Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mivva Kyles
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    So playing BLM is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place now.

Your entire rotation hinges on perfecting a balance between two timers (Enochian and Astral Fire), and if a mechanic or mistake trips up even just one of those timers, it's a big hit to your entire rotation. On a dummy, the rotation is complex but workable, but on the field and in raids, mechanics make this timer juggle extremely difficult and cumbersome. The worst is missing a refresh on your Enochian timer, which can then leave you locked out of your key damage dealer, Fire IV, for upwards of 30 seconds. It's very punishing gameplay out in movement heavy raids. Can't say I'm enjoying it.
    (7)
    Last edited by Ellsian; 06-23-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tith Shantaru
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I have not had the chance to play with anything more then Laylines and Sharpcast being only 55 but when the abilities were announced, I was VERY worried about the job becoming needlessly complex.. We all know how much movement is required in content and the last thing BLM needs on top of that, is to juggle two buff timers to make sure your DPS rotation works.

I hope this gets a fix or that , at the very least, it's heavily exaggerated how bad the blm end game is right now. it's my favorite job, always has been. I don't relish the thought of switching to something else I don't enjoy the other jobs as much.

I guess Will just see, I feel like this could be avoided by allowing blizzard 4 and Fire 4 to refresh the respective astral/umbral buffs, thus cutting down on the issue, or turn fire 3 and blizzard 3 INTO fire 4 and blizzard 4 on your bar while in Enchocian but like I said...I've not had the chance to play with these abilities yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm loving BLM for what it can do with single target spells, but with its AoE spells? I'm... not so sure about it now. Fire II only has a potency of 100 and Flare is only 260 (and less if there's more than one mob). Fire IV has the same potency as Fire III (280), but costs less MP to cast than Fire (which still needs to be cast every two Fire IV's to refresh Astral. Three if Ley Lines are up).

Hrm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aevi Atrix
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestama View Post
    I'm loving BLM for what it can do with single target spells, but with its AoE spells? I'm... not so sure about it now. Fire II only has a potency of 100 and Flare is only 260 (and less if there's more than one mob). Fire IV has the same potency as Fire III (280), but costs less MP to cast than Fire (which still needs to be cast every two Fire IV's to refresh Astral. Three if Ley Lines are up).

Hrm.
    Wat. Fire 3 is 240 Potency. Fire 4 is +40 potency, and less mana.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I must have misread things, then. Anyway, point is about AoE's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    flare and whm's holy didn't need the nerf, its pointless, all it does is slow down aoe trash kills. but I guess we can live with it.

manawall nerf is way worse though. before I knew I could eat certain attacks every once in awhile and that also helped the healer, now a duration % buff that really doesn't protect that much has gimped us, it means we have to move in general if being mauled now especially if we have more than one mob on us. manawall before was a oh shit im being hit protect myself and wait for tank to grab agro. now its ill reduce my damage received have to move or get interrupts anyways and totally screw up my dps type skill.

ley lines is a good skill and gives a decent boost to cast speed, I use it just after thunder but before fire chain and on single target we can bring things down very quickly.

on aoe though im not so sure of its usefulness yet as it seems to be messing with mana ticks, but that could just be because I havnt hit 60 yet and have a set amount of mana.

speaking of mana.. x-ether is now pretty much useless as it doesn't give enough mp back to flare, need to check hq but I doubt it will be enough at level 60.

not sure if they added a new mana potion into the game because I havnt been levelling my crafts yet to see.

sharpcast is pretty cool but im unsure what is the best use of it yet, it effects scathe seems pointless, effects thunder but again a thunder proc doesn't help much since we will reapply thunder anyways, so last a nd probs best choice is fire, but problem with that is you never know if you would of gotten a proc anyways but h well its a free fire 3 which if crits is a good boost.

enochian, I just got this skill and a damage boost is a good thing but seems like it may be a bit awkward to weave in with raging strikes
    (1)
    Last edited by chidarake; 06-23-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zappa Dattic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I must have misread things, then. Anyway, point is about AoE's.
    our aoe got nerfed but it's still very powerful. Just not the god-mode-triple-whatever-any-other-class-could-imagine that we used to have (and tbf we were godmode in aoe for the entirety of ARR. I enjoyed it while it lasted but I think we all knew deep down that this would happen eventually). fire2 is 180 in af3, which is still powerful for aoe filler. flare is between 234 and 468 potency depending on the target, but honestly 234 is still a really high aoe potency.
    (1)
    When in doubt, assume sarcasm

Player
    Character
    Magnus Valerius
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Hrm.
    Flare's potency is 468 on the first hit, above 200 on the last, and Fire II is 180 under Astral Fire III, so Black mages still hit really hard. When you read the potency of your spells, remember that is base and not under Fire/Ice stance. Your damage is fine. Fire I and Blizzard I even got a buff. Flare got a nerf yes (and much needed because it was ridiculous in ARR), but is still one of the strongest AOE attacks in the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fatshine; 06-24-2015 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhex View Post
    Why would you pay for a game, to pay an RMT, to pay other players to play the game for you?

Player
    Character
    Fara Venator
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatshine View Post
    Flare got a nerf yes (and much needed because it was ridiculous in ARR)
    ? If anything they took BLM's aoe and gave it to summoner. Summoner's aoe dps is insane right now.
    At the risk of sounding judgemental. People playing summoners in this expansions are the last persons who can say a nerf to someone is "much needed"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Marik Landzaat
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by hallena View Post
    It's pretty bad. Fights weren't made with BLM in mind. Just play smn, its better in literally everyway
    The irony.
    (4)

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast