm...
    I've yet to have any criticism over Assize usage. Though then again, most of my groups don't even seem to notice me hitting stuff. <.<

"Hey, think Foe Requiem would be enough for the last few % we're missing? Try singing that!"
    "Wut y we haf no caster dps."
    *internal screaming*

Edit: ・The white mage action "Divine Seal" which affects magic would also affect the ability "Assize".

So yeah, seems Squeenix never wanted healing buffs to affect Tetragrammaton and Asylum in the first place. So much for hoping they were bugged.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raminax; 06-30-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Psycho Bunny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I like Asylum, I think DPS just need to know what it is though as I find people don't stand in it always. I use it mainly on pulls as a boost in Regen on the tank. I've never played Scholar just WHM so never really knew exactly what Sacred Soil did, but would just see it pop up and assume it was beneficial, not really noticing anything specific when standing in it. I see it says 90% reduction in damage, but unless it's a fight where everyone stacks at a certain point like Titan, I don't typically go rushing over to it just because it's up. So hopefully people will realize the benefit of Asylum and make more of an effort to stand in it and realize that it provides a benefit the whole time you're in there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vamperia Vampz
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Have to say it but I really HATE what they have done with the WHM new spells from 50-60. They really didn't give us anything to set us apart from the other healers or different kinda group buffs, mob debuffs, reflect spell, Damage shields or something. Instead they took Protect and gave it to Pallys, Scholars, and Asc so that they can buff parties more WTF......

Just seems like they took a lot of great ideas and gave them to the Astrologian, (Buffing cards, light speed, better cool downs on spells, Play in different stances and how it affects your healing....the list goes on and on)

We really have nothing going for us right now and I hope they address some of this and give us something to bring to the group other than just a heal. The other Healer Roles can do that too and bring buff/debuffs to the group so why bring a WHM
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucidia Dreamweaver
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    As much as SE loves nerfing WHMs (Holy nerfed 2x, PoM buffed....then nerfed, SS nerfed), WHMs are still in a good place in 3.0.

Asylum provides powerful sustained AoE healing which helps immensely with your mana management.

Assize has an extremely unique damage component in that it is very high potency (300), and it has the range of a LB 3 (15 yalms), in fights where they are multiple adds to be killed, but are spread just far enough that you can't AoE them down (Garuda's plumes, Ifrit's Nails etc), a well timed Assize is wonderful.

SE has also started to explore encounter mechanics where bosses take extra damage for a limited period of time before the next mechanic (Bismarck's jump on his back and free damage, Ravana's free damage when he's charging his next move).
    In these limited period, a WHM's DPS is actually more valuable compared to a Scholar/AST's DoTs, as WHM's DPS are extremely front loaded compared to the other 2's slower burn, this allows WHMs to pump out more DPS in the limited amount of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vamperia Vampz
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I don't disagree with you we can front load damage better than the Sch/AST and I'm really really glad to see SE starting to look into new boss mechanics rather than the old scripted ones that never change. Thats one thing I really never liked about this game was I wanted more of a random aspect in the boss fights but they have gotten lots better and are trying a lot of new things. Yes WHM's used to be solid and still have a great base but they can really adjust it more and give us some buffs/unique things to enhance the group
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucidia Dreamweaver
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    What WHMs bring is stability and security during progression, WHM heals are big, they can pretty much solo heal most encounters allowing your co-healer to focus more on DPSing and assist only when needed.

The reason why "WHMs are useless and don't bring much to the table", is once content is on farm/overgeared, the extremely high healing powers of a WHM is no longer required.
    I am personally fine with this, due to the fact that Progression is way more important to me than farming raids 2 mins faster.

WHM is like the skills Virus and Sacred Soil - Useful when you're still progressing, but once you outgear content and can survive stuff easily without Virus and Sacred Soil? They become optional.

Remember tho, without Progression, there cannot be farm/overgeared content .
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meera Khei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The Heavensward additions to the class is very much in line with what the image of the white mage is. A white mage heals and it heals hella strong. The abilities added allows them to do that when they're silenced or low on mana and it helps the class heal more at a reduced cost. WHMs get enough utility from cross-class skills and spells. Why would they need more? To reduce the usefulness or erode identity of another class?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    In these limited period, a WHM's DPS is actually more valuable compared to a Scholar/AST's DoTs, as WHM's DPS are extremely front loaded compared to the other 2's slower burn, this allows WHMs to pump out more DPS in the limited amount of time.
    I agree on this point. A WHM can bring a lot of damage in a short period of time compared to the other healer classes and that's great. But it doesn't help when Squeenix stripped all the healer gear off accuracy.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6