Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

Primary cause of T5 Divebomb failures

I've been in many, many T5 runs, and the primary cause of Divebomb failure seems to be this scenario:

Problem is, many people don't seem to get it when they are told to go deeper.

How do you teach people who repeatedly fail this, despite repeated instruction?
    (15)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    It always seems to fail when you have that one guy who thinks its ok if they stay out a bit. They never understand what it means when you say. "Right up against the wall."
    I always thought it was a straightforward bit of instruction.

I've also seen it where they stay out off the pit, get others killed, but they survive, and say, "See, you dont need to be in the pit! I stayed out and lived and those who went in died!"
    (6)
    Last edited by Whiteroom; 05-27-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    If the wall didn't instakill you just for grazing it, I'm sure it would not be as difficult to get people to "go deeper" as you put it.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    If the wall didn't instakill you just for grazing it, I'm sure it would not be as difficult to get people to "go deeper" as you put it.
    Staying too far out and risking a whole party wipe is hardly a better alternative.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    If people are willing to listen to explanations, then before the fight starts, show them exactly how far away to stand from the line.

If they still don't get it, then.. maybe ask them to move to the other pit, so they at least don't get other people killed if they get targeted. :x

If they don't want to listen, then better to save yourself and hop out of the group.
    (0)

Player

I've only ever done t5 with experienced people so I've never understood why people wipe at divebombs. I don't even understand how the mechanic works, all I know is, stand here when you hear a sound run away, and repeat
    (0)
    http://websta.me/n/kiaraicencroft.ffxiv (Kiaraicencroft.ffxiv@instagram)

Player
    Character
    Captnyan Meowpants
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    It doesn't though, your player hitbox is tiny and you can have some of your character model in the actual line before you die.

Much like you, the problem is that most players don't understand how hixboxes work.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ostrogniew Radlutasch
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CGMidlander View Post
    I've been in many, many T5 runs, and the primary cause of Divebomb failure seems to be this scenario:

This is why it took me 6+ months to get past. Not because I didn't know where the pit was, but because others couldn't figure it out.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Takstein Floyd
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Personally I wiped on Divebombs a lot due to being in Europe. When the marker and sound appeared, it was already too late to run out and I would get hit no matter what. I'm pretty sure this is what confuses a lot of people, especially on EU servers.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    I don't even understand how the mechanic works, all I know is, stand here when you hear a sound run away, and repeat
    It's because height elevation messes with AoEs. Most AoEs have a pretty limited vertical range. And as you can see for divebombs, it doesn't take much height difference to avoid getting hit.

Chimera's another example of how it's used; it's why everyone pulls Chimera to the tree on top of the hill, so that ranged people don't have to worry about Dragon's Voice, and then you only have to worry about silencing Ram's Voice to keep melees safe (although most players nowadays only know the hill part, and don't silence Ram's Voice).
    (4)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast