Player
    Character
    Pulsahr Elenfea
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 68

this game is NOT friendly for those who return after long absence

I'm returning after a year of absence, eager to test new jobs, new areas, exp some jobs to 60, test flying mounts and all the new stuff. So I bought the expansion, early access, and got in, looking for new fun things to do.
    But I can't.
    I have to clear the main story to heavensward to access new content. A year of main story. I CAN'T enjoy anything new before clearing the story, with tons of hour of story.
    I love the story, that's not the point. But I like to take my time to enjoy the story at my own pace.

It's like being interested in several tv shows, and being forced to fully finish one before trying anything else.

Not cool.

Edit : Part 2, after reaching Ishgard : http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3070342
    (2)
    Last edited by Pulsahr; 06-26-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lemuel Baruch
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    the expansion is tied to the main story, so it makes sense that a person cannot access it until they are caught up with the story. Take your time and enjoy all the content you missed, than you can enjoy the new content in Heavensward..
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This been said time and time again that you needed 2.0 story line done it even say it when you pre-order the game. You should have came back not got HW and do all the main story-line and enjoy it at your own time. Once you got to HW buy the expansion pack and do the main story for that and enjoy that.

I don't understand why people get so mad you did not need to buy the expansion yet.
    (28)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Pikarin Kurisu
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    They told people this ages ago you had a long time to start playing and get to the end of the story quests. You can even skip a ton of optional content there was no reason for you to not have done it already except to save a month of sub. Beating the story up to Heavensward can be done in a couple of days at an average speed if you are skipping cutscenes. As a returning player you even had a head start. It should take you about 1 free Saturday to do it all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    Well, if you weren't playing it doesn't really matter how much they warned us that the story would need to be completed to access expansion content. I know FFXIV isn't doing anywhere close to bad subscriber-wise, but taking some steps to win the loyalty of returning players would only improve the player base.

I think the issue here that makes people complain about the 2.x story quests is the fact you do all of them at level 50 so you do not feel like you are progressing as you were when doing the MS pre-50, so for days you will feel like you are stuck and enjoying the story for the sake of story and no other progression is not a realistic expectation in a RPG game. It was fine when level 50 was the cap, but it is no longer the case. It's too late now, but perhaps a rebalancing of all MS levels should be in order to provide a more enjoyable experience, especially for new players as they would more than ever be able to level up with the main story quests.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Its like watching TV, but you only have one channel.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pulsahr Elenfea
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 68
    I forgot to mention the fact that there is no mobs or zone above 50 in pre-HW content, so I can't really lvl up (craft, gathering and battle classes), or in a super slow way, which nobody enjoys.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Bad analogy. A better anology is like starting to watch a TV series on season 3 and skipping over 1 and 2. That's more akin to a story-centric MMO such as FFXIV.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsahr View Post
    I'm returning after a year of absence, eager to test new jobs, new areas, exp some jobs to 60, test flying mounts and all the new stuff. So I bought the expansion, early access, and got in, looking for new fun things to do.
    But I can't.
    I have to clear the main story to heavensward to access new content. A year of main story. I CAN'T enjoy anything new before clearing the story, with tons of hour of story.
    I love the story, that's not the point. But I like to take my time to enjoy the story at my own pace.

It's like being interested in several tv shows, and being forced to fully finish one before trying anything else.

Not cool.
    If you like the story then whats the problem? It does mention everywhere they it required completion of the 2.5 questline, so you could have returned before early access?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsahr View Post
    I forgot to mention the fact that there is no mobs or zone above 50 in pre-HW content, so I can't really lvl up (craft, gathering and battle classes), or in a super slow way, which nobody enjoys.
    You can level crafting pretty fast actually, even without access to heavensward areas.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ny Lisa
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    You can level crafting pretty fast actually, even without access to heavensward areas.
    only up to lvl 52 maybe 54 from there its just waste of leve allowances!because experience points received from lvl 45 leves doesn't worth it anymore

Problem doesn't end there , even after that you wont be able to get to all of the new areas without progressing through story , i dont like the story , i dont like the combat , yet i`m forced to do it to be able to keep on crafting/gathering.
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast