Player
    Character
    Selrea Mandragoran
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

How is BLM in new expansion?

Been tempted to try it out my main is sch and smn just doesnt do it for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melondra Lorena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    don't like it they nerfed that job down again.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    They only nerfed Flare (less damage on multiple mobs, full damage on single mobs) and Manawall (which can be seen as a nerf and a buff. From a nerf stand point, it won't protect you from two Earthshakers. From a buff standpoint, Manawall doesn't disappear after two physical hits, if the mob doesn't hit too hard). BLM is still the same ol' Job I love, with new toys that make it better (Ley Lines and Sharpcast, for example). Fire and Blizzard were also given another buff, so we now deal more single target damage.

Not sure what they did with Fire II, though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Magistrella Opalia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Fire II is the same as before, 100 potency - Ley lines lets you actually cast Thunder III in ice -> fire transition so you get 6 more seconds out of that buff. Sharpcast can be used to max dmg while buffed with dmg+ for extra dmg and prolonging the time you stay in fire. Judging that mobs die usually in one firechain up to lvl 56 i wouldnt say they nerfed it :P Blizzard IV is a 280 potency which you get at 58 and Fire IV at 60, will have to see how playing changes when those two hit.

tl,dr:

BLM is more technical then before. Our Single target dmg got buffed and at 60 with Fire IV we will dish out really big hits. Aoe got toned down, but im fine with that - AoEing in dungeons is still fast thanks to the buffs we got

('-')/
    (4)

Player
    Character
    James Cairn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Our skill cap is much higher than before. Damage wise, I'm finding we're running top of the ranged DPS (though I've yet to see a 60 MCN) and can even beat melee if we're allowed to run through our entire enochian phase without interruption. Our AOE took a bit of a hit yea, but its still much higher than any of the melees, or BRDs (again not really sure about MCN and the SMNs I've had have been dubious quality at best in AOE so I don't know how they look when played correctly).

Overall, I think we're in a fine spot right now. You just gotta be ready to step up your game as the BLM rotation isn't quite as ABC as it used to be. So take all the complexity of movement optimization and put it together with a new revamped rotation and you got possibly the highest skill capped dps class in the game right now (maybe DRGs are harder, unsure).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Adreius Niluez
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zencurse View Post
    Our skill cap is much higher than before. Damage wise, I'm finding we're running top of the ranged DPS (though I've yet to see a 60 MCN) and can even beat melee if we're allowed to run through our entire enochian phase without interruption. Our AOE took a bit of a hit yea, but its still much higher than any of the melees, or BRDs (again not really sure about MCN and the SMNs I've had have been dubious quality at best in AOE so I don't know how they look when played correctly).

Overall, I think we're in a fine spot right now. You just gotta be ready to step up your game as the BLM rotation isn't quite as ABC as it used to be. So take all the complexity of movement optimization and put it together with a new revamped rotation and you got possibly the highest skill capped dps class in the game right now (maybe DRGs are harder, unsure).

Can you stand still for as long as you would like in the new fights though?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Akko Aihara
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleoffs View Post
    Can you stand still for as long as you would like in the new fights though?
    After doing Ravana and Bismarck HM a few times: in my opinion - no...there's even more movement than Titan Ex (maybe it just feels like to me?)
    And i have the feeling that i always get an aoe attack to dodge after i casted Ley-Lines

tbh...atm i don't like the blm at all...i hope this will change after i got 60 and have a proper rotation.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Magistrella Opalia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Until we reach 60 the Mana Pool is all over the place too - the amounts arent proper to the amount spells cost - you often miss 10-20 more mp to cast Blizz 3 because you werent at max when you started, then at other times you get an auto tick and could cast one more AoE instead of flare and waste the whole chain.

Lvling is always a mess, when were at 60 we finally can get used to a new rotation and to mp values to get it right all the time =.=
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I really don't like this whole "you have to be in a special mode to cast the next tier of fire and ice spells" approach. Doesn't look like it's that hard to keep it going, but it just feels like a needlessly added mechanic to make the job hit more buttons and watch more timers than it was doing previously.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fara Venator
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    It's pretty bad. Fights weren't made with BLM in mind. Just play smn, its better in literally everyway
    (4)

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast