Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1370
    Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    That actually sounds good... There was no need to put aren't Dismantle and Rend Mind into two separate cooldowns as it is. I could picture have a few different attachments, off global cooldown, that you rotated through/switched between for different effects. It'd be similar to GW2 Engineers, where you switch between different kits for different abilities.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Odowla View Post
    MCH seems to sustain and burst a bit higher, just saying~
    my experience is different, with bard sustaining more dps in my own baseline parses (gear difference being accounted for) though disembowel is a bigger increase for machinists, since like 25.5% of a bard's damage is dots/flaming arrow lol (vs machinist where leadshot is around 11.5%, then wildfire is around 7.5%; though wildfire can mostly also be buffed by disembowel indirectly, so really, it's only 12% or so of a MCH's damage that isn't affected by disembowel, with the extra 0.5% from leadshot dot damage in wildfire)

their burst is sort of apples and oranges, too. wildfire is a big delayed burst, bard has immediate burst (ie - instant kill the alarums in a1 savage without needing to bait resins lol)
    (0)
    Last edited by Aiurily; 08-15-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiurily View Post
    my experience is different

I agree with this. I do think that MCH's are better for progression since they can maintain resources better but I'm fairly certain once we start seeing speedclears BRD will be on top.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Myon88 View Post
    It's hard to justify using Lead Shot before you're finished putting up all your buffs (BFB, HE, RS, Potion), it's by far our highest potency per cast time attack and you want it to be as strong as possible.
    You are right. When I was initially looking at it, it didn't seem like I was getting the last couple skills under the HE/B4B timers if I popped them first prior to LS, so I was comparing the difference in gained potency from Wildfire if I delayed the cast till after LS.

One of the issues I was running into with excess latency, was not fitting the skills into the Buff timers and, my first Slug Shot not registering under Wildfire. Which I thought to alleviate both with swapping out of Gauss Barrel to have Wildfire Initialize quicker between the GCD and to be able to cast my buffs during the first couple GCD while not under the effect of GB. But, for some reason the AA Damage does not have as big of an impact on Wildfire, although calculated higher potency for AA + Split and AA + Slug. (and it gets very clunky swapping GB mid Burst)

So here's what I ended up doing, which is pretty well the same as the Double GR Opener.

Hypercharge, BFB, HE, RS, Tank pulls the boss, Gauss Round
    Hot Shot | Pot
    Lead Shot | Reload/Wildfire (this lets me get Wildfire Credit for both the first Split and Slug Shots, where as if I used Wildfire on the next Slug, it wouldn't register before Slug goes off due to it being instant cast)
    Split | Quick Reload
    Slug | Ricochet
    Split | Reassemble/Rapid Fire
    Clean | Blank
    Slug | Head Graze
    Split|
    Clean | Gauss Round
    Wildfire goes off
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-15-2015 at 07:36 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    When I was initially looking at it, it didn't seem like I was getting the last couple skills under the HE/B4B timers if I popped them first prior to LS, so I was comparing the difference in gained potency from Wildfire if I delayed the cast till after LS.
    That's a fair point, and another good reason to make sure you're activating your buffs from weakest to strongest. Our opener is frontloaded with so many GCDs spent casting buffs, that it's good to think about how the order of activation affects which one falls off first later in the opener.

It's a small difference, but activating BFB before Raging Strikes for example is the difference between Raging Strikes being up just a little bit longer to affect one more shot later in the opener - which is better than the reverse situation where Raging Strikes falls off and you're left with the relatively weaker BFB buff for that last shot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Myon88; 08-15-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Odowla Wetae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Also account for how rediculous BRD is to sustain high - that being said, i can sustain 1.2kish with both but sustaining it with b ard is so insane

Also, lol 12% on leadshot, i always knew it wazs that high but when you think of a single dot being 12% of your damage.. lol, holy shit
    (0)
    Last edited by Odowla; 08-16-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    My static is moving into A2S and I'm looking for tips on how to best approach that fight - ideal cooldown usage per wave and things like that. We're still wiping on wave 5/6 so it's still early days for us, but I'd like to be prepared.

I'm pretty much just dotting everything up with Lead Shot at the start of each wave, and then moving into single target/AoE depending on the priority target, am I forgetting anything obvious?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Just have to wonder-- does anyone else think our Eso gun looks like a dust buster vacuum?
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryaz; 08-16-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sephaistos Eum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Myon88 View Post
    My static is moving into A2S and I'm looking for tips on how to best approach that fight - ideal cooldown usage per wave and things like that. We're still wiping on wave 5/6 so it's still early days for us, but I'd like to be prepared.

I'm pretty much just dotting everything up with Lead Shot at the start of each wave, and then moving into single target/AoE depending on the priority target, am I forgetting anything obvious?
    with 3 weeks of clear, what i do is:
    1st wave just singletarget, they die fast enough.
    2nd wave with aoebot, singletarget (using reload, reassemble for funs, singletargeting)
    3rd wave aoebot, dotting the biggob that spawns far away, popping all cds except raging+pot, then Grenados once tanks have pulled everything on one stack, invig once sub 540. changing to a quick tp bot when 1-2 gobs left.
    4th wave aoebot in the middle, singletarget on the walker. mpbot when next wave spawns for a quick refresh.
    5th wave dot widows, once all cds are up, go ham on the first widow. getting some sweet 9-10k WF:s.
    6th wave i throw hypermpbot, we focus the biggob, then aoebot and dot all, focus walker -> doll -> widow. I'm savin cds for next wave.
    7th wave it'd be optimal to aoebot all 4 but tanks......... I go and cds -> dot all 4 -> focus on clearing one tank.
    8th wave aoebot until biggobs are down, mpbot to the end of the wave. aoe if i can
    9th wave aoebot until small gobs are down, mpbot if heals low. dot walker, doll and if tp is fine, widows too. using cds on Doll, and then whenever they are up.
    I think thats all. I dont really like the fight but whatever.
    (2)
    Last edited by zandervont; 08-17-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    snip
    I am going to try this out and see how it works for me. Small adjustments to cater to my group set up, but it all looks legit.
    (0)

Page 111 of 137 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast