Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Divine Intervention
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Place a waymark in the pit, right against the outer edge, tell them to stack inside it. Works like a charm.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Soveia Shadowsong
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by synesthetic View Post
    It's because height elevation messes with AoEs. Most AoEs have a pretty limited vertical range. And as you can see for divebombs, it doesn't take much height difference to avoid getting hit.

Chimera's another example of how it's used; it's why everyone pulls Chimera to the tree on top of the hill, so that ranged people don't have to worry about Dragon's Voice, and then you only have to worry about silencing Ram's Voice to keep melees safe (although most players nowadays only know the hill part, and don't silence Ram's Voice).
    And this is why we now have flat circle arenas. Yoshi-P's explanation doesn't exactly explain why the arenas are actually circles, a melee isn't in any extra disadvantage in T1 than they are in the flat circles, it only explains why there are no hovering platforms etc. around with mechanics involved.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    If the wall didn't instakill you just for grazing it, I'm sure it would not be as difficult to get people to "go deeper" as you put it.
    I'd rather that one person die than take my entire party down because they're scared.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    You might want to consider filtering some of the UI on your party members. For me I have party members set to initials only, titles off and hp bar off (because you already have one on your party menu) and effects for party set to "some". There's a lot of things going on during this phase and if people aren't in tuned then you will wipe. Btw its 40 seconds after the snakes appear for the divebombs start again so you can use this macro as soon as they pop:

/p 40 seconds till divebombs <se.#> <wait.30>
    /p 10 seconds till divebombs stack NOW! <se.#>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It could be easier if you weren't trying to cheese it with the pit way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Intervention View Post
    Place a waymark in the pit, right against the outer edge, tell them to stack inside it. Works like a charm.
    If only it were this simple in the runs I get in. You can tell them "Stand directly inside the waymark! No where else!" And they still seem to hear "Stand somewhere in the general vicinity of the way mark, or whereever else you want too..."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It should also be noted that T5 is the only instance so far where the divebomb mechanic works backward: Divebombs come from where the marker APPEARS, not where it disappears. So placement is everything. 2 steps forward is too far forward and changes Twintania's flight path to come in right behind the entire party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captnyan Meowpants
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    It should also be noted that T5 is the only instance so far where the divebomb mechanic works backward: Divebombs come from where the marker APPEARS, not where it disappears. So placement is everything. 2 steps forward is too far forward and changes Twintania's flight path to come in right behind the entire party.
    Have you done t13? It's exactly the same, t9 is the exception.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Staying too far out and risking a whole party wipe is hardly a better alternative.
    I never said it was. I'm just saying that's the reason why people are reluctant to get too close to the wall.

It doesn't though, your player hitbox is tiny and you can have some of your character model in the actual line before you die.

Much like you, the problem is that most players don't understand how hixboxes work.
    No, the problem is that it's pretty damn hard to even SEE your hitbox with everyone crammed on that little space, and the margin for error is little.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    They could make divebombs a visable ground line AoE that you can run out of so you don't have to stand right next to a insta death wall, but people would probably think that's to easy...
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast