Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    . Well how do you search for something you dont know about
    That's solved by having constantly linking pages. If someone is interested enough to start reading lore sections, they're interested in learning about it, thus it becomes "going down the rabbit hole" of wiki hyper links.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Way back before ARR was even a thought there was some lore information about FFXIV, starting at the dawn of time and progressing through the eras, it was very in depth and covered everything about the game including the 12, the primals, the races even the time and seasons, was really a great piece of work...but alas I lost my copy of it. Anyone know or remember what I'm talking about?

Ok I went looking and found this...its not exactly what I referring to but its worth a look...

http://http://guidescroll.com/2012/0...ion-and-guide/
    (0)
    Last edited by Allistar; 06-09-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I really think this should be a "gathering" class in-game. Lore junkies are rampant in Final Fantasy, moreso than any other game that's ever existed. To be able to collect data and lore on each of the astral and umbral eras as well as much of the info on this site would be immensely helpful to make it "official". Even the clarification about dragon speak was really awesome. I genuinely think people would go crazy learning about all of the lore of this game through items and quests.

Remember how this was done in Final Fantasy Tactics? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    So... I guess the 1st thing to really discuss here is.... Where do we start? If anyone wants get a task like this done... We have to organize. Saying "Hey let's do this!" is all fine and dandy, but we need to actually do it. We can't expect Moose to comprehensively do something alone. First we really need someone taking leadership of the project as well as deciding who has domain over what topics. We also would need access people's notes so that we can begin making sense of things and actually having a direction on what to do with everything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Dividing up the work would likely be best, and having someone who has the say over who gets what, so that people don't argue over saying "I wanted that part." Google Docs would make a good spot for everyone to put their pages, and then turning those over to the person in charge to make one large compendium. From there, the people who actually made the pages could be in charge of upkeep (things like Primals and Ascians would require upkeep, others like some NPCs, probably would need considerably less upkeep), or a group could be put in charge of upkeep.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'm a Ph.D student, so compiling and sorting information is no problem for me. I'm also great at edits and making things read in one voice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gahoo Yah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    As Moose said, we love lore over at Gamerescape! It's mainly just a question of getting more people adding it and/or making requests for templates if they want it. We have all the basic information related to lore, so linking to things like the Rhotano Sea or Knights of the Barracuda is easy.

I think the main thing that is needed is a revamp of Lore to be a organization page for people who want to start browsing or building lore pages. Just organizing a list of pages would go far in helping to identify what is needed and assist with better organization.

As for NPCs, for example, we are fully set up for it. See Nanamo Ul Namo as an example. Just need the loremongers out there to fill in the information for other NPCs!
    (1)
    Last edited by gahoo; 06-10-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by gahoo View Post
    As Moose said, we love lore
    Oh, thank the Twelve. I don't have to email you later and let you know that I volunteered you to tweak things that handle lore ungracefully... Glad to, uh... Glad to see you don't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by gahoo View Post
    I think the main thing that is needed is a revamp of Lore to be a organization page for people who want to start browsing or building lore pages. Just organizing a list of pages would go far in helping to identify what is needed and assist with better organization.
    A good a place as any for an Eorzea 101 portal. I'd forgotten about some of these old PR things fro- GREAT OSCHON'S RAVEN, 2010. I need to poke my head out of the forums and my write-ups more often. Before I go uprooting that page, I'll play around a bit with what basics a newcomer might be looking for in a PR-style website.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 06-10-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Wolfandre De'asura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I would be so down for helping to get this thing rolling in earnest.

I don't keep notes or a log (most of my lore knowledge is from memory) so I won't be awfully helpful in that regard. But if we're organizing, consider me...organized...? I want to help on a level higher than answering questions or clearing misnomers on the lore-ums.

Point me in a direction and give me something to do, Moose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rashi Shadowblade
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to this thread, I've been on the forums when I've had a few moments, but I've had a busy couple of days. For sure though count me in on helping out with this in any way possible. I'm planning on starting to record videos in game some time soon, and especially by the time HW comes out. Assuming I can clear enough hardrive space on my laptop, we can use said videos as points of reference for the exact dialog that is given during both the MSQ and any sidequests that I do......
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchandFeel View Post
    Strangely enough, if you assume the OP is from a parallel universe, it all makes sense.
    That or they are just spouting gibberish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2