Player
    Character
    Illyasviel Einzbern
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80

Fixing the UI scaling

My original thread, completely ignored by the Community Team, lives in General Discussion:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...caling-options

I was hoping that this would be addressed for the expansion but it seems that was not to be. During the time that I have had this thread, there has never been a single response from anyone who is in charge as to whether this will ever be addressed or not. I don't think it's too unreasonable to at least ask for a response, "Yes" or "No", if there are plans to ever address the non-scalable UI in FFXIV. I think that's the least somebody can do regarding this issue.

I would be happy with "Yes, someday when we have the the time" because that's something I could look forward to, or "No, we don't have the resources/we are too busy" because that's honest and I wouldn't have to have false hope like when the Heavensward benchmark had a toggle to freely scale the UI based on whatever arbitrary resolution you set but then the expansion client still has the same limited options as the ARR client.

I would appreciate any response that can be made to this post. Thank you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    The benchmark support this. WHY ISN'T IT AN OPTION IN THE GAME?

Notice that it's impossible to read any of the NPC dialog text.

You provided an option to "Scale UI during character creation" in the benchmark. So you have demonstrated you can scale the UI appropriately.

The UI programming staff is made up a a decent sized group.

What's the problem?
    (2)
    Last edited by Laraul; 06-20-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Penelope Do'urden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    It is, go to HUD layout and make it whatever size ya feel like.
    Edit: unless of course you mean you want MORE options. in that case i agree.
    (0)
    Last edited by PenelopeWinn; 06-26-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Salty Fat
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 18
    PenelopeWinn, i think you're a bit confused as i am new player to this game and i know you can't change the dialog box in the UI settings. This is a complete utter failure on square enix. I tried contacting support multiple times with no help at all. really bad customer service imo.
    (0)